Wickham to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can fuck off and have all the tans and essex birds he wants now the wannabe playboy fuck.

sure we could not that we will :) but do think so with Advocaat
It's not impossible but any forward with any kind of pedigree at all is going to be £6m. Hopefully the club have identified someone but in a market where championship strikers are going for £8m-£15m they will be doing well.

I think this is a very pragmatic decision and underlying it all is a piece of astute business.
He was coming to the end of his contact not so long ago and we filled his mouth with gold to stay. In doing so we boosted his value. Now that we have sold him we recoup most if not more than the ridiculous fee we paid for him and free up 60,000 smackeroonies a week. That's a significant contribution to the wages bill and one that he didn't really justify.
I like Connor and there is more than a grain of truth that he was always, and to his detriment , played out of position. But as the model of an old fashioned centre forward the consensus on here was that his decision making was poor, he didn't utilise his body strength and presented a poor ariel threat.
Sometimes things don't work out even with good will and the support of fans.
I don't think he will be that well remembered, maybe he will be one like Ally McCoist that will go on and do better things.
Just wish he hadn't gone to Palace though.

Very good balanced post ;)

What are his good attributes?
He scores more goals than our other strikers despite being just 22 and having played out of position all last season.

He's quicker than our other strikers.

Has more talent than our other strikers.

Tries harder than our other strikers (barring perhaps Graham, but :lol: )

He's a young English striker, we should be saying "Pay £10m or tough"

On a side issue, Palace are forking out quite a bit recently. Reckon they're planning on selling Bolasie?

He scores more goals than our other strikers despite being just 22 and having played out of position all last season.

He's quicker than our other strikers.

Has more talent than our other strikers.

Tries harder than our other strikers (barring perhaps Graham, but :lol: )
Graham and Fletcher may as well not be there, they're hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back