Jozy to Columbus Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to say anything, he had poor body language and ran less than the player he had replaced many times. Almost like he was sulking for being used as a sub.

To be honest, I saw no discernible differences between his performances at the start or end of the season. Always looked a bit lazy and had a poor first touch.

See: Only other yanks have a sense of 'humor'! That and mueller may remember I've mostly been critical of Jozy in other posts. Only a WUM or a groupie could say it's been anything short of amazing he played as much as he has with the little he's shown. And the Sunderland supporters here have been, on the whole, shockingly supportive of him considering, but most of us yanks are sure Jozy is a far better player than he's shown. Doesn't make him deserving of starting or even being kept here if a good offer is tabled from MLS, but he is capable of more. Of that, I'm sure.

I am curious how the American sentiment changes now that the World Cup is over. I think most Americans, myself included sometimes, wanted him to play so he would be fit for the World Cup, even if his play didn't always warrant it. With that said, he was not that bad, outside the lack of goals, and he should do better this year now that the club is more stable. He seemed to fit in well at the end of matches to kill off the game so maybe that is his role this season. All and all we finished in 14th and played in a Cup Final, so it was a successful season in my book, and he was part of that.

I am curious how the American sentiment changes now that the World Cup is over. I think most Americans, myself included sometimes, wanted him to play so he would be fit for the World Cup, even if his play didn't always warrant it. With that said, he was not that bad, outside the lack of goals, and he should do better this year now that the club is more stable. He seemed to fit in well at the end of matches to kill off the game so maybe that is his role this season. All and all we finished in 14th and played in a Cup Final, so it was a successful season in my book, and he was part of that.

Last season was not successful at all and a Cup Final doesn't hide that.

We don't get to many Cup finals but to be in the bottom 3 for 80% of the season meant it was a poor season for me.

Last season was not successful at all and a Cup Final doesn't hide that.

We don't get to many Cup finals but to be in the bottom 3 for 80% of the season meant it was a poor season for me.
We finished 14th. It's not like it was 17th. Who cares when you win the games as long as you win them? FFS, the Mags won once or twice after Cabaye left. Would you have rather had their season or ours?

I'd like him to play and succeed for him because he is a good kid - certainly not for Sunderland supporters who can't get enough of trashing him. That said, I am personally not a huge of a fan of his and think that probably, by the 2018 WC, we'll have better options. If he played for a better club team he'd produce more but, right now, after what he showed this past season, the fact is that he is limited and unless that changes somehow I don't see him making it in the PL. Again, I hope for him that he does but I don't see it happening.

I'd like him to play and succeed for him because he is a good kid - certainly not for Sunderland supporters who can't get enough of trashing him. That said, I am personally not a huge of a fan of his and think that probably, by the 2018 WC, we'll have better options. If he played for a better club team he'd produce more but, right now, after what he showed this past season, the fact is that he is limited and unless that changes somehow I don't see him making it in the PL. Again, I hope for him that he does but I don't see it happening.
I agree totally. My point is, do any ' pundits ' think he is any good?

What an unusual post. You say "Sunderland supporters... can't get enough of trashing him" -- which, by the way is an exaggeration, as it seems opinion is divided about 50/50 about Jozy -- and then you go on to basically say he's "limited" and not likely to make it in the PL. Strange.

You don't see the difference between pointing out that he limited and calling him shit or worse in nearly every f***ing post? Strange? You're having a laugh. The only strange thing is you're apparently not bright enough to see the difference between the two.

You aren't kidding anyone.

I agree totally. My point is, do any ' pundits ' think he is any good?

Not sure it matters does it? Which pundits are you refering too? All possible soccer pundits? I dunno, probably some of them think he is pretty good and still has a chance to come good. And he does really but this is it. This is the season. If he doesn't produce this season, his career (at a high level) may be effectively over. I am not sure he would ever regain his confidence if he has another season like last season.

Last edited by a moderator:
How small minded of you.

What an unusual post. You say "Sunderland supporters... can't get enough of trashing him" -- which, by the way is an exaggeration, as it seems opinion is divided about 50/50 about Jozy -- and then you go on to basically say he's "limited" and not likely to make it in the PL. Strange.

This... no secret he has his detractors but he's earned that with an abysmal season... certainly others who like him as a lad and hope he comes good... up to jozy now to win back hearts and minds with performance...

You don't see the difference between pointing out that he limited and calling him shit or worse in nearly every f***ing post? Strange? You're having a laugh. The only strange thing is you're apparently not bright enough to see the difference between the two.

Don't recall calling you names. Just said yours was a strange post. Calm down.

:rolleyes: Are you a mag or just talking shit?

This... no secret he has his detractors but he's earned that with an abysmal season... certainly others who like him as a lad and hope he comes good... up to jozy now to win back hearts and minds with performance...
Yep, he's had a lot of support despite being utterly terrible. Sadly, I just don't think he's good enough. Seems a canny lad though.

I like Altidore and don't particularly think he's anywhere near as bad as he showed last season but f***ing hell :oops:

Jozy needs to be on the shoulder of the last defender and have a ball slipped in to him in the channels a good few yards from goal so he can control it, he is a good finisher when in form and playing the style he suits, however he has yet to find his feet in the quicker, more physical premier league. His solitary goal came when his control was good. If he can relax and not pressure himself then he'll begin to improve again, he also needs to adapt to the style we are playing, if he gets the ball to feet/chest/head, he needs to do something positive with it, giving and going is a big part of his game but he needs to make those sorts of opportunities more and for them to be put away.

If he leaves, he leaves as long as we get our money back I'm happy, if he stays I'd like to see some improvement from him and a better attitude.

Not sure it matters does it? Which pundits are you refering too? All possible soccer pundits? I dunno, probably some of them think he is pretty good and still has a chance to come good. And he does really but this is it. This is the season. If he doesn't produce this season, his career (at a high level) may be effectively over. I am not sure he would ever regain his confidence if he has another season like last season.
do you go to the SOL? ive never heard anyone trash him.. there might have been a few individuals but every player gets that.. he gets a bit of stick on the internet.. nothing to wet the bed over. you are a clueless tit.

we even had a song for him to show our support.. you utter weapon

:rolleyes: Are you a mag or just talking shit?

Not to put words in Yank's mouth, but I think it goes both ways. While the common stereotype in England seems to be yanks know fuck all about football, most Americans think the bottom ten of the Prem is shite. I don't really think either are true, but they seem to be common misconceptions.

Not to put words in Yank's mouth, but I think it goes both ways. While the common stereotype in England seems to be yanks know fuck all about football, most Americans think the bottom ten of the Prem is shite. I don't really think either are true, but they seem to be common misconceptions.

ive never thought americans believed the bottom 10 were shit.. they can't possibly think that.. they flood our message board everyday and we finished 14th.

ive never thought americans believed the bottom 10 were shit.. they can't possibly think that.. they flood our message board everyday and we finished 14th.
When an American says a better team, do you think he is referring to Stoke? Casual American fans don't watch Villa-Palace or Stoke-Hull. Most Americans watch the big teams and the Americans. USMNT is the biggest "club" in the US. The fact that Jozy is our striker and you guys speak English brings Americans because we can talk about our guy. Then in the process, some fall in love with the club and stay while others don't and leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back