Everton and their fondness of SAFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
you get prize haters on all of these boards mate.
most people go to games to enjoy the game and day out, hatred not entering their head.
others wake up every morning seething about some nonsensical/trivial matter and channel it into whatever seems appropriate at the time.
properly had a bad upbringing, single parent thing.
who knows, feel sorry for the poor sods in all honesty.
Some a little overly critical like I don't mind Everton at all and as pointed out think you can draw a few similarities between our clubs

Some of their lot went on like a right bunch of arrogant bastards before the game down there last year (Ki pen), they hadn't lost a home game in a year and were going to smash us 6-0 :rolleyes: you'd think supporting Everton would give them some perspective eh?

Really?

I came out and two separate Everton supporters congratulated me on the win, said we deserved it and that our fans were unreal (Which we were that day)

I also overheard one Everton fan say "I hope these stay up, proper football club Sunderland" made me smile.

most people go to games to enjoy the game and day out, hatred not entering their head.
others wake up every morning seething about some nonsensical/trivial matter and channel it into whatever seems appropriate at the time.

I take it you saw the way they carried on at our place the last few visits then?

when they came to roker their so called lads really bricked it regular that walk from seaburn station maybe revenge by oldies for those days maybe not .... nowdays that fa cup game at ours was nasty outside ground and at theirs walking back to pool center ok its a few but fews enough in my opinion its all about drink if they are pissed up it happens if not pissed up its ok normally . the fa cup game they must have drank all day on way to sol that was why so many scraps outside ..everton though normally ok but these events did happen fact .

:eek: what's wrong with single parents?

Im on about the 'John Hall era' if you like, they were signing Shearer for 15m and we had only just broke the 1m barrier. They were new well backed pretenders to the title throne and we were the unfashionable, passionate underdogs. The whole nation wanted us to get one over on them whenever we played.

You don't half talk some shite.....:lol:

Having read your posts on this topic, you seem to have some bizarre hatred for us. We have a larger minority of badly behaved fans than most clubs in England due to the fact that we have a big following. We are no worse than similar sized clubs though like Man City, Spurs etc. We are from one of the biggest cities in England which means that a lot of people from those places such as Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool etc have their fair share of scum.

What I find odd is that you seem to have labeled us as a fanbase that likes to cause trouble. Have you got any evidence of that? Because in recent times especially i've seen fans of Newcastle, Man United, Leeds, Liverpool, Millwall and West Ham all disgrace themselves on a few occasions and I can't remember anything that outrageous that we've done.

We've also been to Europe and never caused any major trouble when other fans have.

On the subject of the feeling between the two clubs. I don't think either of us has a particular bond or fondness but it's obvious that we prefer you far more than Newcastle, and your fans the same with us rather than Liverpool. Despite the obvious reasons, i'd say the behaviour of both sets of fans (barring a few isolated incidents) is a good reason for that respect we both have. I could pick out a few things Newcastle and Liverpool fans have been in the media for. Can't think of anything major our two sets of fans have done.

This

Isolated incidents always occur. If you are unfortunate to be a victim of an 'isolated' incident I guess you will always have a dislike for the supporters of the club involved.

A lot of people responding to the original post have very little evidence ( I reckon) of continued bad behaviour although I guess if you are unfortunate to be on the end of one you'll never forget it.

The skunks are the worst

The 50 odd lads we escaped a pasting from in a bar of theirs on boxing day didnt seem overly fond of us.

Set of tramps can fuck off for me.

A handful of idiots out of 6k every club has their morons in drink even ours
More than a handful imo and I don't hear of fans of most other clubs blind-siding innocent match goers but I agree that not every Everton fan is a nob. Everton's arseholes just happen to be a higher (lower) level to most other clubs, again imo.

I don't mind them to be honest. Their away fans, mostly the younger generation are gobshites, but I've seen loads of wankers from our lot going to games, you can't judge them
all on the few idiots.

I know a few toffee fans and I know a lot of them aren't arsed about us, although they admit they prefer us over the Mags.

Having read your posts on this topic, you seem to have some bizarre hatred for us. We have a larger minority of badly behaved fans than most clubs in England due to the fact that we have a big following. We are no worse than similar sized clubs though like Man City, Spurs etc. We are from one of the biggest cities in England which means that a lot of people from those places such as Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool etc have their fair share of scum.

What I find odd is that you seem to have labeled us as a fanbase that likes to cause trouble. Have you got any evidence of that? Because in recent times especially i've seen fans of Newcastle, Man United, Leeds, Liverpool, Millwall and West Ham all disgrace themselves on a few occasions and I can't remember anything that outrageous that we've done.

We've also been to Europe and never caused any major trouble when other fans have.

On the subject of the feeling between the two clubs. I don't think either of us has a particular bond or fondness but it's obvious that we prefer you far more than Newcastle, and your fans the same with us rather than Liverpool. Despite the obvious reasons, i'd say the behaviour of both sets of fans (barring a few isolated incidents) is a good reason for that respect we both have. I could pick out a few things Newcastle and Liverpool fans have been in the media for. Can't think of anything major our two sets of fans have done.
Top post mate, and can't disagree. Think Everton get tagged with the media 'Scouse' banner carried by your neighbours ( who no fucker likes BTW! ). As you say, every club has it's elements, and probably us as much as you, but I've always looked on EFC as I'd hoped we'd be looked upon. A 'Proper' club with fans who seriously care about not just results but how we're portrayed. Again, we have elements, but overall, my club make me proud to be a part of them, and that'll never change. We have a passion for our club, as do you, and however bad our season is ( it's generally dire BTW! ), we turn up in massive numbers because we care hugely, pretty much like you. Hate the LFC menatallity of 'We deserve because we are', prefer the more humble feel of EFC.

Their fans were stereotypical scouse scum when they came up for the FA cup game, I'll give the love in a miss if you don't mind.

Wasn't there a bit of bother outside of the Colliery Tavern when that Cup game was on? Iirc. Was there when they were shouting "red and white shite" but came away.

That's nice.

My view on Everton fans is that whilst they're not quite as bad as their red neighbours, they're still a bunch of scouse c unts........

On holiday last week, met some Everton fans (albeit smashed in a bar in Ibiza)
Anyway I got talking to them as you do and football was brought up. That said understanding a scouser sober is hard enough let alone being inebriated.
Mad Everton fans and when I said I was SAFC fan they loved it and have utmost respect for our fans and club.
In their words we were "their second team" and "ask any Everton fan and they'll say the same"
I for one like Everton as a club and would regard them as a second club.
Is what they were saying true and what was the reason; wandered if it's Peter Reid but either way was news to me

Did you suck him off after that?

The last few home games after the match against them there's been scrapping outside the stadium.
Was just going to say that, two seasons running while going towards where the coaches park alongside the baths a few have been complete arseholes. Mind I guess all clubs have them, but they were trying to kick off with kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back