The new Top Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steaming pile of shite. The only good thing was MLB in the outdoor shoots. Evans is a prick who I would never get tyred (sic) of punching. I'll give the rest of the series a watch but if Evans doesn't get canned I can't see it being as popular as the previous series were.

Similar for me.
I'm no Clarkson fanboy, even if I was, I have GT to look forward to.

I'm just disappointed that the format hasn't changed, given it was becoming desperate - and that was with three funny presenters.

No doubt the new lot will gel a bit, but atm they make TG USA look like a good idea.

Plus, Chris Harris, along with Sabine should be the only ones commenting on technical matters.
Evans didn't have a clue how to describe what was happening on the star laps.

He was saying the kind of shit I would expect to hear from me mam.

Nice to see the Clarksonettes showing no class whatsoever. Can't say that I'm surprised though.

Who thinks a bloke who claims to be a 'car guy' when most of us know otherwise, saying things like "well done" etc rather than discussing braking and turn in points, apexes, racing lines etc is acceptable?

Why pretend when you clearly know fuck all?

This comes from me who watched TG mainly for a laugh, but also because the presenters had knowledge when needed.

Who thinks a bloke who claims to be a 'car guy' when most of us know otherwise, saying things like "well done" etc rather than discussing braking and turn in points, apexes, racing lines etc is acceptable?

This comes from me who watched TG mainly for a laugh, but also because the presenters had knowledge when needed.
Hmm :lol:

I don't think that would make for good television for the majority of people.

Watch fifth gear for all that shit.

The challenges are (were) a laugh.
I don't care about supercar reviews etc.

The programme was made funny by the presenters knowing what they were on about and choosing to take the piss when it suited.

Evans can barely drive FFS.
Yet he presents a car prog?

Very strange.

I don't think that would make for good television for the majority of people.

Watch fifth gear for all that shit.

It did. It was called Top Gear. :lol:

The challenges are (were) a laugh.
I don't care about supercar reviews etc.

The programme was made funny by the presenters knowing what they were on about and choosing to take the piss when it suited.

Evans can barely drive FFS.
Yet he presents a car prog?
Such as?

The fact that they all knew how to pedal a car and understood how they worked and could repair them.
They often played this down and obviously had crew doing the lions share, but there is no doubt they knew their stuff.

Clarkson was a good driver when it mattered. See him hanging onto Sabine Schmitz' (sp) coat tails in the Bini's as an example.
Hammond and May both have and do restore cars and motorbikes and none of them are stupid.

Evans buys Ferrari's but doesn't understand cars.

It is akin to having a bloke who knows nowt about footy commenting on games.

The fact that they all knew how to pedal a car and understood how they worked and could repair them.
They often played this down and obviously had crew doing the lions share, but there is no doubt they knew their stuff.

Clarkson was a good driver when it mattered. See him hanging onto Sabine Schmitz' (sp) coat tails in the Bini's as an example.
Hammond and May both have and do restore cars and motorbikes and none of them are stupid.

It's not. It's akin to having a bloke who likes football but has never played the game professionally presenting Soccer AM.

So who would you have presenting then?

Most of the show is about pissing about in cars, rather than the cars themselves. So the football commentary analogy doesn't really stand. All Evans really needs to understand is that cars go Brum Brum Bruuum bruuuuuuuuuuuuuumm!

So who would you have presenting then?

It is dead on it's arse, now.
Top Gear became Fifth Gear (presenters know their stuff).
New Top Gear is to become The Grand Tour.

What the BBC have left has zero credibility.
They should do a more factual programme again and have Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz as the main presenters imo.

The knowledge the pair of them have should be put to use.

Most of the show is about pissing about in cars, rather than the cars themselves. So the football commentary analogy doesn't really stand. All Evans really needs to understand is that cars go Brum Brum Bruuum bruuuuuuuuuuuuuumm!

It isn't all about pissing about in cars, though.
Anyone can do that. Whether it is funny or not is a matter of opinion.

Watching him review - and try to drive - that daft Viper, before they had the dog fight, was embarrassing.

Yet by keeping on a man who assaulted one of their staff, whilst at work, would give it credibility? Surely you agree that he had to be sacked?

I do, mate.
No way back for him or the programme, following that debacle.

The prog already needed a shake up as the format was very tired.
Now thanks to GT it will get one, leaving us with two car progs instead of one.

I just hope the BBC sorts TG out, or it is finished.

Thought it was OK.

Evans is a slightly bigger bellend than Clarkson, and Le Blanc is a upgrade on May / Hammond.

Not sure what the point of Sabine is. She'd be a good replacement for the Stig - a joke that stopped being funny 10 years ago. The show feels like it needs a 3rd host, someone less generically 'car bloke'.

Also think they need to weave in more realistic cars into it too. It's pretty boring to watch a sports car skidding around a runway tbh. Much prefer the segments that have them testing little hot hatches or whatever.

It isn't all about pissing about in cars, though.
Anyone can do that. Whether it is funny or not is a matter of opinion.

Watching him review - and try to drive - that daft Viper, before they had the dog fight, was embarrassing.
Is that the supposed serious bit? Reviewing a car that most people won't be able to afford anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back