These 3,000 child refugees.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybe you need to stop asking questions and suggest practical workable answers
that's what politicians get paid for--good job they aint on PRP
Perhaps if we reviewed our foreign aid policy to countries or regimes that didn't deserve our help we might be able to help these poor individuals in trouble.
We gave Billions in aid to India only for Tata steel to come and rip the heart out of our steel industry.
Lots of folk in this country have paid their share in taxes but are now having their pensions delayed because the country cant afford it. Pay your taxes then get made redundant and state help is only 6 month on just over £70 a week when you have savings.

Whilst I can understand why many see this as the right thing to do, my concern is the exploitation, not by the youths, but by certain lawyers (Public Interest Lawyers, Leigh Day & Co) of Article 22 of the UN convention on rights of a child, and article 8 of the European Human Rights Act.

Basically once arrived, they ( or the soliciters) can apply for family re-unification and bring over brothers, sisters, parents.
The the parents once arrived use the same Act to bring in their brothers, sisters parent's etc.
Ad infinitum
3,000 could very quickly become 50,000.

If a lid can be kept on any abuse, then I think taking unaccompanied children ( if we can carry out tests to make sure they are under 16) from Greece etc, in addition to the ones we are taking from the camps in Syria.

I am not sure about taking the ones from Calais like, sounds like pretty resourceful kids who can get from Greece to France.And anyway, France is a safe country, better standard of living than Greece.

You mean that once more I'm correct and dont buy into your left wing self loathing drivel.

There's a genuine economic argument to be had regarding this issue but in this case I personally think a bit of humanity should win the day.

You come across as vindictive towards these kids. Because that's what they'll be, kids. No matter what you think about them having beards or whatever else you've got stuck in your mind.

I still don't get why their "compassionate" neighbours namely Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt,Tunisia, Algeria,Morocco, Dubai , UAE or Turkey don't volunteer to take these orphans.

To be fair, Turkey has loads. They are sleeping rough all over Ankara...

(And we have the temerity to suggest putting them in a camp)

Either:

Not sure these 'orphans' want to blow up stuff in ME

They would 'prefer' to come to UK

Why their choice is relevant fuck only knows

If we're going to bomb their country the least we can do is help the displaced civilian populace. To me that's a given.

But perhaps an internationally funded camp would be a better solution then further burdening the social and welfare services here any further. People seem to forget it isn't just the money; it's everything else.

That all said, posters such as @My Boy Harry seem particularly spiteful for some reason, which I don't get at all.

If we're going to bomb their country the least we can do is help the displaced civilian populace. To me that's a given.

That's part of the problem though, a lot of people in the UK would rather not get involved in monumental f*ck ups in place like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria in the first place.

We don't need to and it's a waste of cash that also has a ripple effect.

Looks as though the Government is having a change of heart after a rebellion among their own MP's and a plea from Sir Eric Reich, chairman of Kindertransport-Association of Jewish refugees.

He was quite eloquent in saying that 3,000 is only 5 per Parliamentary constituency.......which when you look at it that way it's hard to argue against. But, it doesn't work out like that in reality...the 20,000 already earmarked by the Government for resettlement will almost be exclusively be resettled in The North. Rochdale will take 651, more than the whole of the South East of England.....Oldham 451......and just 5 Northern towns will take in over a third of the refugees. Stockton-On-Tees has taken in 1,709 so far.

Poor fuckers. Survive the war in Syria and they send you to Rochdale or Oldham.
That's just harsh.

I still don't get why their "compassionate" neighbours namely Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt,Tunisia, Algeria,Morocco, Dubai , UAE or Turkey don't volunteer to take these orphans.
If you are going to spout your uninformed nonsense then at least learn what you are talking about.

Saudi Arabia.....They have issued 100,000 residency permits to Syrians and are sending aid to Jordan and Lebanon to help with their refugee numbers.

Iran.......According to the UNHCR there are at least 950,000 Afghans in Iran. The Iranians say up to 3,000,000.

Egypt.....There are at least 300,000 Syrians there and 10's 000's of Sudanese.

Tunisia......There are at least 2,000,000 Libyans there plus 1000's of sub Sahara refugees.

Algeria.......There are more than 97,000 refugees there.

Morocco. ......18,000 residency permits were issued in 2014 alone.

Dubai......... 150,000 Syrian refugees.

UAE. ........ 242,000 Syrian refugees there.

Turkey...... 2.750,000 Syrians plus many, many thousands more Afghans and Iraqis.

I notice you left Lebanon and Jordan off your list. Did they not fit your agenda ?

Alongside those figures the 23,000 figures for the worlds 6th largest economy are shameful.

I wonder if Sir Eric Reich, chairman of Kindertransport-Association of Jewish refugees is lobbying the Israeli government to take there share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back