The new Top Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll quietly retire Eddie

He just wasn't funny. The thing when James May did it is that you know he's actually very clever and mechanically minded. Eddie Jordan just came across as legitimately thick and it just wasn't funny. Even Matt Le Blanc looked pissed off when he slammed the car into the rocks a second time.

He just wasn't funny. The thing when James May did it is that you know he's actually very clever and mechanically minded. Eddie Jordan just came across as legitimately thick and it just wasn't funny. Even Matt Le Blanc looked pissed off when he slammed the car into the rocks a second time.
That was pretty funny though when he had to sit in the naughty seat after

That was pretty funny though when he had to sit in the naughty seat after

The best part was undoubtedly Jenson though. Top bloke and seemed comfortable driving and talking simultaneously - something Evans isn't capable of it seems. If McLaren give him the heave ho next season then the BBC need to sign him up imo.

It's the arrogance of Evans that is grinding on me. "This week I get even more shouty". Basically f*ck you, I'll shout if I want to, it's my show.

Sharleen Spiteri's post-Texas career seems entirely reliant on appearing in progs with Chris Evans.

Just skim-watched the latest episode on iPlayer (mainly because I was interested to see them drive the Sani Pass, which I've done myself). That's it, though. I'm done. Waiting for the real thing on Amazon.

(Someone please drop Eddie Jordan down a deep well and fill it with manure.)

Sharleen Spiteri's post-Texas career seems entirely reliant on appearing in progs with Chris Evans.

Just skim-watched the latest episode on iPlayer (mainly because I was interested to see them drive the Sani Pass, which I've done myself). That's it, though. I'm done. Waiting for the real thing on Amazon.

(Someone please drop Eddie Jordan down a deep well and fill it with manure.)

Texas are actually still a going concern as a band but, aye, she does mostly seem to pop up on Chris Evans shows. In two weeks time, he'll have the bassist from Reef and the drummer from Terrorvision caravanning in the Cotswolds, or something.

I thought week 2 improved on week 1 but agree that Eddie Jordan was a bit hopeless and, like a lot of others on here, think that the star in the reasonably priced car should go.

flogging a dead horse, the later series of the three original presenters were getting puerile and short on ideas (the 20 minutes of Peugeot was 'comedy' being the low point)... format has been milked dry, time to move on

clarkson may and gonk did hugely well to screw amazon out of fortunes

Finally watching the first episode. Doesn't seem to have the same attraction.
The top gun thing is pretty good but Evans is annoying as fuck like. He's trying way to hard to be Jezza

Just finished it. I don't mind it and can see it growing on me. MLB is good and him and Evans will work well I think

Last edited:
It's the arrogance of Evans that is grinding on me. "This week I get even more shouty". Basically f*ck you, I'll shout if I want to, it's my show.
You should hear him on the morning, pontificating about viewing figures :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back