Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was ok.

Why did they suddenly stop using the traps and just start shooting to kill? Made no sense and was not explained. Apparently the dance scene from the credits was originally in the film as well. From what I've read the whole making of it was a disaster. The most exciting bits were seeing the original 3

Their core audience were 40 year old men? Really??

The fans of the original film who could make the decision whether to take their kids or not? Yes.

Instead we were told our concerns that a comedy film had to have some funny people in it, male or female, and that the trailers were utterly dire, were sexism rather than spotting what was clearly wrong with the whole enterprise.

The fans of the original film who could make the decision whether to take their kids or not? Yes.

Instead we were told our concerns that a comedy film had to have some funny people in it, male or female, and that the trailers were utterly dire, were sexism rather than spotting what was clearly wrong with the whole enterprise.
Shut your mouth you chauvinist pig.

Predicted to make a seventy million dollar loss.

Good. The most cynical negatively publicised reboot of 2016 gets exactly what it deserved. They went out of their way to antagonize what should have been their core audience.

Wow!

$70 million in the red?

Good, Milo got banned off twitter just because he gave it the bad review it apparently deserved. The only positive from that is the publicity has elevated Milo and his media platform to greater heights :cool:

prefer the originals , and I been told this is nothing compared to them

Wow!

$70 million in the red?

Good, Milo got banned off twitter just because he gave it the bad review it apparently deserved. The only positive from that is the publicity has elevated Milo and his media platform to greater heights :cool:
It cost $144 million to make and had made over $180million at the box office so far. Apparently it needs $300million to break even. It seems like a massive fiddle to me.

Saw half of it the other night. Turned it off because it was so bad. So glad I didn't pay to watch it.

They used the exact same plot, but replaced the brilliant dry wit humour with dick and fart jokes. I was willing to watch to the end but by the time Slimer and Mrs Slimer showed up I was already bored and that was the last straw and off it went.

My verdict = shite.

Noticed news about a remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels in the works now with Rebel Wilson.... Original ideas seem to be a thing of the past.

It cost $144 million to make and had made over $180million at the box office so far. Apparently it needs $300million to break even. It seems like a massive fiddle to me.

The 144 million was what the film cost. They spent a shit load more on publicity (80 to 100 million allegedly)

Pictures take a cut of the money made too

The 144 million was what the film cost. They spent a shit load more on publicity (80 to 100 million allegedly)

Pictures take a cut of the money made too
The slice cinemas get is miniscule. It's why you need to improve your credit score to afford a large popcorn on tick.

I didn't like the look of it personally so didn't bother, the Mrs and the bairn thought it looked okay.

I do think the fact it's all lasses has put a LOT off. If they had stuck say... Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd in with Wiig an McCarthy it would have pulled in £500 million easily.

Good. There's not been a film I've wanted more to fail. If you want the fans of the original movie to go and give it a go you don't insult them accusing that they're bigots, racists, misogynist etc. I don't mind women as lead characters in films at all. This whole thing was a marketing ploy from Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back