Jozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look at the Cardiff chance last season when it came back off the post for one. On face value it looked like a tap in, to a Lineker it would've been, but there was adjustment required.
Today was another where slight adjustment was necessary.
He never seems to get a truly straight forward tap in to build his confidence.

He also missed one when the keeper saved it ;)

Logon or register to see this image

He also missed one when the keeper saved it ;)

Logon or register to see this image

Apologies, you're correct. I thought the post was involved with him hitting it.
If you look at the way the ball arrived at him and the speed it arrived i don't think it was quite so clear cut as people make out. It sort of spun up just on the half volley.
In my opinion Jozy's tap-ins are frustratingly never quite tap-ins when you watch them back.

If you look at the way the ball arrived at him and the speed it arrived i don't think it was quite so clear cut as people make out. It sort of spun up just on the half volley.
In my opinion Jozy's tap-ins are frustratingly never quite tap-ins when you watch them back.
He just throws his body at it and hopes for the best :lol:

Just watched the gif on the other post and ref. the post above re never tap ins
Never taps ins cos his anticipation is very poor
He always looks as though he is on heels and never ready to pounce
He is a manufactured footballer much like frank Bruno was a manufactured boxer

No apology required as I knew what you meant and the post probably would score if it was in Jozy's position :lol:. Aye some of his chances haven't been simple tap-ins like some on SMB are trying to make out. They've been decent chances but it's just he's not a top class striker who can react to chances he's had whereas some strikers would. If you haven't seen it, watch what Giroud did today for example as there's no way Jozy would do summit like that.

Just watched the gif on the other post and ref. the post above re never tap ins
Never taps ins cos his anticipation is very poor
He always looks as though he is on heels and never ready to pounce
He is a manufactured footballer much like frank Bruno was a manufactured boxer

This is true. That's why i specifically said he's no Lineker or SKP, very few are.
I'll say again though, if you watch some of his sitters closely there's often a slight complication. He isn't the only player who'd miss some of these "sitters".

This is true. That's why i specifically said he's no Lineker or SKP, very few are.
I'll say again though, if you watch some of his sitters closely there's often a slight complication. He isn't the only player who'd miss some of these "sitters".

Is he your secret love child that you have not told us about ? The way you keep making excuses for him is really weird.

My grandmother could have scored that open goal chance. Just look at the way Ki and Borini hold their heads in their hands. It tells you everything about Jozy's finishing.

Whatever happens keep your head up fella.
Far from an ideal scenario today but given the choice i'd much rather you miss a chance like that than never get one in the first place. These things happen.
Good players miss easy chances, bad players never get easy chances to miss.

Just make sure you contribute as much as you possibly can in open play and hopefully the break will come.
Stay positive with maximum effort.

the team is struggling to score goals, Altidore will only make a difficult situation worse. He strength is goal scoring I think that's pretty evident after 40 odd games

Whatever happens keep your head up fella.
Far from an ideal scenario today but given the choice i'd much rather you miss a chance like that than never get one in the first place. These things happen.
Good players miss easy chances, bad players never get easy chances to miss.

Just make sure you contribute as much as you possibly can in open play and hopefully the break will come.
Stay positive with maximum effort.
No. Fuck him. I've had your opinion for much of this season. Today thought was the last straw. Nice guy in sure but get f***ing rid. I've seen some chod playing for us in my years, but fuck me, it's not funny anymore.

The pass was played behind him.

He may be shite, but today was not his fault.

Any reasonable person without an agenda will see that fact.

The pass was played behind him.

He may be shite, but today was not his fault.

Any reasonable person without an agenda will see that fact.

You are half right. I do believe a truly great poacher would've somehow got the ball over the line.
The chance wasn't quite as straightforward as some suggest but he should've made a better fist of it.

You are half right. I do believe a truly great poacher would've somehow got the ball over the line.
The chance wasn't quite as straightforward as some suggest but he should've made a better fist of it.

What pisses me off is that like you say some aren't proper tap ins but he seems to give up and doesn't give a fuck when things aren't on a plate, like today he just f***ing fell over the useless twat. At least make a f***ing effort!

What pisses me off is that like you say some aren't proper tap ins but he seems to give up and doesn't give a fuck when things aren't on a plate, like today he just f***ing fell over the useless twat. At least make a f***ing effort!

Hence the OP, Keep Your Head Up Jozy.
He needs to keep working hard with a positive attitude. The Premier League isn't meant to be easy.

A truly great poacher? You've got to be joking, anybody with reasonable football skills would have lapped it up. He's shit! The sooner he's gone the better. Worse than a man short.

A truly great poacher? You've got to be joking, anybody with reasonable football skills would have lapped it up. He's shit! The sooner he's gone the better. Worse than a man short.

OK, you're correct about my terminology, most poachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back