The Waffen SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd read the whole article you quote and also the link to SS-TV, you would have found that;

"On 17 August 1938 Hitler decreed, at Himmler's request, the SS-TV to be the reserve for the SS-Verfügungstruppe;[7] this would over the course of the war lead to a constant flux of men between the Waffen-SS and the concentration camps"

Your source.

The Waffen SS didn't exist in 1938 just the SS-VT.

I'll tell my lecturer that next time I need to hand in an essay for assessment.

3rd SS Division Totenkopf = a division in the waffen ss

SS-Totenkopfverbände the part of the ss responsible for guarding the death camps and not even part of the waffen ss

btw i know that the waffen ss took over the running of the camps in 44 im just f***ing with old high horse

you confused two seperate parts of the SS , get over it

Nor mate, your confused. The Waffen SS didn't exist in 1938 only the SS-VT, which the Totenkopfverbande were being routinely rotated into as per the quote i posted from your source. So all concentration camp guards served at various times in the armed SS of the day until the reorganisation i mentioned earlier.

Trying reading;

Michael Burleigh; The Third Reich: A New History
Richard Rhodes; Masters of Death
Chris Mann; SS Totenkopf (this one has pictures)
Gordon Williamson; The SS: Hitler's Instrument of Terror (pics as well)

Ian Kershaw biography of Hitler is also good for a more general overview of the Nazi state and its ideology and policies.

I think you would have made a good SS Obergruppenfuher, marching around demanding that everyone follow your orders.

Nor mate, your confused. The Waffen SS didn't exist in 1938 only the SS-VT, which the Totenkopfverbande were being routinely rotated into as per the quote i posted from your source. So all concentration camp guards served at various times in the armed SS of the day until the reorganisation i mentioned earlier.

Trying reading;

Michael Burleigh; The Third Reich: A New History
Richard Rhodes; Masters of Death
Chris Mann; SS Totenkopf (this one has pictures)
Gordon Williamson; The SS: Hitler's Instrument of Terror (pics as well)

Ian Kershaw biography of Hitler is also good for a more general overview of the Nazi state and its ideology and policies.

I think you would have made a good SS Obergruppenfuher, marching around demanding that everyone follow your orders.
ffs:lol:

Uzza's right. This became the 3rd SS Panzer Div, when the early combat units of the SS were reorganised.

the

SS-Totenkopfverbände (the part of the ss that guarded the camps and was still active in 45)

did not "become the 3rd panzer div"

he wasnt right at all

the 3rd got its soldiers from the SS-Totenkopfverbände at the beginning of the war

No love for those of Hebrew descent anarl, if his bigotted posts on here are anything to judge by.:neutral:

he must have thought all his Xmas days had come at once on that day in June 1944. really showed the lethality of the tiger when in good hands.
ironically the tiger ,panther and king tiger helped in the downfall..just mass produce the long barrel mk4 with the 75 mm gun would have been more help than waste resources developing heavier bigger gunned models..go to bovington tank museum fantastic day out,they've got a tiger there..

the

SS-Totenkopfverbände (the part of the ss that guarded the camps and was still active in 45)

did not "become the 3rd panzer div"

he wasnt right at all

the 3rd got its soldiers from the SS-Totenkopfverbände at the beginning of the war

The 3rd SS Div was formed from SS-TV hence its name, insignia and leader Theodore Eiche.

Prior to this SS-VT was the only combat SS unit, before the reorganistion into Waffen SS div's following the French campaign.

Nee bother though.

No love for those of Hebrew descent anarl, if his bigotted posts on here are anything to judge by.:neutral:

ff:lol:

The 3rd SS Div was formed from SS-TV hence its name, insignia and leader Theodore Eiche.

Prior to this SS-VT was the only combat SS unit, before the reorganistion into Waffen SS div's following the French campaign.

Nee bother though.

yes it was, your op is still incorrect though

ironically the tiger ,panther and king tiger helped in the downfall..just mass produce the long barrel mk4 with the 75 mm gun would have been more help than waste resources developing heavier bigger gunned models..go to bovington tank museum fantastic day out,they've got a tiger there..

Bovington is a class day out if your down there. Size of them is enough to put the shits up ya, never mind them coming towards you all guns blazing.

The best AFV's they had were often overlooked for bigger and better designs which proved impractical and over engineered.

More long barrelled sturmgeshutz, jagdpanthers and mobile artillery might have extend the war unlike giant mechanically unreliable monsters.

porsche designed the tiger tank

Can I just say I've rarely clicked on a random SMB page which has made less sense :lol:.

porsche designed the tiger tank
the tiger was mk6 tiger royale/king was 7 there was actually an 8 only 3 made never saw action 80 ton with a 100mm cannon,,mentioned this before mk4's fought for syria in 67 on the golan heights and were knocked out by israeli british made centurions..syria got them from spain and france

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back