Everton and their fondness of SAFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just going to say that, two seasons running while going towards where the coaches park alongside the baths a few have been complete arseholes. Mind I guess all clubs have them, but they were trying to kick off with kids

I was on about by the Bob Stokoe statue :lol:

I didn't even know there was bother over the other side as well.

I didn't realise, sorry :oops: but yes there were a few going on stupid by the buses too, knackers

I wasn't taking the piss or owt, I just wasn't aware that there was bother on both sides of the stadium. Bunch of arseholes from what I've witnessed over the last few years.

Having read your posts on this topic, you seem to have some bizarre hatred for us. We have a larger minority of badly behaved fans than most clubs in England due to the fact that we have a big following. We are no worse than similar sized clubs though like Man City, Spurs etc. We are from one of the biggest cities in England which means that a lot of people from those places such as Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool etc have their fair share of scum.

What I find odd is that you seem to have labeled us as a fanbase that likes to cause trouble. Have you got any evidence of that? Because in recent times especially i've seen fans of Newcastle, Man United, Leeds, Liverpool, Millwall and West Ham all disgrace themselves on a few occasions and I can't remember anything that outrageous that we've done.

We've also been to Europe and never caused any major trouble when other fans have.

On the subject of the feeling between the two clubs. I don't think either of us has a particular bond or fondness but it's obvious that we prefer you far more than Newcastle, and your fans the same with us rather than Liverpool. Despite the obvious reasons, i'd say the behaviour of both sets of fans (barring a few isolated incidents) is a good reason for that respect we both have. I could pick out a few things Newcastle and Liverpool fans have been in the media for. Can't think of anything major our two sets of fans have done.

You find it odd, mate, but it's a fact that Everton are a set of fans who like to get in yer face at Sunderland and at your place. I personally once had tickets for your end Boxing Day when you beat us 5 nowt, courtesy of the Father of a lass I was seeing who was a scout at Everton. Going to collect the tickets I had about 15 of the Everton lot around me: "here's one of them 'ere" going in for a spot of bullying. I was with a 50 yer arld bloke.

I lived in the North West, mate, and knew both Everton and Liverpool Scouse fans who I considered to be very good company, but that doesn't change the fact that Everton have proven themselves to have a larger percentage of dickheads than most clubs when playing Sunderland. They do it every time we play you in some shape or form. There aren't many clubs who you can say that at some point you will bump into a gang of idiots guaranteed whenever we play you.

The next time that these hundreds of Everton fans go around hitting women and children from behind, can someone please film it for the benefit of those who think it's an absolute load of bollocks, cheers.

Last edited:
My experiences of Goodison aren't that good. In 1977 yes, the Coventry debacle, before the game we had bother in a pub when the Scousers were acting like twats and got twatted
Everton came across the pitch before kick off. They stopped at the penalty spot, can you remember that ?
We showed them our arses.
At the end of the game, there was loads of bother, you might imagine what we were like, tbh Everton ran that night. They ran at the top of Stanley Park and they ran in the park when they mobbed up.
I know they can be nasty. I was followed by Lads with scaffy poles. Nowt to do with footy.

I've been 4 times in all never felt a friendship.
Feck em

On holiday last week, met some Everton fans (albeit smashed in a bar in Ibiza)
Anyway I got talking to them as you do and football was brought up. That said understanding a scouser sober is hard enough let alone being inebriated.
Mad Everton fans and when I said I was SAFC fan they loved it and have utmost respect for our fans and club.
In their words we were "their second team" and "ask any Everton fan and they'll say the same"
I for one like Everton as a club and would regard them as a second club.
Is what they were saying true and what was the reason; wandered if it's Peter Reid but either way was news to me
hmmm

Alan Stubbs dislikes this post

Top post mate, and can't disagree. Think Everton get tagged with the media 'Scouse' banner carried by your neighbours ( who no fucker likes BTW! ). As you say, every club has it's elements, and probably us as much as you, but I've always looked on EFC as I'd hoped we'd be looked upon. A 'Proper' club with fans who seriously care about not just results but how we're portrayed. Again, we have elements, but overall, my club make me proud to be a part of them, and that'll never change. We have a passion for our club, as do you, and however bad our season is ( it's generally dire BTW! ), we turn up in massive numbers because we care hugely, pretty much like you. Hate the LFC menatallity of 'We deserve because we are', prefer the more humble feel of EFC.

That's how I see it too to be honest. It's quite a coincidence since I mentioned these two the other day, but there's pictures flying round of West Ham and Newcastle fighting each other in Germany. I see them both as far worse than us.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/west-ham-fans-newcastle-fans-fighting-germany-reports/

Can't deny we have a minority that let the club down and it's a shame it's happened on our recent visits to the SOL.

Anyway I got talking to them as you do and football was brought up. That said understanding a scouser sober is hard enough let alone being inebriated.
Mad Everton fans and when I said I was SAFC fan they loved it and have utmost respect for our fans and club.
In their words we were "their second team" and "ask any Everton fan and they'll say the same"
Is what they were saying true and what was the reason; wandered if it's Peter Reid but either way was news to me

Given their results against us over the last 12 years or so then why wouldn't we be their "second team?"

Think it was the drink talking.

Everton fans find us as insignificant as Coventry City

Think it was the drink talking.

Everton fans find us as insignificant as Coventry City
I don't think it's something you can necessarily generalise
There will be a mix of opinion towards sunderland from Everton fans as with every club but these lads in particular were adamant that they were fans of our club and supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back