Over rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pickford is dropped from here on in unless of a massive drop in form then I'd be just about done with this shower of shite of a club. Mannone has served us well but is nothing more than a backup. Pickford has already played more professional games than Vito in this country. It's time to put faith in our own.

Massive massive fan of Pickford, and I know its hard to drop him, but I'd get Mannone back in.

The only remote way we can get any respectability back this season is to sack Moyes and go back to the old guard of Vito, Cattermole, JOS, Larsson

Which is a sad sign of the shite we have signed this, fantastic servants for the club, even @The Exile is probably starting to realise this now.

Didn't read.

I'm not one that just slates our young players and I think Pickford will be a cracking keeper, but I'd bring Mannone back in. I think we look more confident as a unit with Vito back there and we seem to concede more with Pickford in goal, whether that's a coincidence or not I don't know.
We seem to concede more? Really. We'd be conceding the same amount if Lev Yashin in his pomp was in goal

Got to stick with Pickford as he's getting valuable experience all the time. That said, I feel Mannone gets the short end of the stick sometimes. You can guarantee if he was in goal on Saturday some would have been blaming him for the goal.
I agree, but we will sell him when he gains the experience, the idiots. Some one else will get the finished article while we suffer while he learns his trade.

Hmmm....i will be first to put head above parapet. i would put Vitos in for his experience for the rest of this season. Current predicament is no place for a rookie keeper...as good as he is going to be
Biggest load of shite I keep on hearing, f***ing experience!!

tin hat on but.....

Am I the only one who thinks Pickford is over rated?

I'd have Vito straight back in when fit.
No he isn't overrated, he's a top class keeper, who has kept the score line respectable in a lot of games this season

Got to stick with Pickford as he's getting valuable experience all the time. That said, I feel Mannone gets the short end of the stick sometimes. You can guarantee if he was in goal on Saturday some would have been blaming him for the goal.
Some idiots are blaming Pickford, there are some on here trying to blame Pickford for nearly every goal we concede

That's the problem...better defence and a better position in league you would let him grow in the first team. Does he need to be protected now before his confidence is effected ?
This confidence thing is rubbish, keepers don't lose confidence unless they are playing badly which he isn't

Massive massive fan of Pickford, and I know its hard to drop him, but I'd get Mannone back in.

The only remote way we can get any respectability back this season is to sack Moyes and go back to the old guard of Vito, Cattermole, JOS, Larsson

Which is a sad sign of the shite we have signed this, fantastic servants for the club, even @The Exile is probably starting to realise this now.
That's a load of rubbish, get respectability back by dropping our best player this season

He's young so will possibly be slightly inconsistent but he's 22 now I think so it's time for him to properly establish himself and he's only cost us 1 goal so far and has generally been superb. Not a lot you can do when our defence keep giving away free headers within 8-10 yards of our goal, keep switching off at corners and generally look disjointed at the best of times.

On small margins are careers made. If he'd kept the clean sheet against Southampton we might be out of the relegation zone and touting him for England nr 1. Or he may have sat back and rested on his laurels and looked worse. Who knows.

Also, djilobodji is probably the worst centre half we've had since mangane so that has to be figured in.

There has to be question marks in terms of a young goalkeeper sorting his defense and commanding hs area. One of a keepers man jobs is organizing, but there is no doubt he will become a top class keeper if he keeps progressing.

But too early to male hm no 1 I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back