Everton fans making friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

A lot on here seem to have it in for our fanbase based on the actions of a minority who supposedly attacked some Sunderland fans a few years ago and are letting it cloud their judgement. I can't say for certain these incidents didn't happen but I can honestly say i've never seen any fan of any club ever attack women and children yet there is about 10 on here who seem to have seen it regularly when our fans come to town. Seems a bit pathetic because let's be honest, these regular incidents didn't happen did they? I think it's fashionable on internet forums to come up with this rumour that a set of fans went around attacking women and children.

I'm sure there will be a few who will be fuming at the above and won't bother even reading this part as they will be in a hurry to berate my opinion and remind me how our fanbase is scum but here is my take on events in Lille. We had a big following which was always going to be difficult for a city like Lille to handle. The night before the majority of our fans got there, the Australian Bar was attacked by locals with no warning and that was bound to get people angry and be on edge for the rest of the trip. You can see from various articles and videos that plain clothes Police started all the trouble in the square by charging in with batons to arrest one or two fans and obviously a minority of our fans let the rest of our fanbase down by hurling bottles at them and the other Police. I won't excuse the bottle throwing and I doubt many of our fans will.

Other than that there were no incidents of trouble in an estimated number of 9 or 10,000 Evertonians. With the events on the Wednesday night, I think it speaks volumes of our fanbase that the only negatives other people can find is that 4 or 5 arseholes started throwing bottles at the Police who had charged amongst them with batons.

I'm sure if Sunderland ever got to Europe you'd have no such behaviour and you'd all turn up in huge numbers and have a sing song with the locals. That is until you get randomly attacked by local thugs and the Police charge round with Batons looking for trouble.
I know of 2 occasions for fact, the widely reported incidents after the cup game & another after the 1-0 defeat at Sunderland in 2008. At that one the fans were let out at the same time & there was the usual verbals, a lass called someone a scouse c*nt or simlar so he lamped here.

All clubs have a minority of idiots so obviously you'll be the same, given you're mainly supported by scousers its no surprise that you've a higher % than most.

A lot on here seem to have it in for our fanbase based on the actions of a minority who supposedly attacked some Sunderland fans a few years ago and are letting it cloud their judgement. I can't say for certain these incidents didn't happen but I can honestly say i've never seen any fan of any club ever attack women and children yet there is about 10 on here who seem to have seen it regularly when our fans come to town. Seems a bit pathetic because let's be honest, these regular incidents didn't happen did they? I think it's fashionable on internet forums to come up with this rumour that a set of fans went around attacking women and children.

I'm sure there will be a few who will be fuming at the above and won't bother even reading this part as they will be in a hurry to berate my opinion and remind me how our fanbase is scum but here is my take on events in Lille. We had a big following which was always going to be difficult for a city like Lille to handle. The night before the majority of our fans got there, the Australian Bar was attacked by locals with no warning and that was bound to get people angry and be on edge for the rest of the trip. You can see from various articles and videos that plain clothes Police started all the trouble in the square by charging in with batons to arrest one or two fans and obviously a minority of our fans let the rest of our fanbase down by hurling bottles at them and the other Police. I won't excuse the bottle throwing and I doubt many of our fans will.

Other than that there were no incidents of trouble in an estimated number of 9 or 10,000 Evertonians. With the events on the Wednesday night, I think it speaks volumes of our fanbase that the only negatives other people can find is that 4 or 5 arseholes started throwing bottles at the Police who had charged amongst them with batons.

I'm sure if Sunderland ever got to Europe you'd have no such behaviour and you'd all turn up in huge numbers and have a sing song with the locals. That is until you get randomly attacked by local thugs and the Police charge round with Batons looking for trouble.

Well said, although you're wasting your time fella.

If someone on here said EFC fans were tipping people out of wheelchairs, the rest will believe it and will also have seen it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back