Sunderland AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm probably more experienced in certain fields than some of the f**kers working there. I also have personal friends who'd tie them in knots at running certain types of businesses.

You in a nutshell. Billy f***ing big bollocks. You say fuck all numerous others don't / haven't man, you just say it repeatedly.

I hope we do sign him for your sake, I can see you taking hostages at the SoL if not.

That's not strictly true.
Unlike others i'm not afraid to say if i think they're making a complete f**king hash of something. I don't tow the party line for the sake of it. I'm probably more experienced in certain fields than some of the f**kers working there. I also have personal friends who'd tie them in knots at running certain types of businesses.

I've slated them for actually believing they could clutch 14 bargains from under the noses of foreign professional coaches and scouts. F**king laughable in my eyes and i said so before a ball was kicked. I'd actually be happier if they knew they couldn't but lied to the fans because the other alternative is they believed it themselves. The latter would concern me more.
I slated them for the Cup Final ticket fiasco because that's exactly what it was, a f**king fiasco and a PR disaster.
I didn't even go in too hard on the Ki registration scandal as it was maybe a grey area.
I didn't go in all that hard when Colback actually left, the damage was done 18 months earlier. I did go in hard on the f**king idioot who gave him a contract that ended just outside the compensation date, that is f**king unforgivable. Basic asset control.

Anyway, let's hope Borini signs in the next day or so.

Colback is average...I swear.

You in a nutshell. Billy f***ing big bollocks. You say fuck all numerous others don't / haven't man, you just say it repeatedly.

I hope we do sign him for your sake, I can see you taking hostages at the SoL if not.

Why wouldn't there be people in a crowd of 40,000 that know a bit about sport or managing businesses? It'd be more of a surprise if there wasn't. I know for a fact there's successful people who sit in with regular fans, not the corporates etc.
There's plenty of people in the crowd with life experience, that's why i doubt my opinions are unique.

Out of interest what actual qualifications have the people running the club got to run a football club??

Why wouldn't there be people in a crowd of 40,000 that know a bit about sport or managing businesses? It'd be more of a surprise if there wasn't. I know for a fact there's successful people who sit in with regular fans, not the corporates etc.
There's plenty of people in the crowd with life experience, that's why i doubt my opinions are unique.

Out of interest what actual qualifications have the people running the club got to run a football club??

You tell me, you seem to have all the answers.

First off, the owner is a self made f***ing billionaire so I'm quite sure he knows how to run a business. Are you or your mates billionaires?

I run 2 successful businesses, my mrs runs another but that doesn't qualify me to run a professional premier league football club does it?

I wouldn't know wtf to start first. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't either.

I've said on numerous occasions you
talk a lot of sense, all you are doing though us repeating the same over and over. Now it's just attacks on the club regardless wtf they do, most people don't even fking bother replying to you anymore man...

Who exactly do you have beef with at the club? Who is not doing the job to the standard you think they should be?

First off, the owner is a self made f***ing billionaire so I'm quite sure he knows how to run a business. Are you or your mates billionaires?

I run 2 successful businesses, my mrs runs another but that doesn't qualify me to run a professional premier league football club does it?

talk a lot of sense, all you are doing though us repeating the same over and over. Now it's just attacks on the club regardless wtf they do, most people don't even fking bother replying to you anymore man...

Who exactly do you have beef with at the club? Who is not doing the job to the standard you think they should be?

Nail on head mate.......so why does trading distressed debt qualify Mr Short to run a PL club?

Who exactly do you have beef with at the club? Who is not doing the job to the standard you think they should bs?

There are many ways to become a billionaire, some of which would help to run a major football club, others not in the slightest. It is possible to delegate to people experienced at running a football club though. Unfortunately none of the others have significant experience either. I'm not even sure they have experience in running any major sports club, never mind football.
Then you've got Ellis who makes Howard f**king Hughes appear outgoing. None of the others have any public charisma whatsoever and hide in their shells. We might as well fill the boardroom up with f**king snails.

I know how sports clubs operate, ive had enough close seasons with all the associated comings and goings alongside pre-season. Just like our lot everyone is well aware what is needed before the curtain raises. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Remember this word "Deadlines".
No doubts some players will drop into our laps somewhere down the line so don't be surprised if the next line is "they need time to gel". This is the time to f**king gel, now. Not two months into the f**king season.

I think the PR and interface with supporters is as close to none existent as any club ive ever seen, seriously it's like a wall of silence. With regards to signings we seem to be out of the football "loop".

