Wickham joins Palace on 5 year deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good luck to the lad, hard worker despite what some jokers on here claim

Trust Dick on this one, although we need to get a striker in ASAP

People acting like their happy need to have a long look at themselves, proves how lowdown the food chain we are when palace can poach our best players.

And for everyone saying he isnt worth 9m etc, he is cause they payed it. How many of our other players would command that sort of fee? Very few.
He couldn't trap sand, he shot when he should have passed, passed when he should have shot and got bullied off the ball easier than I would have, and that's just for starters. The arguement that he was played out of position doesn't wash because wherever he was played he should have been much better at all of the above.

agreed, but we can't release either of them without either buying somebody first or at least having a nigh on certainty lined up.
What you on about we've got 'Double M!':eek::lol:

No, completely agree and have a feeling we have someone very decent lined up.

Looks as though we won't be getting another striker as a replacement. Dick says he was sold as we had too many players already for that position.

It's absolute comedy on here at times.

People are queuing up to say, "I bet he scores double figures for them." or "He'll outscore any Sunderland player."

In truth I'd bet absolutely no one would be saying that if we end up signing a player with his record to replace him ......... not one.

People acting like their happy need to have a long look at themselves, proves how lowdown the food chain we are when palace can poach our best players.

And for everyone saying he isnt worth 9m etc, he is cause they payed it. How many of our other players would command that sort of fee? Very few.
I don't think they "poached" him, more like we snapped their hands off and booked the taxi.

Rodwell?

I reckon he'll do well at Palace looking at the team around him and if they play him through the middle. Basically, he'll get a lot more chances to score in a position where all he has to do is hit the target ....... aw, I think I've sussed a flaw in the plan .... However, a couple of goals will give him confidence and Pardew can teach him how to trap and control a ball and other things that he needs to become accomplished at to be a successful professional footballer ....

He couldn't trap sand, he shot when he should have passed, passed when he should have shot and got bullied off the ball easier than I would have, and that's just for starters. The arguement that he was played out of position doesn't wash because wherever he was played he should have been much better at all of the above.

Ur talking about someone who is still very young, this is why we always end up with old journeymen cause fans get on the young lplayers back straight away cause their raw, and in the next breath slag hos cause hes old and slow, can never win

I reckon he'll do well at Palace looking at the team around him and if they play him through the middle. Basically, he'll get a lot more chances to score in a position where all he has to do is hit the target ....... aw, I think I've sussed a flaw in the plan .... However, a couple of goals will give him confidence and Pardew can teach him how to trap and control a ball and other things that he needs to become accomplished at to be a successful professional footballer ....
They have a more dangerous midfield than us so will create for him.

I reckon he'll do well at Palace looking at the team around him and if they play him through the middle. Basically, he'll get a lot more chances to score in a position where all he has to do is hit the target ....... aw, I think I've sussed a flaw in the plan .... However, a couple of goals will give him confidence and Pardew can teat ch him how to trap and control a ball and other things that he needs to become accomplished at to be a successful professional footballer ....
Aye. Apart from his half arsed attitude, his shooting made Zamora look like a marksman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back