The club deserve praise in my eyes over M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've actually nailed this haven't i??

It is true!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I think you have son, I really think you have.....
.....in much the same way as you would if you walked into a party full of fit lasses, fannied around with your spotty mate as to which one to talk to, then ended up with the fat minger sat in the corner alone 'cos the lasses were now talking to the other lads who arrived half an hour after you and Henry :lol:

Let's try another gomez bridcutt Buckley Graham altidore etcetc etc it's peanuts for the quality he is . Yes there are reasons for the time it's taking but to lose out on him for what is peanuts in this league is silly really . Try finding a replacement for that type of money .

You have no idea the unfit part is true or not and he'll certainly not have been sitting on his arse. Besides the one thing he looked like he needed after his first season over here, January onwards was a good rest.
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...underland-transfers-yann-mvilas-move-11680987
there are also concerns over whether M’Vila would be fit enough to go straight in to the side as he has not been training with Rubin.

Who else would he be training with smartarse.

A few laps round the park isn't quite the same tbf

Let's try another gomez bridcutt Buckley Graham altidore etcetc etc it's peanuts for the quality he is . Yes there are reasons for the time it's taking but to lose out on him for what is peanuts in this league is silly really . Try finding a replacement for that type of money .
Exactly, it's ridiculous, mvilla is worth far more than five million anyway, if we sold him on we'd treble our money.

That my thoughts exactly. How do YOU rate him, assume you've seen bits of him on to etc. What about people you know?

I don't really have an opinion on him one way or the other as I only watch Sunderland play on MOTD and don't watch too many live matches on TV, I'm more of a Leicester fan than football fan.

However you'd have to dig deep on here to find a Sunderland fan who is anything but complimentary of him and for me that counts for a lot, if Leicester are ever linked with a player it's always good to read good stuff on the other team's forum. I remember Kante wasn't highly rated outside of Leicester until about December but we knew it was only a matter of time before he got his plaudits.

So in short I always trust the fans of the club that see that player week in week out and his references couldn't be much higher on here and that's good enough for me that you should be getting a deal worked out ASAP rather than playing too much hardball and risk losing him.

They won't. It'll be done and dusted before they can send a sparrow with the offer. WORST CASE - we pay £5m and get him. Best case - FREE.

Kirchoff is pathetic clearly!!
Ahh, jumping to conclusions there? I clearly said further down the page hes a good player, as is cattermole but both of them are injury prone and kirchoff lasts about an hour

That would leave us with rodwell and larsson, class midfield that

We're 2 weeks away from the season starting and we're still in negotiations for a player we supposedly had an option to sign at the end of his loan last season.

I'm not sure they deserve praise at all to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think given the circumstances, most fans would see it as a massive let down if the club fail to get this move over the line.

Even at £5m he seems a steal, a quality player who has proved his worth for the side, gets on well with the squad and would only improve the first eleven.

Always difficult to compare I know but consider this for a moment;

Yan M'Villa - midfield player aged 26 available for £5m

Joe Allen - midfield player aged 26 just signed for Stoke for £13m

I wonder who represents the best value ....

Am I the only one who thinks there's a bit of an 'emperors new clothes' about M'Villa?
He's a talented lad, and our midfield is threadbare so I get that, but there were loads of games last season where he pulled a Rodwell. In fact I reckon it was only the fact that a lot of us were so were incensed by Rodwell and his weekly disappearing acts that it took the focus off M'Villa who was doing likewise. He got a bit of a free pass by having an immediate impact when he joined and quickly became the darling of the SMB but there were several games towards the end of the season where I forgot he was on the pitch and his contribution was nowhere near what was needed.
I still hope we get it sorted but I also hope he hits the ground running and puts a shift in every game which is the least you can expect from CMs.

Nope, no praise from me.

Five million gets you very little these days, unless you get lucky like we did with Kirchhoff. So five million for a player of M'Vila's ability is excellent business. If we fuck about and wait until January the club will look like f***ing amateurs once again. We can't afford to fuck around at this current time.

I would doubt the club and DM would risk this at all.
I expect that wheels are in motion and we are close to completing this transfer
It would be embarrassing and very idiotic to let this one get away, so I'm confident this won't happen.
2 weeks away from the City game and we have a worse team than we finished with last season.
It will take him 3 weeks to get match fit so already we are without him v City and potentially Boro fully fit.

I think given the circumstances, most fans would see it as a massive let down if the club fail to get this move over the line.

Even at £5m he seems a steal, a quality player who has proved his worth for the side, gets on well with the squad and would only improve the first eleven.

Always difficult to compare I know but consider this for a moment;

Yan M'Villa - midfield player aged 26 available for £5m

Joe Allen - midfield player aged 26 just signed for Stoke for £13m

I wonder who represents the best value ....

Joe Allen had one year left on his deal and still Stoke paid £13m.
M'Vila has 6 months left and Sunderland refuse to pay £5m.

I wonder what Sunderland's reaction would be if a club like Leicester bid £5m?

I'm all for trying to get a deal on the cheap but it appears Sunderland would rather risk losing M'Vila and get him for free or on the cheap rather than paying what it takes to get it over the line, Sunderland appear to have a lot of faith that M'Vila only wants to play for Sunderland.

I'm firmly in the just pay it camp, but I suppose what none of us know for certain is whether it's as simple as that and whether there are other complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back