Don't call me the Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can understand him being frustrated as we need a quality creative midfielder and some pace out wide. Also a centre half under 30 who has a bit pace.

From the outside no different when Di Canio was making similar comments on player choices.

Call me old school but this DOF shit rarely works.
One voice, the Manager needs to be in control.
Live and die by the sword.

So the rest of the world is wrong then in thinking that it does?

Many of Sunderland's recent problems have been because we had managers who blew large sums of money on players that were just not good enough. If every manager was good enough to manage both the transfer policy & the coaching & tactics then fair enough but in reality there are probably less than half a dozen in this country that are & unless a manager is guaranteed a minimum length of time in charge his approach is almost always going to be to fund short term signings rather than plan for a couple of seasons in to the future.

Par for the course really, another Sunderland manager blaming somebody else, spouting shite instead of getting on with the job in hand. He's as bad as Bruce and PDC.

This, we could have someone that's just gets on with the shit provided, I can't fathom out some Sunderland supporters, they moan like fuck about the poor players we have, then moan when we have someone that's asking for better quality players, those type we'd all like to see signed, what the fucks wrong with these moaning little cunts, make you f***ing minds up!! ..:evil:
is the only way gus can get a message to short through the media like?.

On the one hand I don't mind him using the media as leverage with the club if it gets us better players; on the other hand some of the comments are a little personal and may piss the players concerned off needlessly e.g. Fletcher isn't fast, Johnson hasn't got stamina, (or words to that effect),etc etc - I'm not sure he should be coming out with the specifics in public...

Why constantly moan about the way the club is run, I'm sure the title of his role and the owners expectations were clearly set out on the contract he was happy to sign?
Personally speaking it seems to me he goes into self preservation mode at the first hint of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back