Everton fans making friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point of this thread is curious. Even if a few Everton fans were idiots one time, most of them are good as gold all the time so how does that justify what the notoriously heavy handed Belgian police have done? Even the Belgian bar owner stated is was Lille fans who started the whole thing unprovoked....

Point of this thread is curious. Even if a few Everton fans were idiots one time, most of them are good as gold all the time so how does that justify what the notoriously heavy handed Belgian police have done? Even the Belgian bar owner stated is was Lille fans who started the whole thing unprovoked....
It wasn't just1 incident with Everton, I remember one of them smacking a lass after a game here when Keane was in charge.

Smacking lasses isn't something I've encountered with other sets of fans.

Wondered why this thread had so many posts. Of course though, that wanker Jardine being a complete tit again.

It wasn't just1 incident with Everton, I remember one of them smacking a lass after a game here when Keane was in charge.

Smacking lasses isn't something I've encountered with other sets of fans.
I seen one eat a hamster before think it was when we drew with them 2-2 in 1990 lad just walked into the pet shop next to the Roker end opened the cage and one bite gone

I seen one eat a hamster before think it was when we drew with them 2-2 in 1990 lad just walked into the pet shop next to the Roker end opened the cage and one bite gone
Close enough to a rat I suppose.:cool:

Surrender monkeys
The French had 1.1 million men at the start of WW2 and they surrendered when the Germans threatened to flatten Paris, of course they then went on to all be heroes in the Resistance.

the birth rate in occupied Paris actually went up after all the Frenchmen had been shipped out to PoW camps, says a lot about their ladies anarl.

What were they doing In Belgium?

Everton fans have always looked for bother. A well known fact.
It's not at all. I've been to stacks of games home and away v Everton and never seen any bother.

In fact in the hundreds of games I've been to over the last few decades I can't recall ever being involved in anything approaching bother. I've never gone looking for it, but I've never gone out of my way to avoid it. Baffles me how some folk on here seem to get into it time and again (if their craic is to be believed).

A lot on here seem to have it in for our fanbase based on the actions of a minority who supposedly attacked some Sunderland fans a few years ago and are letting it cloud their judgement. I can't say for certain these incidents didn't happen but I can honestly say i've never seen any fan of any club ever attack women and children yet there is about 10 on here who seem to have seen it regularly when our fans come to town. Seems a bit pathetic because let's be honest, these regular incidents didn't happen did they? I think it's fashionable on internet forums to come up with this rumour that a set of fans went around attacking women and children.

I'm sure there will be a few who will be fuming at the above and won't bother even reading this part as they will be in a hurry to berate my opinion and remind me how our fanbase is scum but here is my take on events in Lille. We had a big following which was always going to be difficult for a city like Lille to handle. The night before the majority of our fans got there, the Australian Bar was attacked by locals with no warning and that was bound to get people angry and be on edge for the rest of the trip. You can see from various articles and videos that plain clothes Police started all the trouble in the square by charging in with batons to arrest one or two fans and obviously a minority of our fans let the rest of our fanbase down by hurling bottles at them and the other Police. I won't excuse the bottle throwing and I doubt many of our fans will.

Other than that there were no incidents of trouble in an estimated number of 9 or 10,000 Evertonians. With the events on the Wednesday night, I think it speaks volumes of our fanbase that the only negatives other people can find is that 4 or 5 arseholes started throwing bottles at the Police who had charged amongst them with batons.

I'm sure if Sunderland ever got to Europe you'd have no such behaviour and you'd all turn up in huge numbers and have a sing song with the locals. That is until you get randomly attacked by local thugs and the Police charge round with Batons looking for trouble.

It's not at all. I've been to stacks of games home and away v Everton and never seen any bother.

In fact in the hundreds of games I've been to over the last few decades I can't recall ever being involved in anything approaching bother. I've never gone looking for it, but I've never gone out of my way to avoid it. Baffles me how some folk on here seem to get into it time and again (if their craic is to be believed).

Boxing day down there (5-0) saw fighting near the away end. The night match we won on pens down there there there was a pretty big fight towards the pub nearest goodison. Dunno which game but there is also youtube vids of bother before the game between both sets of fans (it ends with our lot legging it).

Edit: There id also a vid on youtube of Everton fans starting on folk just walking away from the sol (mainly families and knackers in footy tops).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back