The new Top Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confusing isn't it? Maybe if you watch some laddish millionaires on tv they'll be able to help you out.
They would do better by showing a driving prog that tells people how to drive carefully especially at roundabouts rather than encouraging women to drive like Stirling moss

My take on it is this. It's nowhere near as bad as what the press are making it out to be. I m no Chris Evans fan, but there's a proper hatchet job underway. All you are seeing is a poor program format which has been done to death without the chemistry of the 3 presenters who made it watchable. Even with them 3 it was predictable as fuck.

I have never known so many people hate the presenters of a show, new or old, yet still watch it without fail.

I thought last nights was alright, I never liked the 'star' interview and it used to get on my wick when Clarkson introduced them as 'his' guest. The same effect has been achieved by Evans on this show with the tiresome competition on first cars.

Le Blanc is made for it but he isn't a presenter, Evans is.

Seeing as they're trying to recreate top gear from the bottom up, I've been doing my bit for the nation trying to think of presenters who could do a Clarkson.

Johnny Vaughan - could work

Frankie Boyle - worth a go

Ray Winstone - desperation setting in

Philip Glenister - getting desperate

James Earl Jones - too old

There's a distinct lack of blokes in showbiz

Brian Blessed - too old
Too f***ing noisey!

I'll give it a few more weeks but it's not been great so far. I quite like le blanc, evans is just a bit irritating, and last night seemed to be setting Eddie Jordan up as the resident dozy old bloke, and that safari thing was just cack

It's alright. Evans was a lot better today - more in awe of the whole thing, than trying to ape Clarkson's boorishness.

Doesn't matter though, the press will maul it and the people will follow. The press - and the people whose fortune is tied up in the press - want Top Gear to fail, because it's a commercial powerhouse for the BBC. Kill it, and it's another knife in the side of the idea of an ad free state broadcaster, making programmes to enrich people's lives rather than to sell them yoghurts.

It's alright. Evans was a lot better today - more in awe of the whole thing, than trying to ape Clarkson's boorishness.

Doesn't matter though, the press will maul it and the people will follow. The press - and the people whose fortune is tied up in the press - want Top Gear to fail, because it's a commercial powerhouse for the BBC. Kill it, and it's another knife in the side of the idea of an ad free state broadcaster, making programmes to enrich people's lives rather than to sell them yoghurts.
Living abroad, its hard to underline how popular Top Gear was around the world. Possibly the only British program many people are even aware of, apart from bloody Mr Bean, and it was loved. Whether that love transfers to the new one will have to be seen, or will they all jump to Clarkson's new program.

I thought this week's was a bit better - the Eddie Jordan stuff was completely unfunny though, and the star interviews were boring before this series started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back