Over rated

Status
Not open for further replies.

tin hat on but.....

Am I the only one who thinks Pickford is over rated?

I'd have Vito straight back in when fit.

Hmmm....i will be first to put head above parapet. i would put Vitos in for his experience for the rest of this season. Current predicament is no place for a rookie keeper...as good as he is going to be

Pickford's made one mistake hasn't he? That was in his first or second game. Done nothing to deserve being dropped.

one obvious mistake, yes. Still think there's been a couple less obvious cases where he could have saved it but didn't. Sure one of the goals vs Stoke was saveable.

Wasn't over impressed until the west ham game , he was excellent on crosses and didn't let himself get bullied and made some great saves , , mannone will struggle to get his place back .

Pickford's made one mistake hasn't he? That was in his first or second game. Done nothing to deserve being dropped.

Conceded 12 goals, cost us 2 points (and a win and the confidence that comes with that) with his mistake against Southampton, couldn't handle crosses into the box against Everton or Palace which cost us goals (and points). And thought he could have made a better effort on Saturday for their goal (from by replays from behind the goal it looks like he has a decent view of he shot but is expecting defenders to block it).

But that might be me being overly critical of the lad.

Got to stick with Pickford as he's getting valuable experience all the time. That said, I feel Mannone gets the short end of the stick sometimes. You can guarantee if he was in goal on Saturday some would have been blaming him for the goal.

Conceded 12 goals, cost us 2 points (and a win and the confidence that comes with that) with his mistake against Southampton, couldn't handle crosses into the box against Everton or Palace which cost us goals (and points). And thought he could have made a better effort on Saturday for their goal (from by replays from behind the goal it looks like he has a decent view of he shot but is expecting defenders to block it).

100% this. Even for the Everton and Palace goals. Seems if a lad is highly rated people can't wait to knock him and he's judged way to harshly.

Got to stick with Pickford as he's getting valuable experience all the time. That said, I feel Mannone gets the short end of the stick sometimes. You can guarantee if he was in goal on Saturday some would have been blaming him for the goal.
Some idiots.

Saying he could have made a better effort to save that one on Saturday is a little bit more than being overly critical. It went through about ten different bodies including a West Ham player standing over it on the edge of the six yard box, no keeper would have saved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back