Everton and their fondness of SAFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always felt that SAFC and Arsenal fans got on well, not sure about Everton. Whenever I've been to a game at the sol against them they've tended to infuriate me to be honest.
Always feel like cockneys are condescending of North East clubs and don't really like any London based clubs

Eh?

You said we'd cause bother if we went away in large numbers one step from Wembley, I disproved that theory.
On top of that, we've taken 5-7k to both Anfield and Goodison for cup games and not caused an ounce of bother. I once went to a Zenith Data Systems Cup game at Goodison in circa 89/90, and they were at it then ffs. We only had about 200 there that night!

You look on any forum of any other Premier League club and see the amount of threads on Everton and their 'great' support. They are disliked across the country because of their inferiority complex.

Having read your posts on this topic, you seem to have some bizarre hatred for us. We have a larger minority of badly behaved fans than most clubs in England due to the fact that we have a big following. We are no worse than similar sized clubs though like Man City, Spurs etc. We are from one of the biggest cities in England which means that a lot of people from those places such as Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool etc have their fair share of scum.

What I find odd is that you seem to have labeled us as a fanbase that likes to cause trouble. Have you got any evidence of that? Because in recent times especially i've seen fans of Newcastle, Man United, Leeds, Liverpool, Millwall and West Ham all disgrace themselves on a few occasions and I can't remember anything that outrageous that we've done.

We've also been to Europe and never caused any major trouble when other fans have.

On the subject of the feeling between the two clubs. I don't think either of us has a particular bond or fondness but it's obvious that we prefer you far more than Newcastle, and your fans the same with us rather than Liverpool. Despite the obvious reasons, i'd say the behaviour of both sets of fans (barring a few isolated incidents) is a good reason for that respect we both have. I could pick out a few things Newcastle and Liverpool fans have been in the media for. Can't think of anything major our two sets of fans have done.

I always used to like Everton for no other reason than the Archibald Leitch criss cross pattern on their stand was the same as Roker. Hardly logical, but then with football, what is...?

Having read your posts on this topic, you seem to have some bizarre hatred for us. We have a larger minority of badly behaved fans than most clubs in England due to the fact that we have a big following. We are no worse than similar sized clubs though like Man City, Spurs etc. We are from one of the biggest cities in England which means that a lot of people from those places such as Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool etc have their fair share of scum.

What I find odd is that you seem to have labeled us as a fanbase that likes to cause trouble. Have you got any evidence of that? Because in recent times especially i've seen fans of Newcastle, Man United, Leeds, Liverpool, Millwall and West Ham all disgrace themselves on a few occasions and I can't remember anything that outrageous that we've done.

We've also been to Europe and never caused any major trouble when other fans have.

On the subject of the feeling between the two clubs. I don't think either of us has a particular bond or fondness but it's obvious that we prefer you far more than Newcastle, and your fans the same with us rather than Liverpool. Despite the obvious reasons, i'd say the behaviour of both sets of fans (barring a few isolated incidents) is a good reason for that respect we both have. I could pick out a few things Newcastle and Liverpool fans have been in the media for. Can't think of anything major our two sets of fans have done.

Its not bizarre at all, its quite simple and clear cut for me. My dislike for your lot is based on what I have seen over the years (regularly going away since 1988) I've seen your lot kick off so many times, as I stated earlier in the thread even at a ZDS Cup game where one prick pulled a stanley knife on a bloke old enough to be his granda. I dont think I've ever been to Goodison where I havent seen some form of violence from your lot, usually a group (rarely kids by the way) having snidey digs from behind against 'normal' fans.

Theres not a club in the land that like you lot, you have a reputation of being racists and have won many 'awards' to back this up, and most of your fans live in the 80's. Football and society has moved on, Everton havent.

Its not bizarre at all, its quite simple and clear cut for me. My dislike for your lot is based on what I have seen over the years (regularly going away since 1988) I've seen your lot kick off so many times, as I stated earlier in the thread even at a ZDS Cup game where one prick pulled a stanley knife on a bloke old enough to be his granda. I dont think I've ever been to Goodison where I havent seen some form of violence from your lot, usually a group (rarely kids by the way) having snidey digs from behind against 'normal' fans.

Theres not a club in the land that like you lot, you have a reputation of being racists and have won many 'awards' to back this up, and most of your fans live in the 80's. Football and society has moved on, Everton havent.

Still no proof though other than isolated incidents?

You're making out we're one of the worst behaved fans in the land when there is little to no evidence to back it up. As I said, lets have a look at a few other set of fans behaviour even in recent seasons.

Newcastle - went to Wigan and wrecked a local league game and trashed the goalposts etc. Kicked off in the City Centre and fought with Police at the Derby.

Liverpool - too many to mention but just a few - throwing shit at Man United fans at Anfield, throwing flares at them from above at Old Trafford, constant bricking of coaches that visit Anfield. Robbing their own fans at Athens. Rocking Alan Smith's ambulance.

