Jozy to Columbus Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the story... the midfield in the final third was abysmal as well... Jozy fluffed some good chances mind, but we were also pretty anemic at getting the ball into the final third and when there, repeatedly did stupid things with it... like shite crosses to no one and 35 yard punt shots from topbox... we seemed very adept at those...
is say this. early in the season you could forgive him as we were terrible attacking. he barely got a touch or a goal scoring chance.
later in the season though he had a fair few good chances and fluffed them one after another.

give him another half season and hope we play well as a team and give him chances. if he still doesnt do the business then thats conclusive.

is say this. early in the season you could forgive him as we were terrible attacking. he barely got a touch or a goal scoring chance.
later in the season though he had a fair few good chances and fluffed them one after another.

My point was that there is more than enough blame to go round attacking wise for the majority of the season...

Jozy & Fletcher... Bardo overlaps into shite crosses to no one... Ki and larsson having useless cracks from 35 yards repeatedly... Colback getting the ball in the final third and ensuring it's passed back to the defenders repeatedly...

My point was that there is more than enough blame to go round attacking wise for the majority of the season...

Jozy & Fletcher... Bardo overlaps into shite crosses to no one... Ki and larsson having useless cracks from 35 yards repeatedly... Colback getting the ball in the final third and ensuring it's passed back to the defenders repeatedly...
aye i was backing you up. saying early in the season "we were terrible attacking" as a whole.
i now retract my statement and refuse to agree with you ever again. ;)

My patience with Altidore ran out a long time ago, it's time for him to leave tbh. I can't see any way he can have a positive impact on our side when the likes of Wickham and Fletcher are streets ahead of him in terms of quality. This board will be a much better place once his clueless fans fuck off as well.

Colback getting the ball in the final third and ensuring it's passed back to the defenders repeatedly...

Sidenote: Should be entertaining to see the mags reaction to the Colback "sit-n'spin" passback routine after they've seen it a few times this season... since they swooped and signed our "best player" and whatnot...;)

He has a very valid point to be fair. I took a bit of time out yesterday to have a look at some old clips of Jozy in action and two for me stood out. They stood out because i don't think the quality of opposition was particularly relevant to the quality of the goals he scored.....ie i think he would have scored them against better quality players. That leads me to believe that his problems here are indeed in his head and his body language would seem to back this up. I genuinely think a few sessions with a sports psychologist could help him overcome his problems here.....whether he will subject himself to that, who knows.

First goal goes in against anyone at anytime, regardless of opposition

First goal goes in against anyone at anytime, regardless of opposition

We once had a bloke play for us called Murphy. Most on here will know him only too well.

Google 'Murphy goal Sunderland V Wigan.' That too would have gone in against any opposition. plus it was scored in the premier league…you can likely get the point.

give him another half season and hope we play well as a team and give him chances. if he still doesnt do the business then thats conclusive.

Logon or register to see this image

We once had a bloke play for us called Murphy. Most on here will know him only too well.

Google 'Murphy goal Sunderland V Wigan.' That too would have gone in against any opposition. plus it was scored in the premier league…you can likely get the point.
My point is he has skills some dont have. Whether or not he puts them to use. Well only time, and a limited amount, will tell.

My point is he has skills some dont have.

I'm honestly not sure what those skills would be. Hold up play? Loads of strikers have that. Big frame? Ditto. Decent shot? I've seen him score at least one good goal (v. Chelsea). Ball control? Not so much.

I don't really see what sets him apart.

I've said it loads of times before: he seems like a good guy. And as a fellow Yank, I'd be proud to see him succeed at Sunderland. But the first point doesn't make him a good footballer. And the second doesn't seem likely.

The only hope for Jozy to do OK for us is if he can build a partnership with Fletcher or Wickham (or someone) who can read his flicks or will pass to him. He will never make it alone.

Please, get rid of Jozy. Bring on the Crewe lad. He seems like your type.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...eighing-up-move-for-crewe-s-clayton-1-6755770

The only hope for Jozy to do OK for us is if he can build a partnership with Fletcher or Wickham (or someone) who can read his flicks or will pass to him. He will never make it alone.

Not a single striker on this club will "make it alone."

The resident clownshoe on here, since his mate Jozy signed. The sooner they both fuck off the better.

I'm sorry that I aggravated your yeast infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back