Anyway, let the f**kers get on with it.

Nail on head mate.......so why does trading distressed debt qualify Mr Short to run a PL club?

Show me where I said it does marra? I said he's a successful businessman, he is. I'm not sitting here acting like I could, Piston is. I'm not saying me and my mates know more about business than some of 'them' whoever the fuck 'them' even are.

How many owners of clubs in the world have football qualifications?

He still hasn't named the people he thinks are doing a piss poor job.

There are many ways to become a billionaire, some of which would help to run a major football club, others not in the slightest. It is possible to delegate to people experienced at running a football club though. Unfortunately none of the others have significant experience either. I'm not even sure they have experience in running any major sports club, never mind football.
Then you've got Ellis who makes Howard f**king Hughes appear outgoing. None of the others have any public charisma whatsoever and hide in their shells. We might as well fill the boardroom up with f**king snails.

I know how sports clubs operate, ive had enough close seasons with all the associated comings and goings alongside pre-season. Just like our lot everyone is well aware what is needed before the curtain raises. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Remember this word "Deadlines".
No doubts some players will drop into our laps somewhere down the line so don't be surprised if the next line is "they need time to gel". This is the time to f**king gel, now. Not two months into the f**king season.

I think the PR and interface with supporters is as close to none existent as any club ive ever seen, seriously it's like a wall of silence. With regards to signings we seem to be out of the football "loop".

Anyway, let the f**kers get on with it.

So who are these people? You still haven't named one.

How many other owners in world football have experience of running football clubs before they buy one?

The club's website show more interviews with staff now, than ever before.
We've already made 3 signings, have a bid accepted on another and a highly rated young on trial.
All 3 of our new signings have said Poyet's approach is a big reason they decided to come to the club. What more do you want?

You can't really get a qualification in 'football club management' as far as I'm aware. The reason clubs like Manchester City, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc are successful is not necessarily because they are better at running football clubs, but because they invest a greater sum of money. The people running SAFC are competent in running a business as they fulfil their aim (to generate revenue); they answer to the shareholders and not the fans.

Show me where I said it does marra? I said he's a successful businessman, he is. I'm not sitting here acting like I could, Piston is. I'm not saying me and my mates know more about business than some of 'them' whoever the fuck 'them' even are.

How many owners of clubs in the world have football qualifications?

He still hasn't named the people he thinks are doing a piss poor job.

So who are these people? You still haven't named one.

How many other owners in world football have experience of running football clubs before they buy one?

I haven't claimed i could do it tremendously well but that doesn't mean the people in those roles are doing it well either. I'm fairly confident i wouldn't make some of the glaring errors they have though but maybe i would fail in other areas.
For example, if you had to hand out thousands of tickets to different people would you put them in a huge unsorted mass of envelopes where every single one has to be checked to find the right person. That's got f**k all to do with running a football club but i wouldn't expect a f**king imbecile to do it.

I think the management as a whole aren't doing a very good job.
Let's focus on the Academy of Light. What is it, two f**king players who've made the first team in how many years? The facilities are top notch for player development, way higher than previous generations.
In any other walk of life, as a professional or a manager, if you produced similar results you'd have been sacked long ago. You wouldn't even get an opportunity to explain, you'd be fired.

Anyway, there's still plenty of time. Stop your bed wetting.;)
Ive got to go out for a while.

I haven't claimed i could do it tremendously well but that doesn't mean the people in those roles are doing it well either. I'm fairly confident i wouldn't make some of the glaring errors they have though but maybe i would fail in other areas.
For example, if you had to hand out thousands of tickets to different people would you put them in a huge unsorted mass of envelopes where every single one has to be checked to find the right person. That's got f**k all to do with running a football club but i wouldn't expect a f**king imbecile to do it.

I think the management as a whole aren't doing a very good job.
Let's focus on the Academy of Light. What is it, two f**king players who've made the first team in how many years? The facilities are top notch for player development, way higher than previous generations.
In any other walk of life, as a professional or a manager, if you produced similar results you'd have been sacked long ago. You wouldn't even get an opportunity to explain, you'd be fired.

Anyway, there's still plenty of time. Stop your bed wetting.;)
Ive got to go out for a while.

So now it's just the management in general, because you couldn't name one f***ing person specifically could you. I understand your annoyed we haven't signed x amount of players but, to just label them all poor is bollocks.

Is our academy any worse than most others? How many have come through at Newcastle? Liverpool? etc etc. Maybe it's a few I dunno, I ain't seen teams full of youths brought through though.

