Wickham joins Palace on 5 year deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ur talking about someone who is still very young, this is why we always end up with old journeymen cause fans get on the young lplayers back straight away cause their raw, and in the next breath slag hos cause hes old and slow, can never win
How long do we wait though man, he hasn't improved at all over the last two seasons. £60.000 a week, £60,000. For what really

Or because we had too many we had to sell one to get another in, depends which way you choose to look at it really
Fair point, but if we had too many with him, getting a replacement would mean we have too many again, unless the plan is to offload Graham and or Fletcher too.

How long do we wait though man, he hasn't improved at all over the last two seasons. £60.000 a week, £60,000. For what really

Hes only 22 still i could see him being a 10-15 goal man in a few years

Obviously at palace hes been signed as a striker so will play down the middle and will have kebab playing him in now rather than larsson which might help

Hes only 22 still i could see him being a 10-15 goal man in a few years

Obviously at palace hes been signed as a striker so will play down the middle and will have kebab playing him in now rather than larsson which might help
You say in a few years but we haven't got the strength in depth or the funds to pay one player £60.000 a week in the hope that in a few years he scores 10-15 goals a season.

He couldn't trap sand, he shot when he should have passed, passed when he should have shot and got bullied off the ball easier than I would have, and that's just for starters. The arguement that he was played out of position doesn't wash because wherever he was played he should have been much better at all of the above.

This is a total invention that's become another 'SMB fact.

In reality, no one knows if he actually wanted to play wide or whether his natural position is centre forward do they?

Hopefully we don't live to regret this one. Splits opinion on here but we all know what Wickham is: a young English player who hasn't performed as we'd hoped. Will he push on at Crystal Palace? Will be interesting to see.

He has already been replaced by Lens, and his wages will most likely be used on M'Vila and Fer they both come on loan.

Very good business in my opinion, hopefully we have a sell on clause!

This is a total invention that's become another 'SMB fact.

In reality, no one knows if he actually wanted to play wide or whether his natural position is centre forward do they.
And even if he was played out of position, the things he wasn't good at wouldn't have mattered wherever he played. If he was playing up front he'd still have been too easily pushed off the ball, still struggled to make the right decisions and he'd still have had a dodgy first touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back