Everton and their fondness of SAFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
On holiday last week, met some Everton fans (albeit smashed in a bar in Ibiza)
Anyway I got talking to them as you do and football was brought up. That said understanding a scouser sober is hard enough let alone being inebriated.
Mad Everton fans and when I said I was SAFC fan they loved it and have utmost respect for our fans and club.
In their words we were "their second team" and "ask any Everton fan and they'll say the same"
I for one like Everton as a club and would regard them as a second club.
Is what they were saying true and what was the reason; wandered if it's Peter Reid but either way was news to me
They probably empathise.
Liverpool have got all the headlines and plaudits and Everton are (have been ) largely forgotten by the media.

aye :lol:

this has nowt to do with safc. everton are always stated to have spent little, your figures prove otherwise.

one player for that money puts everton in a different league now and they should be criticised/praised on the results produced
They brought in £40m on sales last season and only spent around half on that they do buy but there's usually a sale behind it they're a very well ran club when it comes to buying/selling

They went around 3 seasons not long ago not spending a penny on a player :lol:

They brought in £40m on sales last season and only spent around half on that they do buy but there's usually a sale behind it they're a very well ran club when it comes to buying/selling

They went around 3 seasons not long ago not spending a penny on a player :lol:
Essentially confirming what you said
By my poor arithmetic they have a negative net spend for the past 4 seasons including lukaku
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/everton-transfers.html

Hate Everton me. Prefer Liverpool fans. Everton think they're nick better and bigger than they are.

Liverpool fans are always tarred with the label of being scum but Everton are far worse in my experience

I used to think the exact opposite of that, however recently I've become inclined to completely agree with you.

My mothers a scouser so the Toffees are my second team - Everton have always played 2nd fiddle to Liverpool but still manage to play good football and keep up with the big boys.

Sadly I was joking and I agree with you and in fact I told a mag mate about it who pointed out the exact same thing.
I'm not sure their fondness of us as a club would be drawn as a similarity of our inferiority within the region though,
They've had their day over Liverpool as we have over the mags

They hold us in high regard? They were pricks at the final IMO

These are the new shiny bright fans straight out of the packaging I think. At the final I witnessed our lads walking around with all manner of old tops on and yet a great majority of Citeh fans had their latest top on. City fans always seemed to be ok in comparison with their Manc rivals ('cept for the two that threatened to stab me and my mate in the Kippax in the '73 cup match! :eek:

Some of their lot went on like a right bunch of arrogant bastards before the game down there last year (Ki pen), they hadn't lost a home game in a year and were going to smash us 6-0 :rolleyes: you'd think supporting Everton would give them some perspective eh?

A minority of dickheads imho might be the reason for some comments. I saw Everton fans bring chased around the city centre last time we played them so it's not one way traffic.

I've got a good mate who bleeds blue if you cut him and have had nothing but good times and good craic when I've been down to Goodison and vice versa him up here.

There's always nobheads in any large crowds but bollocks to them.

I think the two sets of supporters share the same general traits. 2 proud clubs, passionate support and away from football politically and socially aligned.

The thing that grates with Newcastle is the self appointed 'greatest fans in the world' tag.

Sadly I was joking and I agree with you and in fact I told a mag mate about it who pointed out the exact same thing.
I'm not sure their fondness of us as a club would be drawn as a similarity of our inferiority within the region though,

I was being a bit cheeky suggesting that they always beat us which is why they like us, and as we always beat Man City, we like them... (was a bit of a stretch I admit).

How so? All the lads I met were decent. Far more so than any over set Ive come accross.

Always felt that SAFC and Arsenal fans got on well, not sure about Everton. Whenever I've been to a game at the sol against them they've tended to infuriate me to be honest.

Not true

Too smashed and knew a wouldn't understand a detailed answer

Only away game where I've been physically threatened with violence. I've nothing against them as a club but don't try and tell me they're fond of us. I bet we barely register on their radar.

To this day I had no idea who scored for us :lol:. I remember Mcshane putting in an absolute dog shit performance, and my dad trying to get onto the pitch to have a go at the players.

I remember Paul McShane being directly at fault for 5 of their 7 goals that day. Possibly, one of the worst defensive displays I've seen - He made David Luiz's performance against Germany seem solid.

Disagree with the OP, Everton fans I've spoken to have been typical scousers... (Annoying, arrogant twats).

Their fans were stereotypical scouse scum when they came up for the FA cup game, I'll give the love in a miss if you don't mind.
Was going to post, the wankers who were pushing and shoving blokes with kids before the cup replay didn't have a respect or like for us. Bunch of horrible ***** imo and often hear them singing red and white shite at us at their place. Second team? one of my most disliked tbh.

spoke to a number of everton fans over the years and they seemed spot on, liked our club and couldnt stand the mags up the road. One thing which kinda spoilt it was how horrendous some of their lot were when they beat us in the cup under O'neil, their fans atmosphere wise was class however some of them outside starting fights etc was shocing, however cant really condemm them all for a small minority of arseholes...same with any set of fans really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back