wayne rooney greatest england goalscorer in history?

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know that mate. Mind you, didn't shearer go on a bit of a drought near the end of his England career? Seem to remember a lot wanting him out.
Charltons record is awesome like.
Shearer played less games only 63 and scored 30
Rooney is 48 on just over the hundred and owen is 40 from 80 odd.

Whilst on the subject of Rooney folk do forget as its a long time ago he was second top scorer at Euro 2004 at the age of 18 and limped off early on against Portugal as well.................

Greatest Manager Alf Ramsey
Greatest Skipper Bobby Moore
Greatest Player Bobby Charlton
Greatest Goalscorer Jimmy Greaves
Greatest Keeper Gordon Banks
Greatest Fullback Jimmy Armfield
Greatest CB Bobby Moore
Greatest Winger Tom Finney
Greatest Football Casey used in 1966 World Cup Final
Greatest Referee
Greatest dog to find the Jules Rimet Trophy Pickles
Greatest Coach Driver Harold Shepherdson

Greatest Manager Alf Ramsey
Greatest Skipper Bobby Moore
Greatest Player Bobby Charlton
Greatest Goalscorer Jimmy Greaves
Greatest Keeper Gordon Banks
Greatest Fullback Jimmy Armfield
Greatest CB Bobby Moore
Greatest Winger Tom Finney
Greatest Football Casey used in 1966 World Cup Final
Greatest Referee
Greatest dog to find the Jules Rimet Trophy Pickles
Greatest Coach Driver Harold Shepherdson
Cant find fault with that bar the fullback..............Gary Neville was one who was better for me as was Kenny Sansom........

Jimmy Greaves is Englands greatest goal scorer (goals per games played)
Isnt that actually David Nugent............. ;)

Jimmy Greaves is Englands greatest goal scorer (goals per games played)
if only greavsie had been born in the 1990s. watching footage of him, he was brilliant, glided over the pitch

Not that I saw him at the time but I would say Jimmy Greaves taking their performances for the national side........
Shearer/Lineker and Owen are close behind......

You'd be right.

if only greavsie had been born in the 1990s. watching footage of him, he was brilliant, glided over the pitch

Indeed. Quite simply the greatest finisher I've ever had the pleasure to watch. A true genius.

Still think shearer is the best English striker but the stats don't lie. Amazing how many he's scored really, shame he's never done It in a tournament though.
Agree, barring injuries he would have a far better record.

No.
It'd be interesting to see how many he'd scored against the perceived big teams of world football.
Also it's probably a bit unfair to compare him to players of old as there's far more internationals played now than there ever was.

after he scores two more, he is above bobby charlton.

should he be ranked the greatest ever for england?
No! wasnt Charlton a midfielder?..I wonder if they could segregate the goals out so only ones scored in qualification and tournaments not meaningless friendlies against pub teams........Stats are stats and he deserves the accolode the numbers imbue but he aint the greatest in my book! Charlton as a midfielder fekkin brillient but in my mind Jimmy Greaves was the best goalscorer for england and in this case the numbers do lie!

No.
It'd be interesting to see how many he'd scored against the perceived big teams of world football.
Also it's probably a bit unfair to compare him to players of old as there's far more internationals played now than there ever was.
clearly this. This former Everton player, roney, is a petulant, massively over rated footballer whose goals record against San Marino will no doubt be impressive. after that....meh.

nowhere near englands greatest anything, except greatest ever self centred, petulant, spoilt, arsehole.

Its a "no" from me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back