Wickham joins Palace on 5 year deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy we're getting the money back we paid for him. I wish him all the best for the future, but I can't see him being the player Pardew thinks he'll be. We need to replace him with better.

Keith Downie ‏@SkySports_Keith 32s32 seconds ago

Connor Wickham has completed his move to @CPFC on a five year deal. We understand the fee to total £9m, inclusive of add-ons.

Logon or register to see this image

After his great escape form, he should have been seen as the main striker and given a run up front.

We never replaced Borini, so he got shunted out to the left and saw mainly Fletch, Defoe, Danny G up front instead of him.
Though he was clumsy, weak and infuriating at times, id say he earned the right to be given 9-10 games as our main striker ahead of Fletcher, so will watch with interest.

Its no problem at all so long as we bring in someone stronger, faster who can hold the ball up and run at defences.

All about the replacement for me. If we sell wickham and replace him with loans and a cheap forward for like £3m then it's not exactly moving forward from the club.

We need to reinvest this money in a forward

I'm hearing 6m possibly rising to 9.5m if that's true then it's f***ing awful business yet again on our part. Unless we bring in a Pato or Sow.

Terrible business getting potentially less than we paid for him when there was no need to sell him over Graham or Fletcher or even defoe.

The mugs running this club need a f***ing slap.

Surely you start a root and branch clear out by offloading the least valuable??

These transfer negotiations take varying lengths of time and therefore conclude at various times.
It's pot luck as to when they fall.

It's not a case of compiling a bullet point list and working your way through it in order.

All about the replacement for me. If we sell wickham and replace him with loans and a cheap forward for like £3m then it's not exactly moving forward from the club.

We need to reinvest this money in a forward

We're going to be playing 1 central striker,we currently have 3. I hope we do spend big on one but I suspect at least one of Graham or Fletcher will have to be sold before we do it.

We're going to be playing 1 central striker,we currently have 3. I hope we do spend big on one but I suspect at least one of Graham or Fletcher will have to be sold before we do it.

One of them will leave either as a sale or a loan imo.

Seems bizarre to me to sell wickham to fund 2 midfield loans/one year deals.

£9m, £60k/week off the wage bill for someone who's "had potential" for the last 4 years is cracking business. Bring someone in who can score goals and we're laughing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back