The club deserve praise in my eyes over M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - this needs its own thread because I said so.

In the past we have wasted a lot of money, he wants to come here so why should we give his club what they want.

We have the cards this time, all those saying we should just give them £5m WHY?? That is £5m from another transfer.

Yes, we may have to wait but tough, I'd rather we have a club who are sensible. And if you think I am wrong ask yourself this . . .

Would you pay £150k to buy a house that you could get for free in 6 months??

Have faith, we have a better team spirit now than we have for many many years and we have some seriously good players too. We are short in certain spaces - that's why we may need that £5m.

Any alternative they have lined up will more than likely cost more without being a proven premier league success though. So that will be even more money out of the budget......

I don't believe for a second there hasn't been other clubs shown an interest in him so I think it's great that he's held on so long, and through all the Allardyce uncertainty and still clearly wants to play for us.
But, he's a professional footballer who will want to play football and I can't see him waiting forever

Spot on. I can understand us wanting to get a decent deal but there comes a point where we have to bite the bullet and do the deal or risk missing out on him.
That time might well be now.

He isn't reluctant though is he . . . It is pretty common knowledge he wants To come. He can't sign a permanent contract whilst under contract at another club?? We would need to agree a fee first and we can't.

It's not that bad really is it??
Going into a season with kirchoff ( good player but lasts about an hour) cattermole and rodwell really is as bad as it seems cosidering one of them wouldnt cut the mustard in league 1

It's not one we really need to rush, providing it's done by the season start. So if we get him cheaper and get him in it's well played by the club. If we don't it's more f***ing about - time will tell.

This is all assuming Mvila is happy to go back to Rubin kazan & sit for 6 months.

I'm certain other clubs will be prepared to pay ONLY £5m for him

Yes I say ONLY because in the grand scheme of world football finances at this moment it's NOWT

To safc it might be, but to others it's fuck all.
Exactly. Forget about how long hes got on his contract etc. To buy someone else of his quality would cost us 3 times that.

What happens if someone else comes in for him at that price and then we are forced to pay more for him and an auction starts, bite the bullet pay the money and get him in, he's a no risk signing for the same price as we paid for Danny Graham ffs!

The Ruskies are obviously fookin us over for a bit of sport, I don't think they actually need the £5m so are obviously being twats

This is all assuming Mvila is happy to go back to Rubin kazan & sit for 6 months.

I'm certain other clubs will be prepared to pay ONLY £5m for him

Yes I say ONLY because in the grand scheme of world football finances at this moment it's NOWT

To safc it might be, but to others it's fuck all.
If he goes back he goes into their feeder team. He's been told that.

Ludicrous in my opinion playing hard ball.

Lets not pretend we have a crack team of gifted negotiators either.

Going into a season with kirchoff ( good player but lasts about an hour) cattermole and rodwell really is as bad as it seems cosidering one of them wouldnt cut the mustard in league 1

Depends how we line up though. It could quite easily be Kirchhoff, Catts and Khazri ahead or even Larsson, Rodwell or N'zogbia involved. Then Borini/Watmore/Lens and Defoe or one or two other players, given we won't go into the new season without any new players. Whilst not ideal and not what many would like it's also not as bad as is currently being painted on here.

In the past we have wasted a lot of money, he wants to come here so why should we give his club what they want.

We have the cards this time, all those saying we should just give them £5m WHY?? That is £5m from another transfer.

Yes, we may have to wait but tough, I'd rather we have a club who are sensible. And if you think I am wrong ask yourself this . . .

Have faith, we have a better team spirit now than we have for many many years and we have some seriously good players too. We are short in certain spaces - that's why we may need that £5m.

Agree. I think Sunderland are generally seen as a soft club - a club that's easy to trick into paying a bit over the odds. A well-deserved reputation after a few catastrophic windows. Good that we are trying to rectify this.

I don't believe for a second there hasn't been other clubs shown an interest in him so I think it's great that he's held on so long, and through all the Allardyce uncertainty and still clearly wants to play for us.
But, he's a professional footballer who will want to play football and I can't see him waiting forever

Like all professional footballers he will go where he is paid the most.

If we went shopping for another player of his calibre, what would it cost us? £15M minimum?

If the price is £5M then get it done now.

Absolute nonsense - it's only £5m - that's peanuts in this market.
Six months is too late, we need him (and all signings) in before the season starts.

That said, you haven't got a clue what's going on behind the scenes, so your thoughts are irrelevant really.

I'm sorry but I disagree.

We have wasted money on poor players, players like Rodwell. However, in M'Vila's case, he has already proven he is up to the task, he is a quality player and has done it for us last season. It will be extremely frustrating if over the sake of say £3-5m we lose out on a player of his calibre considering the amount of money we have wasted on absolute shit.

This signing should have been agreed at the end of last season and he should have spent all pre-season with the squad in preparation of the new season.

He hasn't had a pre-season and is completely unfit.

You have no idea the unfit part is true or not and he'll certainly not have been sitting on his arse. Besides the one thing he looked like he needed after his first season over here, January onwards was a good rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back