Everton fans making friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

gipetto

Striker
in France:

On a side note, notice the Everton flags. If it was us over there it would be awash with St. george's crosses and the French would be wondering if they were playing the English national side.

Club > Country

Seeing that clip in isolation doesn't really tell us what has happened. Everton fans have been drinking, being a bit boisterous and the police have tear gassed them. Whether the Everton fans did more than that before that clip started we don't know. Eye witnesses have said it escalated for no reason.

Seeing that clip in isolation doesn't really tell us what has happened. Everton fans have been drinking, being a bit boisterous and the police have tear gassed them. Whether the Everton fans did more than that before that clip started we don't know. Eye witnesses have said it escalated for no reason.
A doorman for the bar, who said the attack had been unprovoked and suggested the group instigating it consisted of up to 100 people, told the Liverpool Echo: “In the evening they (the Everton fans) watched the Liverpool (v Real Madrid) game and towards the end of that match it happened. It was bad.

“The Lille hooligans just appeared from the Place Louise de Bettignies across the road, from a side street, and just ran at the pub.

“There were some Everton fans outside smoking and they got caught cold.

“The hooligans picked up chairs we had stacked up outside and attacked them, while others used them to smash windows and try to get inside.

“We had to try and stop the Everton supporters inside from getting out to help because it would have got far worse. I went out to try and drag them in.

“I saw one older English guy being punched by about three Lille hooligans. His face was bleeding badly. I am so sorry for what happened.”

A doorman for the bar, who said the attack had been unprovoked and suggested the group instigating it consisted of up to 100 people, told the Liverpool Echo: “In the evening they (the Everton fans) watched the Liverpool (v Real Madrid) game and towards the end of that match it happened. It was bad.

“The Lille hooligans just appeared from the Place Louise de Bettignies across the road, from a side street, and just ran at the pub.

“There were some Everton fans outside smoking and they got caught cold.

“The hooligans picked up chairs we had stacked up outside and attacked them, while others used them to smash windows and try to get inside.

“We had to try and stop the Everton supporters inside from getting out to help because it would have got far worse. I went out to try and drag them in.

“I saw one older English guy being punched by about three Lille hooligans. His face was bleeding badly. I am so sorry for what happened.”
Three beating up one old guy eh? The French have always been cowards.

Three beating up one old guy eh? The French have always been cowards.
A bit more sounds like the French police acting like cunts too

Regarding the French police, the doorman added: “Some of the Everton fans were trying to explain. They were saying ’there are children inside’ but the police were swearing at them and wouldn’t listen.

“I saw them spray one Everton fan for no reason. He was just trying to reason with them.”

Football hooliganism is good though! I read it on the battle of bath lane thread on here!

Utter nonsense...

What were they doing, bouncing up and down offering out women holding their kids hands?

I don't think so...
Pretty much my thoughts to be honest. Some people just like talking shite to dramatise a situation!

They were starting with women and bairns the night of the quarter final replay. Arseholes.
Utter shite!

Lille is a great little city. Horrific to see it in that state. The Everton fans chucking bottles about are just scum, no two ways about it.

Utter nonsense...

What were they doing, bouncing up and down offering out women holding their kids hands?

I don't think so...

Were you there?

They were pelted with tear gas I wonder how thousands of our pissed up fans would react ? Sit down over a cup of tea

To be fair mate we'd have probably been partying with the French fans, necking on with their lasses and integrating well by absorbing all their culture has to offer.

Seems to me like Lille police made it clear ticket less fans not allowed, 8000 ignored it (there own supporters spokesperson said 18000 there) and then wonder why the police acted.

There are rules, and there are consequences

Seems to me like Lille police made it clear ticket less fans not allowed, 8000 ignored it (there own supporters spokesperson said 18000 there) and then wonder why the police acted.

There are rules, and there are consequences
How can the police stop people from travelling without tickets :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back