Gus Poyet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Poyet does have a good start to the season and another club comes in for him, he would be off in a shot. The club obviously made him promises before he signed a new contract and now they have failed to deliver those promises, nobody could blame Poyet if he left.
What promises were they?

There's no guesswork, Poyet and Oatway have stated numerous times in the media that they wanted players in early so Poyet could coach them to his style, that opportunity has now passed. Poyet is not just coming out with these negative comments about Congerton/Board just for a laugh, it's fairly clear promises were made to him and he now is starting to get pissed off with lack of progress.
More guesswork..

If Poyet does have a good start to the season and another club comes in for him, he would be off in a shot. The club obviously made him promises before he signed a new contract and now they have failed to deliver those promises, nobody could blame Poyet if he left.

What a load of horseplop!

I hope he is here for years and years. The club is crying out for some continuity.

I don't disagree. I just feel the choice might be taken out of our hands. I'm just getting a gut feeling that Gus's goals and ambitions are different to the club's operating ambitions.

I hope he is here for years and years. The club is crying out for some continuity.
This won't happen. He is ambitious and will move on. What I am hoping is that he is given backing and builds foundations to build on before inevitable move back to That There London.

Dont like the fella at all.

Do like the way he got us playing football at times.

What makes you say the first bit?
Agree about the second bit, although there were a couple of times when it looked like he'd thrown in the towel and had no answer.

There's no guesswork, Poyet and Oatway have stated numerous times in the media that they wanted players in early so Poyet could coach them to his style, that opportunity has now passed. Poyet is not just coming out with these negative comments about Congerton/Board just for a laugh, it's fairly clear promises were made to him and he now is starting to get pissed off with lack of progress.

Has he directly criticised them or have you just twisted his words? Hmm...

This.

But they think they do. Then bleat and whinge on here and all the other moaners join in with the same complaint, assuming it as fact.

It's the people who add 2 and 2, come up with 5 and then convince themselves (and as many others as possible) that what they believe is absolute truth and woe betide anyone who doesn't agree. Bloody ridiculous.

Those who are able to see the middle-ground and not the polar extremes of any situation are thin on the ground.

No ones got any idea about anything really. He's signed a new contract and is taking up pre season training, putting pressure on the board to get his players in and that's about it. Got no reasons at all to think he will just swan off down south, as far as I'm aware and until he says otherwise he's our manager and doing his best for the club. Personally I think he's the right man for it and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for us which up to now includes survival and a cup final..

a new name for this board ?

Has he directly criticised them or have you just twisted his words? Hmm...

It was only a couple of month ago he labelled the club "rotten to the core", he has spent the last few weeks taking pops at Congerton in every interview he does. Take off your red and white blinkers and you'll be able to see what's unfurling right in front of your eyes.

It's the people who add 2 and 2, come up with 5 and then convince themselves (and as many others as possible) that what they believe is absolute truth and woe betide anyone who doesn't agree. Bloody ridiculous.

Those who are able to see the middle-ground and not the polar extremes of any situation are thin on the ground.
These cretins are the ones who shout loudest on here and the weak-minded just lap it up.

It was only a couple of month ago he labelled the club "rotten to the core", he has spent the last few weeks taking pops at Congerton in every interview he does. Take off your red and white blinkers and you'll be able to see what's unfurling right in front of your eyes.
Oh yeah, where are the direct quotes criticising him?

"I would have liked the players in sooner" translates as "Lee Congerton is useless" does it?

What makes you say the first bit?
Agree about the second bit, although there were a couple of times when it looked like he'd thrown in the towel and had no answer.

I hate politics in football, every part of a Football club should be unified and be singing from the same sheet.

I dislike that someone is purposely trying to unravel others aspects of the club for there own personall gain.

Im not saying I dont think he can be a success, I just dont appreiciate the way he goes about things to the extent that i dont like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back