Over rated

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's done really well I think. Thrown in with a rubbish defence

That's the problem...better defence and a better position in league you would let him grow in the first team. Does he need to be protected now before his confidence is effected ?

Looked a lot better over the last couple of games, if he can keep that form up he'll be first choice for as long as he's here.

Conceded 12 goals, cost us 2 points (and a win and the confidence that comes with that) with his mistake against Southampton, couldn't handle crosses into the box against Everton or Palace which cost us goals (and points). And thought he could have made a better effort on Saturday for their goal (from by replays from behind the goal it looks like he has a decent view of he shot but is expecting defenders to block it).

But that might be me being overly critical of the lad.
John 11:35

By no means the finished article. I would probably say Mannone is better but ironically a better asset for us to develop and potentially sell on.

Got to admit I judged him harshly to begin with but it's looking like it was just early nerves. He's been quality since bar one or two things he will grow out of. Can't help having those 10 players in front of him

He is a young lad who has massive potential but is prone to the odd error and tactical incorrect positioning not helped by a leaky defence who he will be wary to chastise and organise because of his age.
He will mature and be much better in three or four years time,but he won't be playing for Sunderland.
He could be damaged beyond measure if we don't get results pronto because his confidence will quickly ebb like the tide

I'm not one that just slates our young players and I think Pickford will be a cracking keeper, but I'd bring Mannone back in. I think we look more confident as a unit with Vito back there and we seem to concede more with Pickford in goal, whether that's a coincidence or not I don't know.

Massive massive fan of Pickford, and I know its hard to drop him, but I'd get Mannone back in.

The only remote way we can get any respectability back this season is to sack Moyes and go back to the old guard of Vito, Cattermole, JOS, Larsson

Which is a sad sign of the shite we have signed this, fantastic servants for the club, even @The Exile is probably starting to realise this now.

Cheeky twat I always speak the truth ;)

I was being cheeky but I completely agree with what you said. No idea why local lads get such a hard time, or if it is the same at other clubs. Pickford is being scrutinised by some in a way that other keepers, like Mannone, never is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back