Gus Poyet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can see the theory behind the post. He was looking like walking towards the end of last season. Oneill walked out on Villa a week before the start of the season over transfer business so it is possible.

Poyet still has more to prove though and it's his first full crack at the premier league. He probably wouldn't get another premier league job at the moment either so this season is a massive opportunity to prove himself.

Very true although it appears the fella at the helm revels in the opposite.

If you mean Short that's a load of crap saying that...........

Both Bruce and O 'Neill had lost the plot over an extended period of time and had to go and he tried a different approach with PDC and again acted swiftly when it clearly wasn't working...............

Both Bruce and O 'Neill had lost the plot over an extended period of time and had to go and he tried a different approach with PDC and again acted swiftly when it clearly wasn't working...............
He's had his fingers burnt paying over the odds for below average players.

Looks to me, that the club are learning from past mistakes.

Unless hes backed this window i reckon West ham will be in for him when they sack SA

They'll keep him until they move to the Olympic stadium. Would be a disaster for them if they went down and Sam Allerdyce pretty much guarantees premier league football.

Then they'll sack him and be a force imo.

He's had his fingers burnt paying over the odds for below average players.

Looks to me, that the club are learning from past mistakes.
All speculation mate but the fact a club record bid is on the table doesn't suggest theres nowt there to spend............

I didnt, I meant Gus as was the context of conversation.

Whilst were on him and stability though, I still think the RDF was unbelievably bad on his part. If that as the way forward how on earth did his mind get changed over 6 months. Poor leadership.

I didnt, I meant Gus as was the context of conversation.

Whilst were on him and stability though, I still think the RDF was unbelievably bad on his part. If that as the way forward how on earth did his mind get changed over 6 months. Poor leadership.
Fair enough but considering Poyets signed a new contract and been allowed to bid a club record for a player I don't think its true though.............

PDC was a change of direction but a bad choice and thankfully he put it right in time for us to stay up..

All speculation mate but the fact a club record bid is on the table doesn't suggest theres nowt there to spend............
Totally agree but, it's the contracts their offering seem to be the issue not the fee itself.

Maybe there's a limit, other clauses like relegation that Quinny talked about before he left etc, that prospective players/agents don't like.

There is a reason somewhere and I can't think of nothing else bar the contracts we offer are not enough for some.

Fair enough but considering Poyets signed a new contract and been allowed to bid a club record for a player I don't think its true though.............

PDC was a change of direction but a bad choice and thankfully he put it right in time for us to stay up..

Im a generally a fan of Short, but the RDF thing for me was terrible, it was a huge appointment and one that he must have weighed up every aspect. To then change his mind so quickly showed that he got something badly wrong at one stage or another.

I felt after Gus had signed his contract that it may appear more stable but the same old murmerings are coming from the press quotes as they were when we were in trouble.

Totally agree but, it's the contracts their offering seem to be the issue not the fee itself.

Maybe there's a limit, other clauses like relegation that Quinny talked about before he left etc, that prospective players/agents don't like.

There is a reason somewhere and I can't think of nothing else bar the contracts we offer are not enough for some.
possibly but again I think folk read too much too quickly into things.............Borini for instance it certainly cant be as he hasn't been reported until today as talking to us and its more likely his agent saying hang on you don't know what else might crawl out of the woodwork............

It was only a couple of month ago he labelled the club "rotten to the core", he has spent the last few weeks taking pops at Congerton in every interview he does. Take off your red and white blinkers and you'll be able to see what's unfurling right in front of your eyes.
There is a difference between "rotten to the core" and "rotten at the core". I don't recall him saying the club is rotten to the core, that implies everything about the club is rotten. I do recall him saying rotten at the core.His signing a new contract doesn't make sense if he believes the club is rotten to the core.

Im a generally a fan of Short, but the RDF thing for me was terrible, it was a huge appointment and one that he must have weighed up every aspect. To then change his mind so quickly showed that he got something badly wrong at one stage or another.

I felt after Gus had signed his contract that it may appear more stable but the same old murmerings are coming from the press quotes as they were when we were in trouble.
he did but with the benefit of hindsight he did do the right thing appoint the right man and we stayed up............

I tend to ignore the press they make stories out of sod all and the internet gives the slightest bit of crap credence these days..........

In the current market does one club record bid really mean anything though??
Since the new TV deals using almost all previous deals as a yardstick is almost irrelevant.

I'd say comparing ourselves to other clubs spending is also irrelevant. None of them have got themselves into a situation like we're currently in. This close season might be exceptional in terms of ins/outs but it's been coming and in clear view for a very long time. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, especially the management.
I wouldn't even compare us to southampton, who've cashed in on some incredibly lucrative deals and have the money to prove it.

possibly but again I think folk read too much too quickly into things.............Borini for instance it certainly cant be as he hasn't been reported until today as talking to us and its more likely his agent saying hang on you don't know what else might crawl out of the woodwork............

Certainly and I honestly think most of our business will be done late on because of it.

Harry redknapp is doing the same on sky, we need bodies in bla bla, we ain't the only club.

In the current market does one club record bid really mean anything though??
Since the new TV deals using almost all previous deals as a yardstick is almost irrelevant.

I'd say comparing ourselves to other clubs spending is also irrelevant. None of them have got themselves into a situation like we're currently in. This close season might be exceptional in terms of ins/outs but it's been coming and in clear view for a very long time. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, especially the management.
I wouldn't even compare us to southampton, who've cashed in on some incredibly lucrative deals and have the money to prove it.

It certainly doesn't back up those who say we wont be spending owt...............

he did but with the benefit of hindsight he did do the right thing appoint the right man and we stayed up............

I tend to ignore the press they make stories out of sod all and the internet gives the slightest bit of crap credence these days..........

Im just going of Gus's quote's, I may have be misinterpreting them but all I see is one long pointing finger and moaning session as well as the ever popular "power struggle" stuff.

Every Manager wants unlimited funds, its the nature of the beast but it shouldnt be done publicly imo.

Hopefully it will all be happy familys by deadline day and we wont get a repeat next summer.

Poyet said himself he was waiting for a struggling club to sack their manager.....Sunlund it was.....thats the reason hes here today.
Nobody knows whats going on but we all know we've blown millions on rubbish in recent years....Short has done his best to back all the managers.
Surely Poyet knew we wouldnt be spending £50m although theres a big bid in for Borini suggesting we might have £20m or more to spend....TV money and wage savings have added to this.
Media will have a field day suggesting theres been a fallout but Poyet wanted more say in transfer targets so its fair to say these targets are his....his squad might have been more or less in place if it was the DofF way...who knows.

Unless hes backed this window i reckon West ham will be in for him when they sack SA
Haven't read the whole thread so this has probably been mentioned but to play devil's advocate, his son's there, they seem fairly ambitious, they're in London where Poyet's generally based himself and is where his wife and family still live....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back