The club deserve praise in my eyes over M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have son, I really think you have.....
.....in much the same way as you would if you walked into a party full of fit lasses, fannied around with your spotty mate as to which one to talk to, then ended up with the fat minger sat in the corner alone 'cos the lasses were now talking to the other lads who arrived half an hour after you and Henry :lol:
called Barry ;)

Am I the only one who thinks there's a bit of an 'emperors new clothes' about M'Villa?
He's a talented lad, and our midfield is threadbare so I get that, but there were loads of games last season where he pulled a Rodwell. In fact I reckon it was only the fact that a lot of us were so were incensed by Rodwell and his weekly disappearing acts that it took the focus off M'Villa who was doing likewise. He got a bit of a free pass by having an immediate impact when he joined and quickly became the darling of the SMB but there were several games towards the end of the season where I forgot he was on the pitch and his contribution was nowhere near what was needed.
I still hope we get it sorted but I also hope he hits the ground running and puts a shift in every game which is the least you can expect from CMs.
I thought the same, and once Jan started running the show he looked bang average. I would still sign him though

Pay £5 million to have guarantee he's our player & have him here for the full season or risk potentially losing out on the player for such a measly fee? Yeah deserve massive praise for that. Even if we do sign him in January we'd miss him for the first half of the season and have him unfit for the second half of the season, it makes no sense at all to not sign him now if that's the only issue.

Kirchhoff can't play ninety minutes and our main backup is Rodwell :lol: yeah definitely deserve praise to wait this one out.

Thats more to do with the fact that technically he is owned by a club whose fans racially abuse black players. Hence why he went on strike all that time ago. If i was being hounded at work regularly id probably take a cut if it meant i could get the fuck out aswell.

That isn't true at all.

Last edited:
The longer it's left the more chance we have of missing out imo. He's worth 5mil easily even with the inconsistency in the last 10 or so games. No brainer for me.

SAFC want him, he wants to come, Ruskies want rid of him. Short agrees contract with agent already with a percentage of any money saved from £5 million going to Yann to offset his wage cut. I'm sure the deal is already arranged depending on how cheap we can get him. Probably agree £2 million deal on deadline day ie a straight swop for Giach

SAFC want him, he wants to come, Ruskies want rid of him. Short agrees contract with agent already with a percentage of any money saved from £5 million going to Yann to offset his wage cut. I'm sure the deal is already arranged depending on how cheap we can get him. Probably agree £2 million deal on deadline day ie a straight swop for Giach

It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't far from the reality.

We'll only deserve praise if we get him.
There's nowt wrong in trying to get the best deal we can, but if we were to lose him for the sake of paying 5 million quid when he's clearly worth at least twice that, then it would be criminal, especially as he wants to come here and we know what we're buying.

We'll only deserve praise if we get him.
There's nowt wrong in trying to get the best deal we can, but if we were to lose him for the sake of paying 5 million quid when he's clearly worth at least twice that, then it would be criminal, especially as he wants to come here and we know what we're buying.

Contract is already agreed. Sunderland are just trying to haggle Rubin down but they aren't playing ball below £5 million. Imo it makes way more sense to pay the £5 million. For a player of his quality that's an absolute steal regardless of contract situation. Waiting until the contract runs down just means he won't be fit and will take until March to get up to speed anyway.

No. I'm not the one wanting to pay 5 million for somebody who will be free in six months. We aren't well off. That's another player
Don't get much for 5m these days, certainly not a proven premiere league player, just get the fucker done!

I don't, however, i'd be FIRM favourite to get it. I don't see why people are saying things like 'it's only £5m' ONLY £5m. WOW - how rich does everyone think we are.
Why would you believe you'd be 'firm favourite'? You'd join the queue mate and be competing with signing on fees, in the range of...shall we say £4-5 million.

Yes - this needs its own thread because I said so.

In the past we have wasted a lot of money, he wants to come here so why should we give his club what they want.

We have the cards this time, all those saying we should just give them £5m WHY?? That is £5m from another transfer.

Yes, we may have to wait but tough, I'd rather we have a club who are sensible. And if you think I am wrong ask yourself this . . .

Would you pay £150k to buy a house that you could get for free in 6 months??

Have faith, we have a better team spirit now than we have for many many years and we have some seriously good players too. We are short in certain spaces - that's why we may need that £5m.

The problem is they don't have to sell..... yet.

If we want MVilla in our season starting line up they hold all the aces and we may as well give them around £4 M to 4.5 M

If we're prepared to wait until end of August we may get him for £3 M but there's always the chance that someone else will come sniffing.

In todays inflated market I'm inclined to say make them a decent offer and get him in the starting 11 for Citeh

If we miss out it would be because he has changed his mind. Players hold all the cards now, he wants to come. If he changes his mind we move on.

if we miss out it's because another club has decided to pay for him. I suppose we could always take the high ground and sit quite content that the £5million is still in our bank when he's playing for Everton.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...underland-transfers-yann-mvilas-move-11680987

Who else would he be training with smartarse.

A few laps round the park isn't quite the same tbf

The Chronicle? At no point is there a quote telling us what the exact fee is or that he's sitting on his arse not putting his own pre-season in.

if we miss out it's because another club has decided to pay for him. I suppose we could always take the high ground and sit quite content that the £5million is still in our bank when he's playing for Everton.

Only the extremely naive would think that any other club who are interested to that level wont sit and wait till we have a bid accepted then match it and take their chance anyway. Why do people always think it's us that's the problem? I honestly think people just like slating the club - they cannot win in many fans eyes, too soft, too eager, too slow, pay too much, f***ing boring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back