The club deserve praise in my eyes over M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes - this needs its own thread because I said so.

In the past we have wasted a lot of money, he wants to come here so why should we give his club what they want.

We have the cards this time, all those saying we should just give them £5m WHY?? That is £5m from another transfer.

Yes, we may have to wait but tough, I'd rather we have a club who are sensible. And if you think I am wrong ask yourself this . . .

Would you pay £150k to buy a house that you could get for free in 6 months??

Have faith, we have a better team spirit now than we have for many many years and we have some seriously good players too. We are short in certain spaces - that's why we may need that £5m.

No ...Ellis Short is just tight....how much would it cost to get another player of his type

As can any other club. It becomes a bidding war for a signing on fee. There are no guarantees.
There's as many guarantees about us signing him on a bosman as there are about us signing him for a fee.

Why would you believe you'd be 'firm favourite'? You'd join the queue mate and be competing with signing on fees, in the range of...shall we say £4-5 million.
There's no way Mvila goes anywhere this close to free agency without a fat signing on fee. That fee is due whether we sign him tomorrow or in January.

No ...Ellis Short is just tight....how much would it cost to get another player of his type
Might be his wage demands and length of contract is a sticking point?

Not the first time we are left with someone on a multi-year deal and 50k+ a week and have to wait until they run out their contract as not worth their while going elsewhere.

The club deserve praise IF we get it done.

It's a risky strategy now, considering there's only one pre season game left. However, at least no one can accuse us of being a 'soft touch'. Thinking about it rationally, 2.5 million seems reasonable for a player on 100 grand a week for the next six months, with the selling club actively looking to get rid and no plans whatsoever of including him in their squad.

We shouldn't just bend over backwards and give Kazan exactly what they demand.

Hopefully they fold first and it works out in our favour.

There's as many guarantees about us signing him on a bosman as there are about us signing him for a fee.

There's no way Mvila goes anywhere this close to free agency without a fat signing on fee. That fee is due whether we sign him tomorrow or in January.
Yeah, and he can sign a pre-contract with anyone. 'Bidding Wars' becomes 'Signing Fee Wars'. :)

Yeah, and he can sign a pre-contract with anyone. 'Bidding Wars' becomes 'Signing Fee Wars'. :)
You're right old bean but that's no different to us trying to sign him now. Besides, every last shred of itk or press chatter - plus M'Vilas own Instagram stuff - suggests that he wants to be here. If that's truly the case then we've got Rubin over a barrel and shouldn't be caving in any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back