We are one of the top 20 clubs in the uk, yet we are being ran in to the ground according to you.

And fwiw I'm one of a tiny few not bed wetting about anything. Not about Borini, not about Colback and f***ing certainly not about people behind the scenes that I have no idea what roles they even do.

Enjoy your night.

You can't really get a qualification in 'football club management' as far as I'm aware. The reason clubs like Manchester City, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc are successful is not necessarily because they are better at running football clubs, but because they invest a greater sum of money. The people running SAFC are competent in running a business as they fulfil their aim (to generate revenue); they answer to the shareholders and not the fans.

Listening to Piston you'd think we were skint and in the Evo stick league.

He's had an agenda since they fucked up with Colbacks contract. He'll just not admit it. Everyone knows that's the case though....

Listening to Piston you'd think we were skint and in the Evo stick league.

He's had an agenda since they fucked up with Colbacks contract. He'll just not admit it. Everyone knows that's the case though....
I think some people just want us to buy every single player that anyone else is linked to and if we are priced out suddenly 'Sunderland's owners are incompetent'. Also can't understand why he thinks 'public charisma' is of such huge importance, I can't think of many successful owners of football clubs with this characteristic...

I think some people just want us to buy every single player that anyone else is linked to and if we are priced out suddenly 'Sunderland's owners are incompetent'. Also can't understand why he thinks 'public charisma' is of such huge importance, I can't think of many successful owners of football clubs with this characteristic...

Me either, we've been down that route with Quinn and he even gets stick from some on here.

Very few owners will have experience of owning a football club before they buy one.

Did Chelsea have charismatic figures behind the scenes? No they just had a shit load of fking money. Abramovich is the most boring f***ing blokes in football ffs :lol:

These threads remind me why I should just sit back and say fuck all during pre season tbh.

That said, he seems a canny enough bloke and you can argue without it becoming personal so fair play.

Me either, we've been down that route with Quinn and he even gets stick from some on here.

Very few owners will have experience of owning a football club before they buy one.

Did Chelsea have charismatic figures behind the scenes? No they just had a shit load of fking money. Abramovich is the most boring f***ing blokes in football ffs :lol:

These threads remind me why I should just sit back and say fuck all during pre season tbh.

That said, he seems a canny enough bloke and you can argue without it becoming personal so fair play.
Fair enough, I think sometimes there's a lot of frustration because we don't have a say in proceedings, supporters are emotionally involved whilst those running the club are pragmatic

Tbf chelsea did have Peter Kenyon. I'm not really a fan of Byrne a few too many cock ups recently on her watch.

Peter Kenyon was charismatic? Not imo mate. For arguments sake lets say he is. That's one, could we name many more?

The biggest issue and the one thing that can just about guarantee players brought to the club swiftly is money.

Players join Arsenal because of money, location and then Wenger. I'm not sure they could name anyone else behind the scenes other than Arsene.

I don't think players sign for Liverpool because Kenny Daglish is an ambassador..

I have no idea what Byrne has or has not done, I can't comment.

Anyway I'm gonna join Piston and get out for a bit. Enjoy your night chaps.

He's not wrong tbf

What does Maggie f***ing Byrne really know about running a football club?

As I recall, some of the pro-PDC element on here were telling us she was a top lawyer when she had barely qualified.

She seems to be singularly bleak.

That's not strictly true.
Unlike others i'm not afraid to say if i think they're making a complete f**king hash of something. I don't tow the party line for the sake of it. I'm probably more experienced in certain fields than some of the f**kers working there. I also have personal friends who'd tie them in knots at running certain types of businesses.

I've slated them for actually believing they could clutch 14 bargains from under the noses of foreign professional coaches and scouts. F**king laughable in my eyes and i said so before a ball was kicked. I'd actually be happier if they knew they couldn't but lied to the fans because the other alternative is they believed it themselves. The latter would concern me more.
I slated them for the Cup Final ticket fiasco because that's exactly what it was, a f**king fiasco and a PR disaster.
I didn't even go in too hard on the Ki registration scandal as it was maybe a grey area.
I didn't go in all that hard when Colback actually left, the damage was done 18 months earlier. I did go in hard on the f**king idioot who gave him a contract that ended just outside the compensation date, that is f**king unforgivable. Basic asset control.

Anyway, let's hope Borini signs in the next day or so.

And then there was the wholewonderful Di Fatti experience making us a laughing stock.

This

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back