Don't call me the Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. Sure a Brighton fan said this would happen. I like Poyet and can see what he is trying to do but when he winges about creativity its him who sets us up this way. He has options. Does he have to take off arguably our most creative player week in week out? Why play Wickham out on the left when Alvarez is back, why persist with a shit striker who can't score?
If you have no say in transfers then why are Buckley and Bridcutt( don't mind this lad) here?
It's Derby week, could do without our manager moaning and having a pop at the players and recruitment in public.

Our problem is that we do not have the quality to take our chances. It's got nothing to do with the way that the team is set up.

I'm wondering about the way in which he is saying this so publicly is a cause for concern? Is he at the end of his tether?

He is using quite strong words which perhaps are not entirely true when you consider he must have had a say bringing Bridcutt and Buckley in.

Also any impact on players just before the deby who are constantly being reminded they are not good enough.

Haway SAFC show some unity!!!

I am. Sure a Brighton fan said this would happen. I like Poyet and can see what he is trying to do but when he winges about creativity its him who sets us up this way. He has options. Does he have to take off arguably our most creative player week in week out? Why play Wickham out on the left when Alvarez is back, why persist with a shit striker who can't score?
If you have no say in transfers then why are Buckley and Bridcutt( don't mind this lad) here?
It's Derby week, could do without our manager moaning and having a pop at the players and recruitment in public.
Completely agree.
Telling your players that they have limited ability in any week, let alone a derby week, is stupid.
Ok, he wants money for transfers, we get that.

Gus needs to make his mind up, quite frankly...

Vergini is my buy, says Sunderland boss Gus Poyet
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...-buy-says-sunderland-boss-gus-poyet-1-6364253

If anything, that's an example of why he should get more control over transfers. I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make.

He will of course make suggestions to Congerton but at the end of the day, Congerton has been brought in to control recruitment. That's what he gets paid for.

We give this bloke his big break in football at our illustrious club and this is how he repays that faith?! He's talking like he's Del Bosque slumming it at some backward little outfit that are holding him back from continued managerial greatness. I don't know how he dare.

Reality check Gus: You've had a couple of years with Brighton and done nowt. NOTHING. Barcelona won't be knocking on your door for a while yet so shut your mouth, show humility and respect and be thankful for this fantastic opportunity. If you can't do that then go. We'll do our best to recover without you.

Sounds a bit more annoyed this time. From the BBC live feed

Trouble at Sunderland?

Black Cats boss Gus Poyet has suggested he isn't the manager when it comes to the club's recruitment policy.
"I want more quality. Do I think I'll get it? I don't know," he told several national newspapers. "I am a head coach. I am not going to be a head coach when it suits people and a manager when it doesn't. That side of it is down to recruitment.
"So, if you ever get the chance to speak to anyone on the recruitment side and ask them about it, you are lucky. If you don't, don't ask me."

We give this bloke his big break in football at our illustrious club and this is how he repays that faith?! He's talking like he's Del Bosque slumming it at some backward little outfit that are holding him back from continued managerial greatness. I don't know how he dare.

Reality check Gus: You've had a couple of years with Brighton and done nowt. NOTHING. Barcelona won't be knocking on your door for a while yet so shut your mouth, show humility and respect and be thankful for this fantastic opportunity. If you can't do that then go. We'll do our best to recover without you.

Logon or register to see this image

So he had no input in the signings of buckley, bridcutt, coates,scocco,alvarez?

Aye ok gus. The blokes a f***ing tit
Show me where he's said he didn't have any input.

He has final say. It really is simple as that. Even if he is trying to get the message across that more money is needed, he is going about it the wrong way. He is loves to dodge blame and I wish he would just concentrate on the matches TBH. On the run up to the derby, we need to sound together and positive, not calling our squad 'lacking in quality'

Just shut the fuck up man.

Last season he had the luxury of a miracle and there would of been hell on if he had walked or sacked. But he's not got that luxury this year. He could be talking himself into the sack if a couple of defeats come our way.
Luxury? He didn't go out and buy it in Tiffany's. He still had to get them playing as a winning team.
It's some of the same players who managed to deliver then, who are letting him down now. We also have an ageing defence, who will struggle to keep up the level they have shown recently.

He's not the manager, man! Sounds like he's getting his point over before the window begins, so he can exempt himself from any future blame or blemish. Should the window fail to provide the recruitment he wants. Gus is future-proofing himself. :)

Gus needs to make his mind up, quite frankly...

Vergini is my buy, says Sunderland boss Gus Poyet
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...-buy-says-sunderland-boss-gus-poyet-1-6364253
He's on loan, man. Gus didn't buy him.

Completely agree that its counter productive putting quotes like this out there to be discussed nationally on talkshite etc.

Hes signed his contract, it`ll state his exact position, imo it should also state he doesn't make daft points like he does each week.

Imo we should do a Man utd, regularly put a no. 2 infront of the cameras to limit the exposure/outbursts of the manager.

For once I thought we were getting stability but seems certain he`ll spit his dummy and run, balming everyone but himself, shame like cos theres a good manager in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back