The club deserve praise in my eyes over M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Moyes even rate him ? If not then it won't be happening....

Yes - this needs its own thread because I said so.

In the past we have wasted a lot of money, he wants to come here so why should we give his club what they want.

We have the cards this time, all those saying we should just give them £5m WHY?? That is £5m from another transfer.

Yes, we may have to wait but tough, I'd rather we have a club who are sensible. And if you think I am wrong ask yourself this . . .

Would you pay £150k to buy a house that you could get for free in 6 months??

Have faith, we have a better team spirit now than we have for many many years and we have some seriously good players too. We are short in certain spaces - that's why we may need that £5m.
It's all relative, in a climate where City are paying 40 million for a bench warmer we shouldn't be thinking twice about forking out less money than we paid for Craig Gardener 5 years ago. Hopefully the powers that be at SAFC aren't willing to sit around waiting for things to be handed to them on a plate like you evidently are!

If I had the money available. If the house was better than the one I had and I really needed to move. If I thought the new house would almost certainly sell in that six month period, then yes I would pay the money.

Exactly, if you had the money available. That money might be needed to pay your bills, pay for your kids wedding or prom. Or possibly buy another caravan to add to your property portfolio. The business side of your brain would not allow you to blow money on something which would probably be yours for free anyway.

If we miss out it would be because he has changed his mind. Players hold all the cards now, he wants to come. If he changes his mind we move on.

In the past we have wasted a lot of money, he wants to come here so why should we give his club what they want.

We have the cards this time, all those saying we should just give them £5m WHY?? That is £5m from another transfer.

Yes, we may have to wait but tough, I'd rather we have a club who are sensible. And if you think I am wrong ask yourself this . . .

Have faith, we have a better team spirit now than we have for many many years and we have some seriously good players too. We are short in certain spaces - that's why we may need that £5m.
you said we held all the cards?

Does Moyes even rate him ? If not then it won't be happening....
That has nothing to do with it, it's the people on this board who decide who should be bought.Didn't you notice that?
You are quite right Moyes may not fancy him

Ability wise, and in today's inflated market he's a £20m player IMO. I'm with many others on here, if we're messing around over a few million and we don't get him then I'll be very disappointed. He's a cracking CM and improves our starting XI immediately.

He needs to be here from game 1. It would be idiotic to wait until January IMO (not saying that's what the club are doing mind). Our CM has been well below PL standard for a long time. Imagine going into the season with Kirchoff (great player but question marks over his fitness), Cattermole, Larsson, Rodwell and Gomez as our options. *shudders*
That's a decent set of options for two sitting positions tbh. Plus if we did have to wait till January for big Yann then we'd inevitably bring in a loan to tide us over.

If we have managed to get him to agree a contract - and most of the chatter suggests we have - then our only sensible play is to sit and wait. Rubin will cave.

Is it £5m they want? Russians may be taking the piss......

If it is looks small beer in the current climate, 6 months or not.......we need a settled start not more panic in January, am sure Basher Bains has it under control.......

Quite the reverse. I assume thst our former DoF negotiated a deal on behalf of the club. We are now trying to renegotiate. Not good at all

Is it £5m they want? Russians may be taking the piss......

If it is looks small beer in the current climate, 6 months or not.......we need a settled start not more panic in January, am sure Basher Bains has it under control.......
What happens if someone else comes in for him at that price and then we are forced to pay more for him and an auction starts, bite the bullet pay the money and get him in, he's a no risk signing for the same price as we paid for Danny Graham ffs!

I think it depends on whether the vendor has other buyers in mind.

If I was at risk of losing my dream home altogether, then damned right is buy it. It is the perfect fit. I know more or less every nook and cranny. My friends like it, as if it were their own and I'm unlikely to get better for the same sort of price.

I've paid twice that, in the past, for a house of straw: one that more or less falls down every time you blow on it. At least with this property, I know exactly what I'm getting. I know it's foundations are solid enough to be able to build around it.

It's not quite binary.

If we get him on the cheap - massively well played
If we don't because we quibbled over a few quid - shit
If we can't get the deal we think he is worth, and we spend it better elsewhere - fine again

We haven't got anyone in yet, so they deserve no praise whatsoever yet.

Exactly, if you had the money available. That money might be needed to pay your bills, pay for your kids wedding or prom. Or possibly buy another caravan to add to your property portfolio. The business side of your brain would not allow you to blow money on something which would probably be yours for free anyway.
The " probably yours for free " part is a big assumption. so I'm going to assume I have the money readily available, I would make the purchase as I'm certain the improvement to my portfolio would be better than taking the risk of having someone else buy it out from under my feet and thereby profit from it at my expense.

That's a decent set of options for two sitting positions tbh. Plus if we did have to wait till January for big Yann then we'd inevitably bring in a loan to tide us over.

If we have managed to get him to agree a contract - and most of the chatter suggests we have - then our only sensible play is to sit and wait. Rubin will cave.
It's a decent set of options for a team battling relegation. I'm not interested in battling relegation again this season though. For far too long we've had poor options in CM. Gardner, Vaughan, N'Diaye, Catts, Larsson, Bridcutt. If we never improve on this calibre of CM we'll never get anywhere. These players are all decent enough and can do a job to a certain extent, it's when our CM in its entirety is made up of a variation of those you realise how lacking we are. I'd much rather we started signing upgrades like M'Vila.

Until we get trumped and are made to look like spanners.
Our midfield is rubbish as it stands. Kirchhoff and Cattermole, maybe Larsson, are the only good ones we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back