Jozy to Columbus Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
When an American says a better team, do you think he is referring to Stoke? Casual American fans don't watch Villa-Palace or Stoke-Hull. Most Americans watch the big teams and the Americans. USMNT is the biggest "club" in the US. The fact that Jozy is our striker and you guys speak English brings Americans because we can talk about our guy. Then in the process, some fall in love with the club and stay while others don't and leave.
I thought Stoke had a decent following in the US, Geoff Cameron, Edu, Brek Shea?

When an American says a better team, do you think he is referring to Stoke?

I am referring to almost any PL club with a decently skilled, creative midfield. You know, a team with a player that can put a good trough-ball on the mark or a player that gets wide and actually can cross the ball worth a shit. A team where all of the pressure isn't on the lone striker when he is holding up the ball because no one is within 20 yards of him and they either come too late in support or never come at all. In short, Jozy would be better with better players around him. All players are. Better players around him would mitigate some of his deficiencies. It isn't rocket science.

Sunderland supporters can't figure out why all of their strikers suck. It's because they are all average to marginal playing with the average to marginal in a system that isn't easy on a striker. Imagine that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am referring to almost any PL club with a decently skilled, creative midfield. You know, a team with a player that can put a good trough-ball on the mark or a player that gets wide and actually can cross the ball worth a shit. A team where all of the pressure isn't on the lone striker when he is holding up the ball because no one is within 20 yards of him and they either come too late in support or never come at all. In short, Jozy would be better with better players around him. All players are. Better players around him would mitigate some of his deficiencies. It isn't rocket science.

Sunderland supporters can't figure out why all of their strikers suck. It's because they are all average to marginal playing with the average to marginal. Imagine that.

Yes we can. We can also spot an under performing player with a shit 1st touch.

Are you f***ing kidding me? What a f***ing clown

He has a very valid point to be fair. I took a bit of time out yesterday to have a look at some old clips of Jozy in action and two for me stood out. They stood out because i don't think the quality of opposition was particularly relevant to the quality of the goals he scored.....ie i think he would have scored them against better quality players. That leads me to believe that his problems here are indeed in his head and his body language would seem to back this up. I genuinely think a few sessions with a sports psychologist could help him overcome his problems here.....whether he will subject himself to that, who knows.

Sunderland supporters can't figure out why all of their strikers suck. It's because they are all average to marginal playing with the average to marginal in a system that isn't easy on a striker. Imagine that.

His poor qualities (and theres a lot of them) would stand out even more if he was playing in a better team.

His poor qualities (and theres a lot of them) would stand out even more if he was playing in a better team.

And therein lies one of the flaws in our dozy elastic waisted friend's argument- Jozy wouldn't get anywhere near a better team. He'll flounder on for a year as a "supersub" for us before Gus realises what we all know and gets rid of him back to MLS, where he will vanish into obscurity, scoring the occasional goal against the equivalent of Division 2 opposition.

Borini managed double figures, wickham managed to blow Jozy away in a handful of games, yes we had a hard season last season but not to extent to carry the can for jozys personal drought.

Not to put words in Yank's mouth, but I think it goes both ways. While the common stereotype in England seems to be yanks know fuck all about football, most Americans think the bottom ten of the Prem is shite. I don't really think either are true, but they seem to be common misconceptions.
True - but it's best to recognize that there are stereotyping shit-talkers on both side - and this particular clown is one of them.

What a load of shite. Anyone would be "more effective" (though all things are relative) if he played up front for Real Madrid. What a brilliant insight. Honestly :lol: :rolleyes:

Sunderland's other strikers don't suck as much as Jozy does. The fact is the Jozy doesn't prosper now because he's playing AGAINST better, quicker defenders and he's just not good enough to beat them. That's why he scored so many in Holland. It's not rocket science....DUUURRRRRRRR!

Last edited:

pointless argument because no club better than us will ever buy him. They wouldn't before last season and deffo will not be now.

keep on dreaming because you will never see him at barca or chelsea as you obviously want

I'd like him to play and succeed for him because he is a good kid - certainly not for Sunderland supporters who can't get enough of trashing him. That said, I am personally not a huge of a fan of his and think that probably, by the 2018 WC, we'll have better options. If he played for a better club team he'd produce more but, right now, after what he showed this past season, the fact is that he is limited and unless that changes somehow I don't see him making it in the PL. Again, I hope for him that he does but I don't see it happening.
I'm not sure I've seen many or any on here 'trashing' him in terms of his personality or likeability. But there are lots of opinions on his ability to play football or otherwise at the highest level. Isn't that what a football forum is about?

Connor Wickham scored more goals in 10 matches, than Altidore has scored in 2 entire seasons in English Football. To be honest, other than 1 excellent season in the Eredivisie, Altidore's goal record is astonishingly horrific.

16 in 41 in the USA
3 in 17 in Spain
4 in 66 in England
1 in 12 in Turkey

Absolute joke.

By that definition pretty much every team in the league is shit, only a few consistently get the ball to the strikers due to the high defensive standards of the PL and Jozy wouldn't get anywhere near their squads. One of the main reasons we were is such a mess last season was the fact Fletcher struggled with injuries and our 2nd choice striker (Jozy) proved to be no where near the standard needed to play in the top flight despite getting a very generous amount of game time.

By that definition pretty much every team in the league is shit, only a few consistently get the ball to the strikers due to the high defensive standards of the PL and Jozy wouldn't get anywhere near their squads. One of the main reasons we were is such a mess last season was the fact Fletcher struggled with injuries and our 2nd choice striker (Jozy) proved to be no where near the standard needed to play in the top flight despite getting a very generous amount of game time.

Half the story... the midfield in the final third was abysmal as well... Jozy fluffed some good chances mind, but we were also pretty anemic at getting the ball into the final third and when there, repeatedly did stupid things with it... like shite crosses to no one and 35 yard punt shots from topbox... we seemed very adept at those...

This is like ground hog day......

Yep, most Sunderland fans think Jozy isn't very good and Uncle Sam and Yank both want to suck him off.

So is he going to Columus Crew or what?

For a player everyone here loves to hate, he's got one hell of thread going.

Personally, I'd like him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back