These 3,000 child refugees.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The suggestion has been made that we can't afford to support refugees because we can't manage to support our own. It seems reasonable to wonder why such a large economy is getting it so wrong.
Simple answer is that we spend more than we take in so something has to give. We either take more cash in or we spend less, or a combination of both

We've already established that our already rich country can't support its own properly. So just maybe there are better uses for that money.

The classic stereotypical scrounger. I take it that isn't hypothetical garbage when you say it though.
we've established that what happens on the ground is fuck all like what is suggested /planned

our politicians . especially those in opposition are playing games

This is one for another thread, but go on; I'll bite. People in receipt of benefits should use those benefits for food. Not booze, fags, bookies, tattoos etc...etc...etc...
Boom!!, that's you fucked mate, the SMB will have your bollocks on a state funded spike by breakfast time in wetherspoons:lol:

serious question are we really the 6th biggest economy ?
also the largest net contributor of aid according to Cameron but that's not good enough because our Euro friends are not good enough for people in Calais . strange world

I genuinely don't know what you're getting at. You're an intelligent bloke - you will know that food bank use for people at crisis point is at a record high.
My question is why do we have such a high welfare spend coupled with a chronic obesity problem and ridiculous tax credit situation that anyone needs food banks.

It's fucked.

I didnt suggest that. I'm asking the question why the sixth largest economy in the world can't afford to support its own and be kind to refugees.

Are its priorities wrong perhaps?
Perhaps. Which way should we prioritise?

I didnt suggest that. I'm asking the question why the sixth largest economy in the world can't afford to support its own and be kind to refugees.

Are its priorities wrong perhaps?
maybe you need to stop asking questions and suggest practical workable answers

We're still here.

Or are 3000 children going to sink us?

Much better to spend it on a £40bn railway to save 20 minutes on a trip to London.

Interesting comparison. No, 3,000 children won't sink us if you take that number at face value with no allowances made for either extended family members, any incentive given to others to follow suit or continued membership of the EU and our obligations there.

Fully agree with you about the trains though....I think we all need to chill out a bit, slow down and appreciate the view from the window. Personally I'd replace them all with steam trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back