Over rated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggest load of shite I keep on hearing, f***ing experience!!

Naive....just point out how many goalkeepers in premier league are this lads age. Its just not the same as an outfield player. He's going to be a great goalkeeper and is no where near our biggest problem. But the question was do you bring Vito back in when fit.i think yes for the reasons I explained

Naive....just point out how many goalkeepers in premier league are this lads age. Its just not the same as an outfield player. He's going to be a great goalkeeper and is no where near our biggest problem. But the question was do you bring Vito back in when fit.i think yes for the reasons I explained
He has played as many first team games as Vito already. Look at De Gea and Courtois, they were both younger than Pickford and they were first team regulars. End of the day the lad is good enough and is confident enough. I don't buy this experience bollocks mate sorry, especially with a goalkeeper like Vito who is very average at best.

Gets a lot of slack being a local lad. 2 recent goals sum this up - If Vito had dived so late v Stoke or not dived at all v West Ham he would have been slated on here. We are yet to win a game or keep a clean sheet under him.

Pickford has done really well considering, I feel sorry for the lad that he hasn't managed a clean sheet yet, apart from the one mistake that was his fault. I have been impressed by his attitude and was very worried about him playing behind that defence and how it would effect him, he could of easily went to bits by now. He is going to make mistakes, he needs to command his area a bit more but this (despite us leaking goals) would of done him the world of good.

Gets a lot of slack being a local lad. 2 recent goals sum this up - If Vito had dived so late v Stoke or not dived at all v West Ham he would have been slated on here.

Did initially think he should have done better for Stoke's 2nd but on the replay it looked as though his view was pretty much completely obstructed.

Other than Southampton the only other goal where I could really pick any fault with him is when West Brom scored up here.

He has played as many first team games as Vito already. Look at De Gea and Courtois, they were both younger than Pickford and they were first team regulars. End of the day the lad is good enough and is confident enough. I don't buy this experience bollocks mate sorry, especially with a goalkeeper like Vito who is very average at best.

Well if you think he's up there with those two there's no argument. I just think players with experience of getting us out of this mess are better suited to doing it again.

Loads of potential, distribution is good, good shot stopper, decent on crosses etc etc ...

I'd have Mannone back in though, because he is more experienced, our defence looks unorganised a lot of the time and I doubt having a relatively inexperienced young keeper in goal is helping matters...

Gets a lot of slack being a local lad. 2 recent goals sum this up - If Vito had dived so late v Stoke or not dived at all v West Ham he would have been slated on here. We are yet to win a game or keep a clean sheet under him.
He had nee chance with either. Stop talking shite

Well if you think he's up there with those two there's no argument. I just think players with experience of getting us out of this mess are better suited to doing it again.
Am not saying he is their level as I don't know how good they were at such a young age. However, I don't get what experience will bring when ability wise Vito is way behind Pickford now.

made one mistake in 8 games , overall been our best player , great shot stopper brave as a lion and excudes confidence add to that his distribution is the best , so guess I couldn't disagree more.

People genuinely expecting him to save that Stoke second goal or West Ham's goal must think we have one of the best keepers in the world in goal. Both went through a lot of bodies at a pretty decent speed, very little chance with either.

Loads of potential, distribution is good, good shot stopper, decent on crosses etc etc ...

I'd have Mannone back in though, because he is more experienced, our defence looks unorganised a lot of the time and I doubt having a relatively inexperienced young keeper in goal is helping matters...

Such a myth.

Wish we'd kept pants and left him out on loan in the championship another couple seasons. In the last few seasons I've felt most at ease with pants in goal as his ability to deal with crosses gave the centre backs so much added confidence. Wish it was mannone that Sam had sold instead

Pickford is a better keeper by a distance. Mannone has some spells where hes decent and some when he is awful. If Pickford had was 28 and had put in identical performances people wouldn't bat an eyelid. However if he had made a mistake like De Gea at the weekend it would have been his 'inexperience' and its because the premiership is 'no place for kids'. He plays well nearly every week, unlike our outfield players and doesn't look remotely flustered by the teams poor form.

Distribution is overrated. Class at the side volley but Shite on the floor

Pickford is a better keeper by a distance. Mannone has some spells where hes decent and some when he is awful. If Pickford had was 28 and had put in identical performances people wouldn't bat an eyelid. However if he had made a mistake like De Gea at the weekend it would have been his 'inexperience' and its because the premiership is 'no place for kids'. He plays well nearly every week, unlike our outfield players and doesn't look remotely flustered by the teams poor form.

To be fair to Mannone Pickford hasn't had the opportunity to prove himself over a number of games. Mannone was very good when he first broke into the team but didn't have the ability to maintain his consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back