Millwall - Kicked off at Wembley against Wigan, Violence on the pitch at West Ham.

What have we done?

Also, I can't see how you come to the conclusion that no club in the land likes us :lol:. Even if they didn't, I wouldn't be too bothered about it.

Their fans were stereotypical scouse scum when they came up for the FA cup game, I'll give the love in a miss if you don't mind.
They were spot on when we went there for 1st leg
Got chatting with a fair few at ours for replay & they were fine
They brought around 7000 & a fair few had been up early on the piss
Always a few scratters spoil it for the rest

You're making out we're one of the worst behaved fans in the land when there is little to no evidence to back it up. As I said, lets have a look at a few other set of fans behaviour even in recent seasons.

Newcastle - went to Wigan and wrecked a local league game and trashed the goalposts etc. Kicked off in the City Centre and fought with Police at the Derby.

Liverpool - too many to mention but just a few - throwing shit at Man United fans at Anfield, throwing flares at them from above at Old Trafford, constant bricking of coaches that visit Anfield. Robbing their own fans at Athens. Rocking Alan Smith's ambulance.

Millwall - Kicked off at Wembley against Wigan, Violence on the pitch at West Ham.

What have we done?

Also, I can't see how you come to the conclusion that no club in the land likes us :lol:. Even if they didn't, I wouldn't be too bothered about it.

Sorry about the lack of proof, didnt generally take my camera on away trips and certainly didnt think I'd need to provide proof 25 years later to someone on an internet forum!

I can only base my, as you put it, 'bizarre hatred' for EFC from what I have experienced and witnessed over the past 25 years or so. Been to about 70 different grounds, many on multiple occasions, your lot, are by far the worst I have come across. Whether its been at Goodison or at Roker or SoL, when your lot are around theres always violence of some sort and generally against 'normal' fans.

Used to like Everton as bairn but thats about it.

Their fans were tits at the cup game a couple of seasons back.

During last season on there forum they were supporting us... Also were really nice to the SAFC fans who went to stop ILoveKI :lol:

Also after we raised that money there forum were saying how they always liked us :lol:

Tbf I met some liverpool fans in Tenerife last week who go home and away (one has the flag in the kop with the 5 trophys on it) and they couldnt of been nicer about us as a club

What have we done?

I have to agree with you mate opinion based on opinion not fact

Sorry about the lack of proof, didnt generally take my camera on away trips and certainly didnt think I'd need to provide proof 25 years later to someone on an internet forum!

I can only base my, as you put it, 'bizarre hatred' for EFC from what I have experienced and witnessed over the past 25 years or so. Been to about 70 different grounds, many on multiple occasions, your lot, are by far the worst I have come across. Whether its been at Goodison or at Roker or SoL, when your lot are around theres always violence of some sort and generally against 'normal' fans.

Fair enough then. Shame that you experienced that with our fans. Can't argue with you if that's what you have seen.

The thing I will disagree on is that we are the worst (barring what you say you have seen). Fans of other clubs have been in the media far more than our lot ever have, none more so than our neighbours.

Yeah I would say Sunderland are the team I like to see do well outside of my own club, your a proper football club with decent fans who stay loyal to the team got to respect that In the premier league era. From other fans forums I read we seem to get good views as being a proper club with proper fans, supporter as a chairman and not like the glory hunting bells across the park but I agree we will have our dickheads as does every fan base, a QPR fan stabbed one of ours outside goodison but I wouldn't tarnish all QPR fans with the same brush as one arse hole.

On Newcastle I can't stand them, think they are a bigger club despite us being much more successful and even in their pinnacle years of the 90 's as shite as we were then we still won more trophies than them. If stadium size made a clubs size I suppose they should go tell Juventus they are a small club!

Also to add to efc ' s point about us and the kopites, theirs a well known story on Merseyside in the 80's of a good few of our fans playing footie in the street with coppers in Europe just 2 weeks before that lot committed heysel, seeing us unfairly banned from Europe at the height of our power resulting in our top players leaving, that day effectively ended the "friendly derby" would be like Utd doing the same and city losing their best players and sheikh mansour selling up they cost us big time on top of poor management at board level it has to be said.

Fair enough then. Shame that you experienced that with our fans. Can't argue with you if that's what you have seen.

The thing I will disagree on is that we are the worst (barring what you say you have seen). Fans of other clubs have been in the media far more than our lot ever have, none more so than our neighbours.
Only trouble I've seen in the last so many years walkin to the ground was Everton fans takin pot shots at young'uns and then jumpin back in their mini-bus and f***ing off.

you get prize haters on all of these boards mate.
most people go to games to enjoy the game and day out, hatred not entering their head.
others wake up every morning seething about some nonsensical/trivial matter and channel it into whatever seems appropriate at the time.
properly had a bad upbringing, single parent thing.
who knows, feel sorry for the poor sods in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back