Hunted - TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started to watch the first series the other night, only at episode 4, but already people are annoying me at how easy they are making it for the hunters. Dont risk calling home, I know it would be hard but ffs its 28 days! Really fancy having a go at this myself, think i would do quite well :cool:
That's how they all get caught. Can't keep off social media or their phones.

Started to watch the first series the other night, only at episode 4, but already people are annoying me at how easy they are making it for the hunters. Dont risk calling home, I know it would be hard but ffs its 28 days! Really fancy having a go at this myself, think i would do quite well :cool:

You could use SMB for your network to move you around the country and put you up for a night.

To be fair they are pretty up front about how it works. The website explains it all.

The hunters and the fugitives have completely separate production teams. There is an independent adjudicator (some ex Met police commander or something) who feeds the hunters with information in as realistic fashion as can be achieved to simulate CCTV and ANPR systems. To do this they have via a freedom of information request got the position of every public CCTV device in the country and whenever they go past one the adjudicator will (after a time delay and clarifying the hunters have actually worked out the registration number of the car they are in) give the hunters a copy of the film that the production crew took at the time they crossed the CCTV or ANPR.

They all seem to be complete morons anyway. All you have to do is withdraw all the money at the start, get into the countryside undetected and go camping/hiking. Dont shout your mouth off and don't bring a mobile phone.

I don't think they'd choose people who might do well

Quite realistic then in that in a true manhunt the police/mi5 etc would get a warrant to search premises and sieze phones/tablets/pcs then do forensics on them to find out plans etc

Aye and the police/MI5 then "hack" the device by just randomly guess names as passwords and when one doesn't work then just mash the enter button a few more times as detailed to be extremely effective in all their training.

lol can you imagine the tv crew if you just packed up all your gear and buggered off to torridon or rannoch moor for 28 days

no proper toilets, no proper washing facilities, catching your own food...presumably they wouldnt actually allow you to do it as it would be unfilmable

I've watched the first series, but haven't started the second one yet. There are clearly some big holes in it. I mean that doctor from the first one, went upto Scotland was doing well and was always one step a head of them. Then decides to get spotting getting on a train and gets off in one of the most obvious stations in London, doesn't make sense.

If it was me and I knew I was going on the run I'd have been on autotrader found the same make/model/colour of my car, got a set of plates printed for it. Loaded up my caravan with tinned foods and lots of beer. Then when i got the call to go, I've just got to jump in the car, turn my phone off and take it with me, take my laptop with me so they cant search either. Pick the caravan up and switch the plates over, then go and pitch it up somewhere in the countryside and sit and drink for 28 days straight, easy.

I've watched the first series, but haven't started the second one yet. There are clearly some big holes in it. I mean that doctor from the first one, went upto Scotland was doing well and was always one step a head of them. Then decides to get spotting getting on a train and gets off in one of the most obvious stations in London, doesn't make sense.

If it was me and I knew I was going on the run I'd have been on autotrader found the same make/model/colour of my car, got a set of plates printed for it. Loaded up my caravan with tinned foods and lots of beer. Then when i got the call to go, I've just got to jump in the car, turn my phone off and take it with me, take my laptop with me so they cant search either. Pick the caravan up and switch the plates over, then go and pitch it up somewhere in the countryside and sit and drink for 28 days straight, easy.

I think, and I am just guessing here, but one of the conditions of the show might be that you have something on a laptop or a tablet that they can find so they have a chance of catching you, it is a TV program after all

I don't think you'd be allowed to break the law.

One of the stipulations of this series is that you have to stay mobile. I think it was introduced after that dr just hid in the hills last series.

One of the stipulations of this series is that you have to stay mobile. I think it was introduced after that dr just hid in the hills last series.

That's right, you can't stay in the same place for more than 4 days or return to that place after leaving within 10.

Buy your lass and yourself a pre-pay mobile then it is quite easy to call home.

Buy your lass and yourself a pre-pay mobile then it is quite easy to call home.
I'd rather not call home :lol:

Finished series 1 last night, couldnt believe that lass made it after visiting home! Was happy for the 2 lads from Wallsall cos at least they went about things the right way, and were clever in how they contacted home. Was there any prize for the 1st series?

I'd rather not call home :lol:

Finished series 1 last night, couldnt believe that lass made it after visiting home! Was happy for the 2 lads from Wallsall cos at least they went about things the right way, and were clever in how they contacted home. Was there any prize for the 1st series?

Just the kudos of escaping I believe

I had it recorded and have just been watching a few. I don't usually like or watch reality TV, but I'm quite liking this. Apart from the music, they are not doing the big buildup and post-interviews they do with things like Xfactor. It is all about what the people are doing. Like you I could really quite fancy this, but don't know how the missus or work would feel!

The mistakes are all the same. Leaving an IT trail either on the web or by using phones. For a few of them, some of the let downs has not been about their precautions it has been the other end. Take Nick for example using a borrowed mobile to contact someone when he was desperate for cash. Good idea, but he phoned a very good friend who's phone they were watching. That bit has been interesting that the Hunters instantly picked up on a number he had never been called from before. You would be far better just turning up on doorsteps rather than using anything electronic. One person can monitor hundreds of electronic feeds, but to monitor people and places takes man power.

If I was desperate for cash or a bed for the night, the people to avoid would be your closest friends. I'd be looking at getting in touch with friends I'm not in regular contact with but know I trust. There are a few former and current work mates who spring to mind, who I know would help me in an instant if asked but anyone doing a profile of me would never expect those would be the ones to watch. (Unless I do this one year and the hunters read this thread!). If a well known poster from here contacted me via a PM using a new account and asked for help, I would probably give it.

One of the key things is your preparation work. The ex-army people and Nick had plans or disguise purchases on their computers at home. If you want to research your actual plans in advance, use a read only USB bootable OS from a public network. Trash the USB stick just in case before you go. If the data is being found on hard disks, don't use a hard disk. Nobody seems to have left a fake trail on their computers. I'd be setting up a few servers at work to mail out random updates at preset times, to the wife. "I'm still ok just outside Cardiff".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back