Pulis.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't care who Pulis has or hasn't brought through the ranks. I don't care if he plays boring football. In his tenure as manager he has never been relegated. He may not be fashionable but he is a solid manager. Its laughable that fans of a team that has had more managers and relegation fights than most of late would criticize the credentials of a manager based on boring football. I doubt that many Palace fans were bored yesterday whilst beating Everton. The development of home grown players depends more on the infrastructure of the club than anything else. Its absurd to me that you would choose that argument. How many players has Mourinho brought through the ranks at Chelsea? Staying in the prem is the aim and Ive never been bored by that. What is boring is listening to the same old rubbish on here.

Your not forced to keep logging on to this site. If you don't like others opinions don't log-in. It's that simple.

Absurd, then you start comparing Pulis to Jose? :lol:

Pulis has probably spent as fking much as Jose, 3rd or 4th highest spenders in the league was it?

The club obviously care, or he'd be the manager.

Honestly mate, what do you think the chances are of this happening? And more importantly, if is does happen, what is the chance of it being a success?

We don't have the luxury of being able to rebuild (in the way you are implying) in the championship, and we will likely have to rely on loans and freebies and also have to scrap our way to promotion. Once this is eventually achieved, we will have to scrap for our lives to stay up. So it summary, it may take us a good few seasons to get back, and once there we will no further forward (and probably behind) where Palace will be next season.
And what do you think the chances are of Palace moving up the table the same way Stoke have done.? What is it, 6 seasons under Pulis, and now under Hughes they're heading for their best ever finish in the Premier League

I re-iterate. Pulis is a short term fix, not a long term solution

And what do you think the chances are of Palace moving up the table the same way Stoke have done.? What is it, 6 seasons under Pulis, and now under Hughes they're heading for their best ever finish in the Premier League

I re-iterate. Pulis is a short term fix, not a long term solution

Ah, but that's the thing, isn't it? Get Pulis to get you established, and then get another manager to move the club onto 'the next level'. One things for sure, Hughes would have never been able to get Stoke into a position for their best ever prem finish if it wasn't for the work that Pulis done previously.

Anyway, we needed at least a short term fix this season, nevermind a long term fix. Unfortunately, we got neither.

To me exciting football is winning football. We could 1-0 every game with the goal smacking off someones arse in the last minute. The type of football Swansea play, passing for the sake of passing bores the arse off me
We wouldn't do this under pulis

The bloke had done well, so according to SMB the bloke is a bell end. If he was from Sunderland and was doing well he would be an even bigger bell end

I would have hated him becoming our manager. Absolutely hated it. I'd prefer relegation to the third than watch us play "football" like that.
Serious question mate. Like what exactly? - do you watch Palace? - Have you watched them play at all - under Pulis have you watched them?

I think there's a load of assumption going on and the main assumption being we've been watching Brazil all season!
Pulis has done a fantastic job as make no mistake, Palace are (theoretically) no better than we are, and many would argue a whole lot worse.

Serious question mate. Like what exactly? - do you watch Palace? - Have you watched them play at all - under Pulis have you watched them?

I think there's a load of assumption going on and the main assumption being we've been watching Brazil all season!
Pulis has done a fantastic job as make no mistake, Palace are (theoretically) no better than we are, and many would argue a whole lot worse.
I watch palace as little as possible because they play stoke lite football. You just know what they'll ve playong like next season and the season after. Pulisball.

Anyone who says they would rather go down than have Pulis as manager is not a true Sunderland supporter and should not be taken seriously, it's as simple as that.

Bellends.

Anyone who says they would rather go down than have Pulis as manager is not a true Sunderland supporter and should not be taken seriously, it's as simple as that.

Bellends.

What if people are of the opinion that it might be okay to go down, so that we can regroup, shift the deadwood and come back in a better position with a manager who could be a real hit long term, not to mention is experienced in the Championship and has a good record down there? We've been bouncing from manager to manager and clinging on for years now, there's not much to suggest it would have been different had Pulis come in. O'Neill's reign actively persuaded some people to stop watching us, Pulis may well have done the same.

Of course I don't want to go down, but I'd rather do so with somebody like Poyet than Pulis.

Still can't believe there are people in your ranks here that think he couldn't have done that job at your place. I'm guessing it's people who know they are so wrong about him trying to justfy it inside themselves.

If you had Pulis you would still be in the league next year.

For those saying it is boring football. Compare the last 22 games of both teams since Pulis took over at Palace.

16 points to their 33
4 wins to their 10
23 goals to their 20

You do the maths.
why did you sack him then?

Bellends.

agree.

Last edited:
What if people are of the opinion that it might be okay to go down, so that we can regroup, shift the deadwood and come back in a better position with a manager who could be a real hit long term, not to mention is experienced in the Championship and has a good record down there? We've been bouncing from manager to manager and clinging on for years now, there's not much to suggest it would have been different had Pulis come in. O'Neill's reign actively persuaded some people to stop watching us, Pulis may well have done the same.

Of course I don't want to go down, but I'd rather do so with somebody like Poyet than Pulis.
I can't really expand anymore on what @WHD has already said on this thread, he has got it spot on. In my opinion our best chance of success means us being established in the Premier League and throwing away the slight progress we've made is more likely to set us back hugely than what you suggest happening.

All this talk of regrouping in the championship is just pie in the sky
By the time we get promoted again, we'll be in the market for players no better than the 'deadwood' we want rid of. Back to square one, but look on the bright side, we haven't got pulis as manager!
I can't really expand anymore on what @WHD has already said on this thread, he has got it spot on. In my opinion our best chance of success means us being established in the Premier League and throwing away the slight progress we've made is more likely to set us back hugely than what you suggest happening.

All this talk of regrouping in the championship is just pie in the sky
By the time we get promoted again, we'll be in the market for players no better than the 'deadwood' we want rid of. Back to square one, but look on the bright side, we haven't got pulis as manager!
It's f***ing crackers mate but then nowt surprises me with some of our fans.

We only need to look at our last 'rebuild' with little money, after relegation in 2003 to realise how stupid it is to want to be in that position. Mick Mccarthy 'rebuilt' our side with exactly the type of players people are suggesting on here. Players from the lower leagues eg Lawrence and Whitehead, bargain signings eg breen and players coming up through the ranks eg Kyle. And we all know how that team performed after promotion, we certainly didn't come back stronger.
It's f***ing crackers mate but then nowt surprises me with some of our fans.

We only need to look at our last 'rebuild' with little money, after relegation in 2003 to realise how stupid it is to want to be in that position. Mick Mccarthy 'rebuilt' our side with exactly the type of players people are suggesting on here. Players from the lower leagues eg Lawrence and Whitehead, bargain signings eg breen and players coming up through the ranks eg Kyle. And we all know how that team performed after promotion, we certainly didn't come back stronger.
I totally agree with everything you have said on this thread mate. Why we can't stay up and 'rebuild' in the Premier I will never know. I don't even want us to rebuild, I'm sick of 'rebuilding' and 'overhauling' I just want us to stop making bad decisions on who we buy and sell and start making good ones.

I can't decide if the people who are against Pulis and staying up and want us to go down are mags, terminally stupid or just embarrassed at how wrong they have got it.

Reactions: WHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back