Gus Poyet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He walks, takes all his staff with him and we are on our 5th manager in 3 years.

We need stability desperately.

Calm man, it's nobody's fault (apparently). ;)

Put your faith in Short, Byrne and Congerton, they know what they are doing (apparently), and if, by 31st August, all isn't well, then that is the time to chime in ............................
well after it is too late.

No need to wet the bed now (apparently).

It certainly doesn't back up those who say we wont be spending owt...............

It puts us in the grey area to me. Neither spending nowt nor spending as much as we need to. Plus, without being pedantic we haven't actually spent it yet!!

In my opinion we've scrimped in terms of the Premier League in previous seasons and now many contracts have run out the reaper has come for his pound of flesh. You always have to pay in the end, in terms of transfer fees £40-£50 million is what we needed to spend this time around. We're probably 5 first teamers short of being decent at this level.
I don't think you need to spend that amount every season but all the times we've been short in previous years have finally been added to this account.

It puts us in the grey area to me. Neither spending nowt nor spending as much as we need to. Plus, without being pedantic we haven't actually spent it yet!!

In my opinion we've scrimped in terms of the Premier League in previous seasons and now many contracts have run out the reaper has come for his pound of flesh. You always have to pay in the end, in terms of transfer fees £40-£50 million is what we needed to spend this time around. We're probably 5 first teamers short of being decent at this level.
I don't think you need to spend that amount every season but all the times we've been short in previous years have finally been added to this account.
We've bid £14 million, which to my mind will just wipe the debt Liverpool probably still owe us for Henderson and mignolet.

Its on the table though unless youre so cynical you think its a smokescreen which I don't...........

A club record bid has nothing grey about it at all in my eyes...........

Its on the table though unless youre so cynical you think its a smokescreen which I don't...........

A club record bid has nothing grey about it at all in my eyes...........

No i'm not that cynical, in the case of Borini i think the bid was genuine. To be fair i think they've offered more than they really wanted to just to get one of the balls rolling, which is commendable. Apart from whether or not they sounded him out first i think the attempt they've made was the right thing to do. We needed to get the player in asap, not wait to see if we could save £500,000 and that's what they attempted.

£14million doesn't buy as much as it used to do, it's probably the equivalent of £8-9million a couple of years ago. Nice gesture but it's nowhere near enough to dig us out of the hole we're in. As i said £40-50million or the equivalent in Bosman's is what we needed this time around. We're missing half a f**king first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back