The new Top Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could barely drive it.
If they were reviewing hot hatches or affordable coupé's it would have been the same.

Keeping up with that Stig shit as well. :/
That sort of thing is covered elsewhere though, it stopped being a "serious" car review show a long time ago.

Always thought these programmes were aimed at an audience of ten yr olds with five yr olds brains.

Find it hard to believe that apparently grown up folk, take any part of it seriously at all.

Always thought these programmes were aimed at an audience of ten yr olds with five yr olds brains.

Find it hard to believe that apparently grown up folk, take any part of it seriously at all.
They are.

Andy wilman has confirmed it

It's a show for kids to watch with their dads on a Sunday

Some crazy students have hacked the Daily Mail website saying the new Top Gear is class with ower 15k likes.

If they'd announced scientists had cloned Maggie from DNA retrieved from Ronnie's cock they'd barely have reached five thousand.

Some crazy students have hacked the Daily Mail website saying the new Top Gear is class with ower 15k likes.

If they'd announced scientists had cloned Maggie from DNA retrieved from Ronnie's cock they'd barely have reached five thousand.

You can't beat the paranoid drivel of the DM comments section.

"It's not the DM writing the fake comments and then liking them its the BBC! Its easy, have 30 staff, make a macro, or a button to clear cookies, refresh the page and click like, each person could do this 6 times a minute, 30 people thats about 10,000 likes an hour!"

I enjoyed it. I think they have a lot of promise as a team.

I don't know why people were expecting some sort of "revamp" to the format. It's just like what they did with The Force Awakens - took an existing formula that had great popularity and used it pretty much verbatim with different actors. With Star Wars the clamour was "Hooray, they didn't change anything from the original trilogy! Therefore it's not shit despite its flaws! Celebration time!", and yet here, Top Gear gets the opposite reaction! Could it be that the SMB loves Clarkson more than Star Wars? :eek::-O:cry::cry:

I enjoyed it. I think they have a lot of promise as a team.

I don't know why people were expecting some sort of "revamp" to the format. It's just like what they did with The Force Awakens - took an existing formula that had great popularity and used it pretty much verbatim with different actors. With Star Wars the clamour was "Hooray, they didn't change anything from the original trilogy! Therefore it's not shit despite its flaws! Celebration time!", and yet here, Top Gear gets the opposite reaction! Could it be that the SMB loves Clarkson more than Star Wars? :eek::-O:cry::cry:
The Emporer says no

There was absolutely nowt wrong with it. Didn't miss Clarkson and his sycophantic pets one bit.

I was expecting it to be absolutely awful but I was very surprised.
I beg to differ. Clarkson, May and Hammond were class. I thought last night was ok but not a patch on the old line up.

I beg to differ. Clarkson, May and Hammond were class. I thought last night was ok but not a patch on the old line up.

Except that the first episodes of the Clarkson era Top Gear had a fat bloke called Jason Dawe doing used car advice, then the second series had James May doing exactly the same thing, telling people how they could buy a Bentley T2 for peanuts.

Of course nobody remembers that now because of the success the programme became in later years. But the first episodes and series were f***ing dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back