Pulis.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree with the top bit, not that he will and especially so if Liverpool win the league.

The second bit is irrelevant because he didn't, so, we won't ever know.

I agree with the top bit, not that he will and especially so if Liverpool win the league.

The second bit is irrelevant because he didn't, so, we won't ever know.
thats why i said i wonder...

regardless of who wins the title he is manager of the season for me. He has done an amazing job with a squad I'd say is worse than ours !

Wonder what would have happened if he had came here.
If I had not have packed in going last week, I would pack in again if he came

Kept them up and done a good job but those players they have now will be replaced with more expensive players to do exactly the same job, expectations rise, the football is dire, club sacks him, they get relegated, pundits and our Tone say it wouldn't have happened under him and so forth.

Stick that boorish arsehole at West Ham in and you get the same story.

Kept them up and done a good job but those players they have now will be replaced with more expensive players to do exactly the same job, expectations rise, the football is dire, club sacks him, they get relegated, pundits and our Tone say it wouldn't have happened under him and so forth.

And those expensive players will have just about no resale value at all when he's left, which is one if the Stokes fans biggest gripe. We've been there before and it's crippled us.

regardless of who wins the title he is manager of the season for me. He has done an amazing job with a squad I'd say is worse than ours !

He gets my vote.

If he had come here we would have survived IMO.

We would then have sacked him by Xmas 2014.

Appointed Gus in Jan 2015 and got relegated May 2015.

We just achieved the championship 12 months early

The merry-go-round continues to revolve regardless :D

Did Pulis ever bring a kid through the Stoke youth system to the first team?, I could be wrong but in his years there I can't recall any at all. Which is a massive gripe with our fans and we've had a couple come through.

This for me. The blokes a wanker who plays dog shit football. I would be gutted if he was here rebuilding us. He would set us back years. Christ we are wanting the academy setup changed so they follow the 1st team setup. That sends a shiver down my spine if Pullis was in charge of that.

Still can't believe there are people in your ranks here that think he couldn't have done that job at your place. I'm guessing it's people who know they are so wrong about him trying to justfy it inside themselves.

If you had Pulis you would still be in the league next year.

For those saying it is boring football. Compare the last 22 games of both teams since Pulis took over at Palace.

16 points to their 33
4 wins to their 10
23 goals to their 20

You do the maths.

They had the players already there for his style of play. We didn't.

[QUnearly "OakeyStokie, post: 17499561, member: 27774"]Still can't believe there are people in your ranks here that think he couldn't have done that job at your place. I'm guessing it's people who know they are so wrong about him trying to justfy it inside themselves.

For those saying it is boring football. Compare the last 22 games of both teams since Pulis took over at Palace.

16 points to their 33
4 wins to their 10
23 goals to their 20

You do the maths.[/QUOTE]
He nearly took you lot down and half your fans couldn't wait to get rid.

Manager of type season for getting a team out of relegation?
Come off it.
It will be Liverpool manager( if they win league) or Chelsea if they win league and perhaps cup.

Credit to him for getting palace out of the shit, the players he had there were already suited to his style of play. Doubt he would've had as much joy here with our players. He didn't want the job anyway.

Still can't believe there are people in your ranks here that think he couldn't have done that job at your place. I'm guessing it's people who know they are so wrong about him trying to justfy it inside themselves.

16 points to their 33
4 wins to their 10
23 goals to their 20

You do the maths.

Just came to say the exact same thing. I find the fact that some people say "not good enough for SAFC" utterly bizarre. The fact is that you'd be competitive in the Premiership next season. I'm not blind to his shortcomings (I was one that agreed it was for the best that we parted company last season) but bar the shite we had to endure last season, you can't deny his achievements.

16 points to their 33
4 wins to their 10
23 goals to their 20

You do the maths.

I was with you until the last bit.

Love Tony me. Said to me mate last night that he would stop Everton's CL push and that Jerome would end his drought. Should have put a bet on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back