The Waffen SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yep, like I already just said...

"... I'm sure I won't be the only one that notices that whenever you can't back up the crap you spout you come out with insults, or daft posts (I presume to try and deflect attention away from your mistakes?)"

are you mental?

that me laughing at you spouting utter shite, how can i back that up?

youve been ignoring the fact that i have outlined about a dozen occaisions when youve been wrong on this thread

Wasn't their a British Unit too? The St George's division or something?

I could believe there was a Dutch brigade, after all, they're well known for their love of Germans.

Wasn't their a British Unit too? The St George's division or something?

I could believe there was a Dutch brigade, after all, they're well known for their love of Germans.

British Free Corps, someone posted a pic of their uniform.

here

Only ever had about 50 member, was going to be the Legion of St George.

The Nederlanders can't stand the Jerries nowadays but at the time they (like most of Europe) had a large Nationalist/Right wing party (NSB) which supported Hitler's war against the Bolshevik menace.

The Waffen SS were more associated with being frontline military units, but as the war progressed all the SS units became one and people transferred within the SS from frontline, to admin function, to camp guard, to transport units.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=695443&page=26#ixzz1tkJ6kbKu

the camps were guarded by the SS-Totenkopfverbände and not the waffen ss

Which was the top unit to be a part of? I can't imagine offing a whole load of gypsies was right at the top of the tree?

The Waffen SS were more associated with being frontline military units, but as the war progressed all the SS units became one and people transferred within the SS from frontline, to admin function, to camp guard, to transport units.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=695443&page=26#ixzz1tkJ6kbKu

the camps were guarded by the SS-Totenkopfverbände and not the waffen ss

Uzza's right. This became the 3rd SS Panzer Div, when the early combat units of the SS were reorganised.

BTW, given there's a few obsessed folks on here - get hold of Devil's Guard, about a group of german SS that got captured and offered the gallows or the french foreign legion (in south east asia). Marvellous stuff.

Which was the top unit to be a part of? I can't imagine offing a whole load of gypsies was right at the top of the tree?

1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler. This was the top formation and received all the best recruits, weapons and equipment even within the SS.

12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend. Total fanatics; young Hitler Youth teenagers commanded by combat experienced commanders.

funny how the were still in service in may 1945

They were rotated.

1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler. This was the top formation and received all the best recruits, weapons and equipment even within the SS.

12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend. Total fanatics; young Hitler Youth teenagers commanded by combat experienced commanders.

I read Anthony Beever's book about the fall of berlin - he suggested the SS Adolf Hitler was a cobbled together unit that ran away from the russkis.

I read Anthony Beever's book about the fall of berlin - he suggested the SS Adolf Hitler was a cobbled together unit that ran away from the russkis.

At the time of the fall of Berlin maybe, but it was THE premier SS div hence it having Hitler's name and only the best recruits. Was also designated 1 for same reason.

you are still wrong regardless of where i looked it up

If you'd read the whole article you quote and also the link to SS-TV, you would have found that;

"On 17 August 1938 Hitler decreed, at Himmler's request, the SS-TV to be the reserve for the SS-Verfügungstruppe;[7] this would over the course of the war lead to a constant flux of men between the Waffen-SS and the concentration camps"

Your source.

The Waffen SS didn't exist in 1938 just the SS-VT.

I'll tell my lecturer that next time I need to hand in an essay for assessment.

If you'd read the whole article you quote and also the link to SS-TV, you would have found that;

"On 17 August 1938 Hitler decreed, at Himmler's request, the SS-TV to be the reserve for the SS-Verfügungstruppe;[7] this would over the course of the war lead to a constant flux of men between the Waffen-SS and the concentration camps"

Your source.

The Waffen SS didn't exist in 1938 just the SS-VT.

you confused two seperate parts of the SS , get over it

They were rotated.

this. michael wittmann was the top boy..knights cross to the iron cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back