Tories tearing each other apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a strange one because believe it or not my politics probably lie to the left of Blair's economically speaking.

It's just I'm happy to sacrifice some of my own individual beliefs in order to see a Labour Party that can make real change elected.

You wouldn't want Corbyn PM, though, would you?

Anyway, my point wasn't about the actual politics, it was more about the fact when I saw you three had liked the post I knew what it was going to say before I read it :lol::lol::lol:

"It is possible for a vote of no confidence to succeed where there is a minority government, a small majority or where there are internal party splits. Where there is a minority government, the government may seek agreements or pacts with minor parties in order to remain in office.

Despite their importance to the British constitution, for a long time the rules surrounding motions of no confidence were dictated by convention. However, since the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011, a vote of no confidence means the government has 14 days in which to win a vote of confidence, or a general election is held."

So it doesnt need two thirds, they simply have to lose a vote of no confidence and not win a vote of confidence again within 14 days.....So lets assume that the campaign continues to be as bitter as it is and continues to create deeply bitter splits between both the back benches and indeed even best friends on the front benches.

Say that the out campaign were to win. After that win Cameron and Osborne refuse to resign and the out campaign no longer have faith that the person who led the in campaign and slagged them off from continuing as PM to admin. The want Boris and Govey boy to lead the party. In the end they may force that vote of no confidence to force an election in an attempt to get rid of Cameron etc.

Ha ha, the current labour party would vote with Cameron in a no confidence move. They are shitting themselves about 2020, never mind a one this year.

I would much rather have them arguing and thinking for themselves on an issue that transcends party politics and the left/right divide. Far, far better to have people speaking their minds and fighting for what they believe in (obviously some vested interests) they just all falling into line and saying nowt like Labour.

I would much rather have them arguing and thinking for themselves on an issue that transcends party politics and the left/right divide. Far, far better to have people speaking their minds and fighting for what they believe in (obviously some vested interests) they just all falling into line and saying nowt like Labour.

In fairness there is a Labour Leave campaign supported by a few Labour MPs

Ha ha, the current labour party would vote with Cameron in a no confidence move. They are shitting themselves about 2020, never mind a one this year.

I really dont think they are, the worse they can do is the same as the last two elections :oops:

And yet when Labour argue people say it shows they are unelectable ffs :lol::lol:

There is a reason Labour are saying nothing, they have stated their position and they are now standing back and watching the Tories tear chunks out of each other. Do you genuinely think there is anything for Labour to gain by getting involved in this f***ing shambles of a referendum. Whatever the result the tories have embarrassed themselves beyond belief the way they have carried on. Labour have plaid a blinder by not getting involved in his farce.

And yet when Labour argue people say it shows they are unelectable ffs :lol::lol:

There is a reason Labour are saying nothing, they have stated their position and they are now standing back and watching the Tories tear chunks out of each other. Do you genuinely think there is anything for Labour to gain by getting involved in this f***ing shambles of a referendum. Whatever the result the tories have embarrassed themselves beyond belief the way they have carried on. Labour have plaid a blinder by not getting involved in his farce.

I couldn't give a flying shiny shite what Labour has to gain. I only care in what I think is best for Britain and at this moment in time we have a once in a lifetime (possibly) event that has more significance on our future than anything else and they've waved the white flag. Hid in the shadows. Put Labour first. Tragic.

Your 'principled' hero changed his tune at the first sign of power:oops::lol:

Spot on

Has happened before.

When has a govt voted no confidence in itself?

In 1979, Labour to a man voted No. The previous no confidence vote was in 1924.

I think you are getting confused with an internal, Tory party vote of no confidence (in Cameron), which would trigger a leadership election, not a general election. We are stuck with this lot for at least another four years.

So, in other words, they are happy to put tribalism ahead of the best interests of the country. Just like AV referendum.

Last edited:
Your 'principled' hero changed his tune at the first sign of power:oops::lol:

No, he is just not an imbecile, the In/out campaigns are f***ing embarrassing, the fact he has stated his position then not got involved in this farce is all credit too him...Ironically if he was making shit up like the rest of them you would slag him off for that too. Tories living in the North East, f***ing ashamed tbh.

When has a govt voted no confidence in itself?

In 1979, Labour to a man voted No. The previous no confidence vote was in 1924.

I think you are getting confused with an internal, Tory party vote of no confidence (in Cameron), which would trigger a leadership election, not a general election. We are stuck with this lot for at least another four years.

So, in other words, they are happy to put tribalism ahead of the best interests of the country. Just like AV referendum.

If the alternative is the party making dicks of themselves like Cameron/Osborne v Boris and Gove? 100%....The most disgraceful campaigns ever based on nothing but lies and bull shit.

No, he is just not an imbecile, the In/out campaigns are f***ing embarrassing, the fact he has stated his position then not got involved in this farce is all credit too him...Ironically if he was making shit up like the rest of them you would slag him off for that too. Tories living in the North East, f***ing ashamed tbh.

If the alternative is the party making dicks of themselves like Cameron/Osborne v Boris and Gove? 100%....The most disgraceful campaigns ever based on nothing but lies and bull shit.

House in the lounge :lol::lol:

If the alternative is the party making dicks of themselves like Cameron/Osborne v Boris and Gove? 100%....The most disgraceful campaigns evnot ker based on nothing but lies and bull shit.

That isn't the alternative. They could have tried acting and behaving like grown ups and won many hearts by treating the electorate with respect. Nope. Better to wimp out and hide than get involved in the most important vote in many people's lives.

What sort of lunatic would play party political games over something as important as EU membership?

The bloke simply doesn't believe in the cause he has signed tye party up to. It's crystal clear in his half-arsed piece on the back of the Labour In leaflet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back