Hunted - TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatfield Mackem

Full Back
As this show starts again on Thursday, I wanted to ask the SMB what your individual plans would be should you be faced with the task of trying to evade a world leading surveillance team for 28 days.

Concept:- After applying for the show, once successful you're told at a random time that you have one hour to disappear before the professional private detectives and ex-police surveillance teams start looking for you (obviously I'd imagine you have to clear this in advance with work etc.).

They search your home and computer to get clues on where you might be heading. They monitor your bank accounts and passport should you try to leave the UK. They have facial recognition software on all CCTV cameras to pick up on you should you be in a congested area such as a city centre. They'll also tap your phone and monitor the phones of those close to you so you'd be wise to buy a pay-as-you-go SIM. This is a very top line description of what tools and skills they have.

You've been given one hour head start. What's your plan?

Get a contract with Sunderland...

I'd arrange a series of helpers before hand...

Is it safer to stay in a city or the country

Last edited:
I'd start off by googling a series of random villages in the middle of nowhere down south with decent campsites/ b & b's to throw them off the scent.
Wouldn't bother taking my phone to avoid any temptation of getting in touch etc. As soon as I knew I was successful I'd start withdrawing all my cash to avoid having to make a trip to any cash points.
As soon as I got the call I'd have someone take my car down south knowing it'd be picked up and head as far north as I could by foot, staying away from any roads with a tent and supply of food to keep me going for at least a week, using small villages to replenish food supplies as rare as possible.

An hour isn't very long, so I'd be looking at taking the car initially.

Take my bike and tent in the boot
Get a wodge of cash
Avoid ANPR
Ditch car
Cycle as far from car as possible to rural train station
Avoid CCTV, master of disguise
Tip up at a campsite for a few weeks, the farmers field type

Basically, the key things are no smartphone, no internet, no cashpoints or credit/debit card, avoid CCTV, don't contact anyone, use public transport (paying cash) but not big stations (CCTV), no motorways with your own car (ANPR)

That's where I'd head like. The blokey on it last year would never have been caught if he hadn't headed back down South.
If it's the bloke who went up near Fort William, hilarious. He was proper cocky and got totally busted.

I'd live in a wheelie bin for a month.

Aye, I thought he was class. Got bored in the end seemed to get caught on purpose. Class when he was sat in the bushes watching them search that building.
He was that shit at it that he got the train to London, even a 5 year old child wouldn't do that.

I'd live in a wheelie bin for a month.

He was that shit at it that he got the train to London, even a 5 year old child wouldn't do that.
Aye but he just seemed sick of it, got on the train fully expecting to be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back