Northumberland/Tyneside based SAFC fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Middle School in Corbridge, the QEHS in Hexham and there were a fair few who supported the lads then. This was back in the 1970s and 80s mind.

I've no doubt it's probably been mentioned on here before but are there many on here/ how wide scale is our following in Northumberland and Tyneside?

Since migrating to Ponteland I've seen a few red n white (no doubt there's more). I also know we have an appreciable following in Alnwick, Prudhoe and Corbridge but is this generally the case and are there other areas that are renowned for SAFC fan base?
Mag

Loads of us in Ashington. The Block and Tackle, Premier (Pronounced Prime-ear) and Searchers gets plenty of Sunderland fans. The latter two you may not want to go into if you are not from those parts.

[QUOTE="tynevalleyblackcat, post: 18530815, member: 1223
To be fair, you don't have to be a lass to have had an 'ex boyfriend'. These are enlightened times.;)[/QUOTE]

you maggie bastid :evil: if you can give it out you should be able to take it

Loads of us in Ellington/Ashington. We've got two buses for home games covering Amble, Hadston, Ellington, Ashington, Morpeth, Bedlington & a few places in between.
Off topic but I remember a lad called Neil from Amble way. Married a lass from sunderland (Elaine?) used to go away regular - ring any bells still getting away?

Geordies from Tyne and Wear and Northumberland make up at least half of all match going Sunderland supporters.
Actually it's only 37.8% yackers from Durham and beyond make up approx 56.4% the rest is split between Washington and townies.

My dad of 74 is Sunderland daft, born in Bedlington and now living in Wideopen - he's even painted his front door red with a white letter box. Our family don't have any connection with the City of Sunderland, dad just said when he was a kid he used to go to St James one week and Roker the next - said he fell in love with Sunderland as he got older and it stuck.
Where abouts in Wideopen mate? Was brought up in Brunswick Green and knew a few red and whites back then.

Now Whitley Bay and Tynemouth before that. When I moved to whitley I was talking to my new neighbour when I moved in and was asking if I was off the match at the weekend (trying to suss me out I guess) and told him we were and I Sunderland, turns out he was too and was over the moon.

Fella 3 doors up is too. Didn't know until the PDC 3-0 the next day after I had sobered the missus told me wephen I was at the match she heard them listening to it in the garden and going berserk when we scored :lol:

So aye, I reckon there are plenty of us about.

Off topic but I remember a lad called Neil from Amble way. Married a lass from sunderland (Elaine?) used to go away regular - ring any bells still getting away?

We've got a Neil on our bus. Don't think he's got any ties to Amble though. Neil P?

Cannot remember his surname. Going back 20 year ish so would make him mid40s-50. Just remember the Akashi grin and Amble lads from back in the day.

Loads of us in Ashington. The Block and Tackle, Premier (Pronounced Prime-ear) and Searchers gets plenty of Sunderland fans. The latter two you may not want to go into if you are not from those parts.
We have flown the flag in there for years. Full of plastic mags who only ever watch them on TV and can't understand the concept of us travelling to Sunderland to watch our team.

Travelled to Safc from Ashington / Morpeth since the mid 70's, always has been a decent following from the south east corner of Northumberland. Colours can be worn around the various towns . Ashington pub - Block and Tackle has good numbers of red and whites and the banter is decent with the black and white followers in there.

As the username suggests I'm from Cramlington. My Dad was born
and bred in Harton, Shields and my first ever game was at Roker Park. Fell in love with SAFC ever since.

I attend with a pal @Northern from Cramlington and there's a fair few of us drink in the Brockwell Seam including the manager porky.
I am sure the manager is called Davey and is not as porky as he used to be!

Travelled to Safc from Ashington / Morpeth since the mid 70's, always has been a decent following from the south east corner of Northumberland. Colours can be worn around the various towns . Ashington pub - Block and Tackle has good numbers of red and whites and the banter is decent with the black and white followers in there.
That's us man we in after match ! We've kept the mags in there in their place for years. Used to be a bus load of us called the Memphis Belle

That's us man we in after match ! We've kept the mags in there in their place for years. Used to be a bus load of us called the Memphis Belle
Ain't seen the Memphis Belle for a while ( nice artwork !) always used to pass you guys on the a19, chatted to a few lads briefly in the Block on Sunday after the match, good banter and solid support always on show.

Ain't seen the Memphis Belle for a while ( nice artwork !) always used to pass you guys on the a19, chatted to a few lads briefly in the Block on Sunday after the match, good banter and solid support always on show.
The Belle is no more I'm afraid. Too many of the crew don't go to the match any more ! The old banger took us to many matches all home and many away. The Block has been extremely empty after the last 3 derbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back