Jozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had converted that chance yesterday it could have been a new start for him as i think his hold up play was alright, Nowt special but done okay and would have had a goal to top it off.

But in Jozy style, he missed, from 4 yards out, again.

Ive always wanted him to succeed here, Seems a genuine bloke and what not but its getting to the stage now where i feel sorry for him for being so shite. Thats me, feeling sorry for a millionaire footballer. Thats how bad it now is.

I'm not exactly jumping for joy tonight myself but my knowledge of professional sport tells me the betting odds will work in his favour if he sticks with it. I don't think he'll ever be in the Lineker or SKP mode but he won't miss those chances indefinitely if he continues to get in those areas unmarked.

Let's be honest, even though the ball arrived slightly awkwardly he should've been able to adjust his body enough to scramble the ball over the line. If he gets into similar situations every game the ball will go in. It just will, even if it bounces off him or he miss cues it.

It's the fact that he is always a bit too late, or early, or the angle is a bit wrong and sooner or later, the coaching team need to recognise that it isn't going to get better. Statistically, you would expect him to stick one or two away. I won't be putting any money on it though.

It's the fact that he is always a bit too late, or early, or the angle is a bit wrong and sooner or later, the coaching team need to recognise that it isn't going to get better. Statistically, you would expect him to stick one or two away. I won't be putting any money on it though.

That's what i would hope for, someday the statistics have to throw a few to him on a plate. I mean just ahead of him, at the right speed, on his good(?:)) foot, with a following wind, to an open goal.

I'm normally very critical and quick to point out negatives if i see them. I've looked at a few of Jozy's glaring misses and nearly all of them have a slight twist where you can see how he missed. Not that good players don't adjust quicker and better than he does, but they often haven't been quite as clearcut as people make out.
I'm not totally defending him because from 3 or 4 "awkward" easy chances i'd still expect him to put away 1 or 2 by sheer default.

Anyway, onwards goes our journey.:)

If he comes on here the OP was aimed at Jozy. You're right, he looked f**king devastated at HT.

He must hang in there, stay positive and work hard. Things can turn around very quickly when luck finally changes from bad to good.

I would joke and say he needs one to bounce in off his arse but even that one missed the f**king target!!:)
I'd love to see him get the winner against newcastle.

I will be the first to eat my words if this happens but I cannot see it somehow.

You're just unbelievable !! I'd love to see him up in the stands against Newcastle. No way should he be starting in a huge game like this. His confidence is shot and quite rightly so. We do not need a passenger in such a big game.

I will be the first to eat my words if this happens but I cannot see it somehow.

You're just unbelievable !! I'd love to see him up in the stands against Newcastle. No way should he be starting in a huge game like this. His confidence is shot and quite rightly so. We do not need a passenger in such a big game.

He's played well up there in the big game before.

Where does this myth originate from that he played well at the Landfill.

He just played less shite than usual and fluffed a one on one with the keeper.
THIS. never even looked like he had any idea at all , how to get around krul. Was almost as bad as some of his subsequent misses.

He was a handful that day. He laid the ball off for Colback's run which led to Johnson's goal.
Altidore's had some of his better games against newcastle. It could possibly be argued his only better games against newcastle.

Alterdooray...

Tru Jawdee said last year he did everything amiobe didn't in the derby, ....and it was one of his few good games truth be told.

Thread is a bit weird tbh... piston loading it on like its gingerzilla...

I like positive piston tho...;)

He was a handful that day. He laid the ball off for Colback's run which led to Johnson's goal.
Altidore's had some of his better games against newcastle. It could possibly be argued his only better games against newcastle.

Be honest with yourself if he did not wear a red and white strip you would be laughing at him along with the rest of English soccer players and supporters

Be honest with yourself if he did not wear a red and white strip you would be laughing at him along with the rest of English soccer players and supporters

Quite possibly, but i'll be 100% behind him on Sunday.
I'd f**king love Jozy to be the match winner.

Off to kip now. All the best.

Quite possibly, but i'll be 100% behind him on Sunday.
I'd f**king love Jozy to be the match winner.

Off to kip now. All the best.

We would all love any Sunderland player to score the winner ( O, G's excluded) and even better if its Jozy, but hopefully he wont even be on the team bus

That's what i would hope for, someday the statistics have to throw a few to him on a plate. I mean just ahead of him, at the right speed, on his good(?:)) foot, with a following wind, to an open goal.

What, exactly like the one he fucked up against West Ham? Open your eyes man and, by the way, I just cannot take seriously anybody who would have Vincent Tan as his avatar

You are half right. I do believe a truly great poacher would've somehow got the ball over the line.
The chance wasn't quite as straightforward as some suggest but he should've made a better fist of it.
It's not easy to finish when you just randomly throw you body in the direction of the ball.

it's not a myth. He played well.
A broken clock is right twice a day...
He DID play well at St James' last year, yet he still managed to miss an absolute sitter that day.
Can we risk it 2 years in a row, playing a striker that we know WILL NOT score under any circumstances?

He fluffed his chance though. Luckilly for him we scored 3 so all is forgotten. If it had been a critical miss he would have been slaughtered.

He's an enigma...

He can score when the pressure is off

We knew that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back