wayne rooney greatest england goalscorer in history?

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

after he scores two more, he is above bobby charlton.

should he be ranked the greatest ever for england?

Still think shearer is the best English striker but the stats don't lie. Amazing how many he's scored really, shame he's never done It in a tournament though.
Not that I saw him at the time but I would say Jimmy Greaves taking their performances for the national side........
Shearer/Lineker and Owen are close behind......

Still think shearer is the best English striker but the stats don't lie. Amazing how many he's scored really, shame he's never done It in a tournament though.
lineker, for the amount he scored plus top scorer in mexico 86.

my dad will never believe that bobby charlton was not the greatest for england

Its what you do at major tournaments that counts - and Rooney hasn't done enough.
lineker?

Who shearer? Not sure but wouldn't be at all surprised. He was quality.
Naa nowhere near...........Owen has 10 more goals and Rooney 18in total anyway I think it was Owen until Rooney surpassed him............

Hiwever we play boatloads of competitive games now and a lot against crap but you can counter that saying the likes of Charlton scored loads in friendlies against crap..............

some statto available to put up goals in competitive games.

i am off down concord.

imo

1 lineker
2 charlton
3 @Greavsie

You have to take into account the opposition scored against. I imagine a lot of Rooneys goals are against absolutely pap opposition.

Naa nowhere near...........Owen has 10 more goals and Rooney 18in total anyway I think it was Owen until Rooney surpassed him............

Hiwever we play boatloads of competitive games now and a lot against crap but you can counter that saying the likes of Charlton scored loads in friendlies against crap..............
Didn't know that mate. Mind you, didn't shearer go on a bit of a drought near the end of his England career? Seem to remember a lot wanting him out.
Charltons record is awesome like.

International football is completely different from the days of Charlton, Greaves and Lineker. Just look at some of the countries that play international football these days. It's the same with Robbie Keane. The first player from the British Isles (funny have we don't mind being part of the British Isle for this) to score more that 50 goals. I even heard Ireland fans comparing his record to Gerd Muller's!

There's more games now days against so really poor teams. Teams that wouldn't be good enough for the Conference.

Still a great achievement by the pair of them.

This is from last year so Rooney has scored at least 2 more in competitive games.

Logon or register to see this image
excellent this cheers

International football is completely different from the days of Charlton, Greaves and Lineker. Just look at some of the countries that play international football these days. It's the same with Robbie Keane. The first player from the British Isles (funny have we don't mind being part of the British Isle for this) to score more that 50 goals. I even heard Ireland fans comparing his record to Gerd Muller's!

There's more games now days against so really poor teams. Teams that wouldn't be good enough for the Conference.

Still a great achievement by the pair of them.
lineker had games similar to rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back