Pulis.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be in serious hot water. If it emerges that he is implicated in this rather unsavory Cardiff city team leaking business he can kiss goodbye to manager of the year and could face sanctions, perhaps even a points deduction

Still can't believe there are people in your ranks here that think he couldn't have done that job at your place. I'm guessing it's people who know they are so wrong about him trying to justfy it inside themselves.

If you had Pulis you would still be in the league next year.

For those saying it is boring football. Compare the last 22 games of both teams since Pulis took over at Palace.

16 points to their 33
4 wins to their 10
23 goals to their 20

You do the maths.
Aye, but look at the f***ing clip of him.

Could be in serious hot water. If it emerges that he is implicated in this rather unsavory Cardiff city team leaking business he can kiss goodbye to manager of the year and could face sanctions, perhaps even a points deduction

From the United Nations? :eek:

He would have kept us up, yes. But to be honest I'd rather be relegated than have to watch that type of football. I've enjoyed this season much more than anything under MON.

This for me. The blokes a wanker who plays dog shit football. I would be gutted if he was here rebuilding us. He would set us back years. Christ we are wanting the academy setup changed so they follow the 1st team setup. That sends a shiver down my spine if Pullis was in charge of that.

How many years will relegation set up back?

He would have kept us up, yes. But to be honest I'd rather be relegated than have to watch that type of football. I've enjoyed this season much more than anything under MON.
Agree to an extent. I don't think he would have been a good fit here, although there in an argument to say he's a bit of a modern day Peter Reid. I'm not sure he will turn palace into another stoke, certainly not from what I've seen if them this season

Still can't believe there are people in your ranks here that think he couldn't have done that job at your place. I'm guessing it's people who know they are so wrong about him trying to justfy it inside themselves.

If you had Pulis you would still be in the league next year.

For those saying it is boring football. Compare the last 22 games of both teams since Pulis took over at Palace.

16 points to their 33
4 wins to their 10
23 goals to their 20

You do the maths.

I think there's a lot of denial going on. Apparently Pulis keeping us up would set us back years, whereas going down under Poyet will, err, well your guess is as good as mine.

Apparently we are going to rebuild the side with hungry young players and turn into the ultimate football team. When we eventually get back up, we won't have to battle and scrap for results, we'll just pass the top teams off the park with our total football. Mind, I'm not sure why every relegated team doesn't follow this plan.

When do you get released mate?

Last edited:
Only 2 managers have won at Goodison this season

Poyet and Pulis

Pulis been in the game a long time and NEVER been relegated

That doesn't mean he would have kept us up mind, but it's a good

mindset for the players to have.

People on here say Palace play shit football, wonder how many times

they have actually watched them?

He's done a fantastic job at Palace, but don't think he would have fared much, if any, better than Poyet has to be honest. The bunch of players we have aren't suited to the style of play that Pulis employs (although I'm not sure what style of play we would suit) and there are too many players who simply turn up when they can be arsed and that won't change no matter who the manager is.

He's done a fantastic job at Palace, but don't think he would have fared much, if any, better than Poyet has to be honest. The bunch of players we have aren't suited to the style of play that Pulis employs (although I'm not sure what style of play we would suit) and there are too many players who simply turn up when they can be arsed and that won't change no matter who the manager is.

Almost exactly what I was about to post. Would have been interesting to see how he'd cope with our slow, weakling midgets.

Who's to say this time next year we won't be top of the championship and Palace at the bottom of the prem?

No one. But one thing is for sure, we WILL be in the championship and Palace WILL be in the prem this time next year.

All ifs and buts really, but we could quite as easily be mid table in the championship and Palace could be mid table in the prem. In fact, I would say going on this seasons form, this is the more likely senario.

Don't get the negativity here re Pullis! The rubbish Sunderland have played for most of this season is obvious and it's dull to watch. And we certainly haven't been scoring goals. Pullis has done a magnificent job and it's simply jealousy and lies to suggest that we would prefer to go down having GP in charge rather than having him as a manager.

Anyone who thinks Sunderland will be a top 8 PL club playing magnificent football is deluded! We need to scrap for our lives, battle, work hard, and do the ugly things right. Instead we have tried to play our way out of trouble with a team not capable of doing that.

I for one would have Pullis in charge and PL survival. Palace now have 40 points, have won the last 4 games and scored 3 on the road twice in that run. Compare that to our utter rubbish!

Reactions: WHD
Don't get the negativity here re Pullis! The rubbish Sunderland have played for most of this season is obvious and it's dull to watch. And we certainly haven't been scoring goals. Pullis has done a magnificent job and it's simply jealousy and lies to suggest that we would prefer to go down having GP in charge rather than having him as a manager.

Anyone who thinks Sunderland will be a top 8 PL club playing magnificent football is deluded! We need to scrap for our lives, battle, work hard, and do the ugly things right. Instead we have tried to play our way out of trouble with a team not capable of doing that.

I for one would have Pullis in charge and PL survival. Palace now have 40 points, have won the last 4 games and scored 3 on the road twice in that run. Compare that to our utter rubbish!
Yeah we get it - you'd rather have Pulis, Poccitino, Pardew, Fat Sam, Hughes, Moyes, Sherwood, Rogers, Mourinho, Pellegrino Martinez or Wenger managing us? Basically anyone who's safe? Big deal! Some of us think TP is an arsehole. He's not coming here anyway so why go on about it? :lol:

Think Pulis has done a great job at Palarse. I also think that under him we'd probably have stayed up.

However Pulis, much like "Big Sam", is an old fashioned manager playing desperate old fashioned football. Personally speaking I'd rather go down & see the club re-build in a more up to date football manner. I'm not saying that Poyet is the way forward, he may/may not be, but a short term fix of Pulis leaves me stone cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back