Jozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatever happens keep your head up fella.
Far from an ideal scenario today but given the choice i'd much rather you miss a chance like that than never get one in the first place. These things happen.
Good players miss easy chances, bad players never get easy chances to miss.

Just make sure you contribute as much as you possibly can in open play and hopefully the break will come.
Stay positive with maximum effort.

Strikers are paid precisely because they are expected to put away chances that others might be forgiven for. When one misses a chance like that and you preach 'no matter...it happens' I think you miss the point of him being paid in his role, especially as this is not nearly the first time he has amazed us at being a professional footballer, let alone an international. Genuinely, I reckon the wrong Milton Nunez could have scored more goals than him given the time he's played for us.

how do you still excuse him?

Here you go...on eternal replay.

Last edited:
tricky chance today wouldn't fault him too much.

i probably would have knocked it in myself mind.

I hope he fucks off and never kicks a ball for us again if I'm being honest. He's absolutely abysmal at everything.
:) hard to disagree with that tbh.

He wasn't terrible in open play today. He made quite a few good link up passes and moves.
Shocking miss but i'll repeat, he managed to get himself wide open in a danger area. He snatched at the chance.

I'll go with the law of averages as i always do, he won't continually miss those chances if he gets himself open.

Let's see Rodwell get himself on the pitch before we pass comment.

Did he though ?????

More likely West Ham sussed him early and he didn't warrant marking. :neutral:

I think we'd all love Jozy to turn it around but he's killing us with zero threat up front. Fletcher has to start and Wickham should be understudy full stop.

Try and stay positive.
When the chances completely dry up, that's the time to down hearted.

Complete bollocks. I for one am down hearted NOW and big time at that.

"When the chances completely dry up" could be too late. This was a golden chance for us to get the 3 points and because of our useless plank we end up with 1 point.

These missed 2 points could end in relegation as you have to make hay while the sun shines. You are way too complacent !!

Strikers are paid precisely because they are expected to put away chances that others might be forgiven for. When one misses a chance like that and you preach 'no matter...it happens' I think you miss the point of him being paid in his role, especially as this is not nearly the first time he has amazed us at being a professional footballer, let alone an international. Genuinely, I reckon the wrong Milton Nunez could have scored more goals than him given the time he's played for us.

how do you still excuse him?

Here you go...on eternal replay.

Bloody hell, so he did exactly the same v. WBA as well:eek: Well, at least he's consistent ;)

Try and stay positive.

"When the chances completely dry up, that's the time to down hearted."

Complete bollocks. I for one am down hearted NOW and big time at that.

"When the chances completely dry up" could be too late. This was a golden chance for us to get the 3 points and because of our useless plank we end up with 1 point.

These missed 2 points could end in relegation as you have to make hay while the sun shines. You are way too complacent !!

Whatever happens keep your head up fella.
Far from an ideal scenario today but given the choice i'd much rather you miss a chance like that than never get one in the first place. These things happen.
Good players miss easy chances, bad players never get easy chances to miss.

Just make sure you contribute as much as you possibly can in open play and hopefully the break will come.
Stay positive with maximum effort.

Glass half full; very commendable.
However; the sad fact is that Jozy simply hasn't got what it takes, and unless he embarks on a Wickham-esque scoring sequence he has no future at SAFC.
Hopefully his replacement has already been lined up.

Try and stay positive.
You're right of course. Most positive me. Perhaps you should tell Jozy though as I'm no body language expert but he looked a broken man walking off at HT.

One word:

"ENOUGH !!!!!!"

Glass half full; very commendable.
However; the sad fact is that Jozy simply hasn't got what it takes, and unless he embarks on a Wickham-esque scoring sequence he has no future at SAFC.
Hopefully his replacement has already been lined up.

Fook off man !! He's irreplaceable :lol::lol:

You're right of course. Most positive me. Perhaps you should tell Jozy though as I'm no body language expert but he looked a broken man walking off at HT.

If he comes on here the OP was aimed at Jozy. You're right, he looked f**king devastated at HT.

He must hang in there, stay positive and work hard. Things can turn around very quickly when luck finally changes from bad to good.

I would joke and say he needs one to bounce in off his arse but even that one missed the f**king target!!:)
I'd love to see him get the winner against newcastle.

He should fuck of and never be seen again
Sunderland fans are bad enough celebrating mediocrity but Altidore is way below even that.

This!

He may be a genuinely nice bloke and people want to see good people do well, especially in our shirt. However, the fact of the matter is, that the crowd's expectations of him are so low they applaud the odd flick on and wax lyrical when he traps a simple pass.

Personally, I hope he is moved on in January and we put this whole disaster behind us, the lad is simply not Prem standard.

If he comes on here the OP was aimed at Jozy. You're right, he looked f**king devastated at HT.

He must hang in there, stay positive and work hard. Things can turn around very quickly when luck finally changes from bad to good.

I would joke and say he needs one to bounce in off his arse but even that one missed the f**king target!!:)
I'd love to see him get the winner against newcastle.
As would we all marra. On a really positive note - did you see Catts consoling and lift him at HT when they were leaving pitch near tunnel? Seb did the same as the teams came back on second half. Our support for the fella is amazing at all levels.....now them lot up the road....

As would we all marra. On a really positive note - did you see Catts consoling and lift him at HT when they were leaving pitch near tunnel? Seb did the same as the teams came back on second half. Our support for the fella is amazing at all levels.....now them lot up the road....

Our team spirit looks great. One of the main positives of the season. You can easily pick faults with certain individuals but we are without doubt a team.

Understandable frustration.

I'd love Jozy to be our hero next week. It'd make my f**king christmas to see Altidore carried off the pitch shoulder high.
I can't think of a better present.
HoW about him being sold to the mags in the January window

Our team spirit looks great. One of the main positives of the season. You can easily pick faults with certain individuals but we are without doubt a team.

2 points off the drop zone & 2 wins in 16. Not a very good team, but a team nonetheless

When you're a striker the prime ability you need to have is to be able to score goals, Jozy plays as a striker and doesn't score goals.
We're a f***ing laughing stock with this bloke in the side... and we're wondering why we are drawing games ffs.
I thought Gus's post match interview was laughable when he said they can't do any more.
Not good enough.

Just need to turn it into a winning and/or good team eh? ;)

I said before the season started and the transfer window closed we were one decisive player (£10million plus by normal market standard) away from having the slightest edge over the bottom 10 to 14 teams.
I wish i was wrong but my assessment was spot on, almost to the letter. We just can't quite get past them, as they can't us.

The problem now is all teams will improve slightly in january so one player probably won't be enough this time, so it could take two.
Ellis always seems to be one player behind improvement. Everything seems to be re-active, not pro-active.

We're chasing after improvement, not running ahead of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back